Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by NATURAL PLAT View Post
    how many almonds=12g of fat?
    Almonds are .5g fat/g. C'mon bro, stop being lazy and weigh your damn food!

Quote Originally Posted by diehardlifts View Post
    Thanks!!!

Yeah I've become totally anal about checking food/drink/supp labels myself! My girl and I have actually stopped going out to eat(besides our cheat meal), because we want to be sure whats going into our food!
    Precisely the reason why I go out to eat all of twice a year. If I do go out, I bring my own chicken and nuts in a ziplock bag under my jacket, order a plain green salad, put the food on, and thrown on some salt with maybe some mustard, LOL.

Oh yeah, I do eat at a buffet after my contest, in which case I eat whatever i want, including pizza : ). I eat full fat pizza once every 1.5 years.

This is what one of Myth's Whey Slurpees looks like. This is about 50oz, and I have 3 a day, so I'm eating over a gallon of my slurpees a day!
    Attached Images Attached Images

bro those slurpees are crazy!!! i think i have the recepe saveed on my other computer because if not ill be pretty upset lol
    Primordial Performance Forum Representative

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    The Diet:

The premise of the diet is high protein, moderate fat, and very low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis, and uses ketone bodies (fats) for energy. The energy requirements by the body can virtually be completely supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40-50g per workout. You will get this 40-50g indirectly through the foods you eat. As a backup, the re-feed meal, or re-feed day you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. Remember, it takes 3-6 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

Re-feed:

After you complete 2 solid weeks (at least 14 days) on the diet, start having a re-feed meal, or re-feed day once per week. Its up to you to figure out which one works best for you. HAVE YOUR RE-FEED ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, and if you choose a one meal re-feed, make it the last meal of the day. Eat what you are craving, but try to avoid trans fats. (hydrogenated oil)

What wouold you think about the same exact diet and training but instead of 40-50 carbs a person would run 70-90 but with no re-feed days at all.

Goal weight loss but just at a slower pace and with some more eating options. I did keto and loved it, lost 25lbs in 4 weeks, 20 after re-hydration so it works but I just can't run the 40g of carb thing again. I am just looking to be 10% BF so this is not for BB comp.

Spotter

I got a supply of PlasmaJet for my bday recently and just wanted to check if it was ok to take on the diet

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    This is what one of Myth's Whey Slurpees looks like. This is about 50oz, and I have 3 a day, so I'm eating over a gallon of my slurpees a day!
    Do you hold you nose when you eat it or what!?

Quote Originally Posted by pYUNEit View Post
    Do you hold you nose when you eat it or what!?
    why would I do that? sorry, I didn't catch the joke....

Quote Originally Posted by pYUNEit View Post
    I got a supply of PlasmaJet for my bday recently and just wanted to check if it was ok to take on the diet
    It only has 1.2 carbs per serving, so that is fine. : )

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    What wouold you think about the same exact diet and training but instead of 40-50 carbs a person would run 70-90 but with no re-feed days at all.

Goal weight loss but just at a slower pace and with some more eating options. I did keto and loved it, lost 25lbs in 4 weeks, 20 after re-hydration so it works but I just can't run the 40g of carb thing again. I am just looking to be 10% BF so this is not for BB comp.
    There are no direct sources of carbs eaten, so, its not that you shoot for a certain number of carbs, (40-50g) some just end up taking in that many from indirect carb sources like All natural PB, veggies, fiber supps, etc. A lot of people end up with about 20-30g for the day.

40-50g is usually the recommended max number of carbs that can be taken in and still remain in ketosis. However, there are some people who can take in 85-100g and stll stay in ketosis.

Usually, when 85-100g of carbs a taken in, the brain will shift in and out of ketosis, and you'll feel like shit. If the no direct carb source protocol is followed, the brain will use ketones as fuel, blood sugar remains stable, and you'll feel great all the time.

During ketosis, the re-feed meal, or meals are necessary, even if you discover you can take in 85-100g carbs and still be in ketosis.

Why do you feel you can't run the 40g carbs again? What did you feel like?

Myth....dont post a slurpee pic without re posting the recipe bro.

Legend...is theuse of GDA's ever recommended? Supposedly if you want to do KETO and you use GDA in conjunction with carbs around your workout...you will be back in ketosis with 2 hrs...

I am specifically talking about metformin aka glucophage.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    There are no direct sources of carbs eaten, so, its not that you shoot for a certain number of carbs, (40-50g) some just end up taking in that many from indirect carb sources like All natural PB, veggies, fiber supps, etc. A lot of people end up with about 20-30g for the day.

40-50g is usually the recommended max number of carbs that can be taken in and still remain in ketosis. However, there are some people who can take in 85-100g and stll stay in ketosis.

Usually, when 85-100g of carbs a taken in, the brain will shift in and out of ketosis, and you'll feel like shit. If the no direct carb source protocol is followed, the brain will use ketones as fuel, blood sugar remains stable, and you'll feel great all the time.

During ketosis, the re-feed meal, or meals are necessary, even if you discover you can take in 85-100g carbs and still be in ketosis.

Why do you feel you can't run the 40g carbs again? What did you feel like?
    Damn, I guess I will have to just eat a specific calorie amount and lose fat that way.

I am just burned out on KETO, plus after a KETO I am crazy hungry for about a month...thus some big re-gaiining of fat.

My LBM is 190, and I am 230 so I will just try a 2800 cal a day diet and hope to level off around 210 in the next 3-4 months.

Hey Myth and Legend, can you tell me why I would be NOT registering ketosis on keto sticks? I counted the most carbs I have taken in was 46 carbs all from indirect sources like anpb and almonds. So

Also Myth, can I use splenda in your slurpees in stead of stevia or should I just go buy the stevia?

Those ketostix are pretty inaccurate...and even on the keto diet you are unlikely to register more than trace ketones anyway. How many days since you started the diet / had a refeed? I don't tend to use the sticks, but if you're only taking in incidental carbs and have the energy to work as normal and train then don't worry, you are definitely in ketosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight9 View Post
    Myth....dont post a slurpee pic without re posting the recipe bro.
    MYTH'S WHEY SLURPEE (FOR THE LAST F-N TIME!)

4-5 CUPS ICE
    WHEY
    12OZ DIET SODA
    STEVIA TO SWEETEN
    NUT BUTTER
    PRE-SOAKED PSYLLIUM HUSK

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    Hey Myth and Legend, can you tell me why I would be NOT registering ketosis on keto sticks? I counted the most carbs I have taken in was 46 carbs all from indirect sources like anpb and almonds. So
    According to those retarded sticks, I'm still in ketosis after eating 4000 carbs I think a big reason is the fact that if you drink a lot of water, your piss will be too diluted to register accurate results. You have to be dehydrated as hell, with dark yellow piss.

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    Also Myth, can I use splenda in your slurpees in stead of stevia or should I just go buy the stevia?
    Can't use Splenda on the keto diet, period, bro. If not on keto, then of course its fine. Splenda is a joke anyway. Its one of the most successful marketing scams in history! Stick with calorie-free stevia or even the nre Truvia, which contains an extremely low calorie sweetener called erythritol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythritol

Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast