Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Knight9 View Post
    Myth....dont post a slurpee pic without re posting the recipe bro.

Legend...is the use of GDA's ever recommended? Supposedly if you want to do KETO and you use GDA in conjunction with carbs around your workout...you will be back in ketosis with 2 hrs...

I am specifically talking about metformin aka glucophage.

During a ketosis diet, have your Waxy/Vitargo, or whatever carb source you choose PWO. With a dose of Metformin, you will be back in ketosis in 1-2 hours.

Do I recommend this?.....No, but only because I've never tried this before. I have no buisness recommending something I've never tried myself.

Some people say it works great, but I don't know.

The perfect person to ask about this exact subject would be RR.

Can't use Splenda on the keto diet, period, bro. If not on keto, then of course its fine. Splenda is a joke anyway. Its one of the most successful marketing scams in history! Stick with calorie-free stevia or even the nre Truvia, which contains an extremely low calorie sweetener called erythritol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythritol[/QUOTE]

I find that Truvia leaves an horrific after taste - I made the cinnamon eggs with it and was struggling to keep it down . Have you tried it Myth? How does it compare to Stevia?

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

I find that Truvia leaves an horrific after taste - I made the cinnamon eggs with it and was struggling to keep it down . Have you tried it Myth? How does it compare to Stevia?
    No I haven't tasted erythritol. But thank you for warning me; I'll probably never buy it now. Stevia is my best friend and I'm sticking with it for the long haul. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
    Last edited by Myth; February 4th, 2009 at 11:43 PM.

Glad to see your thread MYTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    During a ketosis diet, have your Waxy/Vitargo, or whatever carb source you choose PWO. With a dose of Metformin, you will be back in ketosis in 1-2 hours.

Do I recommend this?.....No, but only because I've never tried this before. I have no buisness recommending something I've never tried myself.

Some people say it works great, but I don't know.

The perfect person to ask about this exact subject would be RR.

i have not tried metformin yet its pretty easy for me to get, however PSLIN seems to be really great for me, depending on carb intake you cand use up to 800mg and stay fairly close to ketosis. if not be back in ketosis in the same time as if you take the metformin.
    Primordial Performance Forum Representative

got y'all own thread on MD WTF... LOL
    you know why you are training, if you dont get out !

Myth on a refeed day if using vitargo as the carb source pre and post workout would you still take your cheaters relief 15min proir to these shakes?

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteak View Post
    Myth on a refeed day if using vitargo as the carb source pre and post workout would you still take your cheaters relief 15min proir to these shakes?
    Only if I was using massive amounts, like at least 150-200g carbs worth at each shake. But you would never catch me training on the HOLY refeed day! lol

Another thing: always pour out the powder from the caps and swig it down. Otherwise they do not digest thoroughly. I found this out the hard way. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I definitely will do that next week! I just have to put a disclaimer stating that I am not liable for any heart attacks caused by viewing such dramatic pictures, LOL.
    Despite many of us beating our heads against the wall in conversation, I remember someone once stating such weight gains could never be accomplished from diet alone... your photos are the best proof thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    According to those retarded sticks, I'm still in ketosis after eating 4000 carbs I think a big reason is the fact that if you drink a lot of water, your piss will be too diluted to register accurate results. You have to be dehydrated as hell, with dark yellow piss.

Can't use Splenda on the keto diet, period, bro. If not on keto, then of course its fine. Splenda is a joke anyway. Its one of the most successful marketing scams in history! Stick with calorie-free stevia or even the nre Truvia, which contains an extremely low calorie sweetener called erythritol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythritol

I thought not on the splenda. Thought I'd ask cause I told the wifey to get some stevia and she shows up with a box of like 1000 splenda packs.

Myth and Legend,
    Thanks for keeping the nature of this thread alive.

Legend, before the last thread disappearred, you posted a link to where we could by leucine at a good deal, can you repost? Thanks guys

Myth/Legend,
    I know fasted state cardio at a low heart rate while on a keto diet is the way to go... I also know you should be getting a source of Amino Acids/Protein before lifting. My schedule only permits me to do cardio and lift in one session in the morning. How would ideally set this up? Cardio first, shake/AA's, wait a bit, then lift? I know in theory returning to lift later is ideal but that's just not realistic for me. As always, I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOY87 View Post
    Myth/Legend,
    I know fasted state cardio at a low heart rate while on a keto diet is the way to go... I also know you should be getting a source of Amino Acids/Protein before lifting. My schedule only permits me to do cardio and lift in one session in the morning. How would ideally set this up? Cardio first, shake/AA's, wait a bit, then lift? I know in theory returning to lift later is ideal but that's just not realistic for me. As always, I appreciate the help.
    Shake, train, cardio, shake

Quote Originally Posted by biggerbytheminute View Post
    Myth and Legend,
    Thanks for keeping the nature of this thread alive.

Legend, before the last thread disappearred, you posted a link to where we could by leucine at a good deal, can you repost? Thanks guys

Pure L-leucine:
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...ne-1-kilo.html

Pure BCAAs:
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...-s-1-kilo.html

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    I thought not on the splenda. Thought I'd ask cause I told the wifey to get some stevia and she shows up with a box of like 1000 splenda packs.

Remember, it not the sucralose itself that needs to be avoided. Companies(like the makers of Splenda) combine it with maltodextrin to be used as an anti-caking agent. On a ketosis diet, its the maltodextrin that is the problem, not the sucralose. This is why diet soda (even diet soda sweetened with Splenda) is acceptable...they do not contain maltodextrin.

That being said, most stevia in powder form also has maltodextrin added as an anti-caking agent, which would make it no different than buying Splenda.

My recommendation would be to go with liquid Stevia while on a keto diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Remember, it not the sucralose itself that needs to be avoided. Companies(like the makers of Splenda) combine it with maltodextrin to be used as an anti-caking agent. On a ketosis diet, its the maltodextrin that is the problem, not the sucralose. This is why diet soda (even diet soda sweetened with Splenda) is acceptable...they do not contain maltodextrin.

That being said, most stevia in powder form also has maltodextrin added as an anti-caking agent, which would make it no different than buying Splenda.

My recommendation would be to go with liquid Stevia while on a keto diet.
    I was wondering about this, I had my wife pick up some stevia in a powder form and the ingredients were dextrose and stevia extract.

Dedicated Noob

Thumbs up Stevia Balance w/inulin

This Stevia has inulin which is a fiber and no maltodextrin or other caking agents that would be deteremental http://vitaglo.com/6968.html

Page 4 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast