Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteak View Post
    Why no training on refeed? Do you feel like the body doesnt utilize the carbs as well if you go train?
    The main reason is that I train my ass off 6 days straight before hand, so I am more than enough depleted to take full advantage of the glycogen supercompensation. So on my 7th day, I rest and become a lazy, gluttonous slob

usually do 30-35 min on the bike after workouts. don't get me wrong, I feel great. much better than I have in years. i guess I was just expecting a great change in weight. could added muscle be a culprit as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    The main reason is that I train my ass off 6 days straight before hand, so I am more than enough depleted to take full advantage of the glycogen supercompensation. So on my 7th day, I rest and become a lazy, gluttonous slob
    I do the same as far as training, I will try switching it up and not train on this refeed, thx for the info bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Learning View Post
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 6oz of lean ground sirloin (cooked weight) or 7oz salmon (cooked weight), a small green salad. (No tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) w/ Ĺ tablespoon of extra virgin Olive Oil.

I thought it was 1 tablespoon of EVOO?
    It's not any set amount of fat. Tailor the diet to your specific biochemistry : )

Quote Originally Posted by ironman70 View Post
    Also, myth, in the last thread, you posted a link to the whey protein you use. I believe it was a 25 lb. bucket. Can you post that again please?
    http://www.vitaglo.com/whprsubl25lb.html

here ya go. $3.72/lb. no tax, no shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzy View Post
    Legend or Myth is Safflower oil ok? I think it more then EVOO and is high in Mono fats.
    no, its complete garbage. way too high in omega 6s, which we already get plenty of, go for EVOO or mac nut oil

Spotter

why would I do that? sorry, I didn't catch the joke....
    For some reason it was showing darker on my screen yesterday and looked like a big pile of shtunk sittin at the top of your cup...oh well, I failed, me no funny

usually do 30-35 min on the bike after workouts. don't get me wrong, I feel great. much better than I have in years. i guess I was just expecting a great change in weight. could added muscle be a culprit as well?
    could be some muscle, but think about it: 30-35 minutes LIT cardio on a bike will only burn ~150-200kcal MAX

Quote Originally Posted by pYUNEit View Post
    For some reason it was showing darker on my screen yesterday and looked like a big pile of shtunk sittin at the top of your cup...oh well, I failed, me no funny
    if it was a , I wouldn't be eating 150 ounces of it a day, lol

Spotter

if it was a , I wouldn't be eating 150 ounces of it a day, lol
    Heard dat!!

thanks Myth for the link.

Longer cardio time? Throw in some HIIT?

thanks Myth for the link.

Longer cardio time? Throw in some HIIT?
    you taking any fat burners? whats your weight loss been the past couple weeks?

Myth.

Iím going out from Palumbo diet to mass gain phase, I would like to use Palumbo macros for this phase. Iíve been looking up some guidelines: a good start point would be: 1.5p 0.5f 1.0c and I saw l you recommend spread over 3 meals: Meal 1, PWO and PWO 2.
    Well, months ago I saw more mixed approach from palumbo yielding 50 25 25 ratio, so more or lees for my 176 pounds it would be 1.75p 0.4f 0.85c and I would adjust from here, and spread carbs over 6 or 7 meals. Do you agree with mixed approach yet? If so, on training days, how many carbs do you estimate for PWO, and how much for each meal?

Thanks

not currently taking any fatburners or caffeine. maybe a cup of coffee a day...maybe. i would say fat loss has been around 5-8 lbs in 5 weeks. perfect on the diet too.

Myth, thanks a ton for re-posting this thread, your resilience is amazing as I for one would have lost all heart once the other thread was deleted.
    Legend I'm sure you'll be around quite a bit too, both of you keep up the good work.

Myth, do you like that other protein you posted more than tp's?

Thank you Legend will make the changes suggested

[quote=ironman70;1330277]thanks Myth for the link.

Longer cardio time?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Cardio:

Cardio should be performed first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. Do it at low intensity (under 125-130-bpm heart rate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuel source since as your heart rate increases; carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY. Start with 30 minutes, 7 days per week, and work your way up to 45 minutes, 7 days per week. If you need to go up, you can, but don’t go over an hour in one session. If you need more, start adding cardio immediately post-workout.

Throw in some HIIT?

No way!

Legend, I know you recommend this for PWO while taking in carbs.

PWO Example:
    within 20 minutes post-workout have 40-70g WMS + 10g BCAAs + 5g leucine + 3-5g creatine.
    25 minutes later have 30-35g whey isolate
    45-75 minutes later have a whole food meal PRO/FAT/CARBS

My question is while on a Keto diet, would you take 10g BCAAs + 5g leucine + 3-5g creatine PWO? Then have your next meal when it rolls around?

Thanks!

Page 6 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast