Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

Myth/Legend,
    I'm not dieting for a show or anything, just to reduce overall body fat...so I was wondering, on a non contest prep keto diet, how mindful should one be concerning their sodium intake? I'm not too concerned about retaining water right now, it's still too cold to walk around with the shirt off. Regardless, is there any benefits to reduces sodium whilst on this particular diet? Thanks again guys. We all greatly appreciate you guys bringing this thread back and helping us out.

Quote Originally Posted by jake4130 View Post
    Legend, I know you recommend this for PWO while taking in carbs.

PWO Example:
    within 20 minutes post-workout have 40-70g WMS + 10g BCAAs + 5g leucine + 3-5g creatine.
    25 minutes later have 30-35g whey isolate
    45-75 minutes later have a whole food meal PRO/FAT/CARBS

My question is while on a Keto diet, would you take 10g BCAAs + 5g leucine + 3-5g creatine PWO? Then have your next meal when it rolls around?

Thanks!

Keto post-workout:

45-50g whey isolate
    5g leucine
    3-5g creatine

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Keto post-workout:

45-50g whey isolate
    5g leucine
    3-5g creatine
    Thanks, why no BCAA's?

Legend or Myth...whats your take on the use of Glycerol pre workout or pre-stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jake4130 View Post
    Thanks, why no BCAA's?
    You are consuming protein with this post workout. Your bcaa and eaa are in the protein. You do not need to add aminos in/with protein powder. In a bulk phase, his shake that contains BCAA is with Waxy Maize or Vitargo which is a shuttling agent...then Isolate later.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOY87 View Post
    Myth/Legend,
    I'm not dieting for a show or anything, just to reduce overall body fat...so I was wondering, on a non contest prep keto diet, how mindful should one be concerning their sodium intake? I'm not too concerned about retaining water right now, it's still too cold to walk around with the shirt off. Regardless, is there any benefits to reduces sodium whilst on this particular diet? Thanks again guys. We all greatly appreciate you guys bringing this thread back and helping us out.
    All active people, especially athletes, need at least 3 x the amount of sodium the FDA recommends. On a keto diet, you need even more.

Keeping sodium low will cause you to feel like shit, cause you to be flat as a board, will cause you to feel weak and tired, and will cause you to be very sodium sensitive when you do eat a meal with alot of sodium.

Keep your sodium high through the entire diet, wether you're doin a show or not, unless you have genetic uncontrolled high blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight9 View Post
    You are consuming protein with this post workout. Your bcaa and eaa are in the protein. You do not need to add aminos in/with protein powder. In a bulk phase, his shake that contains BCAA is with Waxy Maize or Vitargo which is a shuttling agent...then Isolate later.
    I got ya. Yeah I am having a shake per and PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight9 View Post
    Legend or Myth...whats your take on the use of Glycerol pre workout or pre-stage.
    I don't have personal experience with Glycerol, but the studies I have read on it seem to show that glycerol can enhance athletic performance and cause “hyperhydration” when consumed with water (above and beyond that with water alone). It seems to help keep the body cooler during exercise.

All active people, especially athletes, need at least 3 x the amount of sodium the FDA recommends. On a keto diet, you need even more.

Keeping sodium low will cause you to feel like shit, cause you to be flat as a board, will cause you to feel weak and tired, and will cause you to be very sodium sensitive when you do eat a meal with alot of sodium.

Keep your sodium high through the entire diet, wether you're doin a show or not, unless you have genetic uncontrolled high blood pressure.

Once again...Thanks for coming through!

Dedicated Noob

[quote=Legend;1331208]
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman70 View Post
    thanks Myth for the link.

Longer cardio time?

Yes.

Hey glad to see this thread is alive and well...er under a diff name.

Take it from me. I followed the training recommendations from my gym and although my trainer worked my butt off doing polymetrics I did loose fat weight rapidly, but I also lost a ton of muscle because I was performing 4 x HIT 20 min sessions weekly while on a low carb diet. Of course I received the "You cannot lose fat without losing muscle" bit from my trainer.

I don't have personal experience with Glycerol, but the studies I have read on it seem to show that glycerol can enhance athletic performance and cause “hyperhydration” when consumed with water (above and beyond that with water alone). It seems to help keep the body cooler during exercise.
    I am considering its effects on/with the 'pump' and having more nutrient rich blood in the muscles...

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    It's not any set amount of fat. Tailor the diet to your specific biochemistry : )

http://www.vitaglo.com/whprsubl25lb.html

here ya go. $3.72/lb. no tax, no shipping!

no, its complete garbage. way too high in omega 6s, which we already get plenty of, go for EVOO or mac nut oil

That site has 10lbs of NOW whey isolate, for 70$. Is that protein as good of quality as TP's protein?

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    That site has 10lbs of NOW whey isolate, for 70$. Is that protein as good of quality as TP's protein?
    Why would you wanna pay $70 for 10 lbs when you can pay $95 or something for 25 lbs??

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by pit.michell View Post
    Myth.

I’m going out from Palumbo diet to mass gain phase, I would like to use Palumbo macros for this phase. I’ve been looking up some guidelines: a good start point would be: 1.5p 0.5f 1.0c and I saw l you recommend spread over 3 meals: Meal 1, PWO and PWO 2.
    Well, months ago I saw more mixed approach from palumbo yielding 50 25 25 ratio, so more or lees for my 176 pounds it would be 1.75p 0.4f 0.85c and I would adjust from here, and spread carbs over 6 or 7 meals. Do you agree with mixed approach yet? If so, on training days, how many carbs do you estimate for PWO, and how much for each meal?

Thanks
    all that is optimal is 3 carb meals. stick with the 1.5P/.5F/1C allotment. even better, do .25P/.085F every 2.5-3hr, then 1g carb split among 3 carb meals. also keep in mind these numbers are for LBM

not currently taking any fatburners or caffeine. maybe a cup of coffee a day...maybe. i would say fat loss has been around 5-8 lbs in 5 weeks. perfect on the diet too.
    try clen and t3

Myth, do you like that other protein you posted more than tp's?
    of course not, but I'm a cheap bastard

what SBT said bro

wanting to stay natural myth but i appreciate the advice...

what does your training split look like?

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

wanting to stay natural myth but i appreciate the advice...

what does your training split look like?
    what constitutes "natural?" if you wanna be natural, then don't bodybuild anymore ; )

I don't have a training "split" because I don't body build. Check my sig for my blog to see that info, hence why it says "my training blog."

natural = no anabolics = nothing illegal

thanks myth!

Page 7 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast