Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    WTF! I just looked at my npb as well and it says 3g sugar. That is not natural.
    Also Myth, Iknow you use cheaters relief and chrom poly, where do you get your chrom poly?
    This is where I get mine:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/chromium.html

^^^^^
    Awesome, thank you.

If someone chooses to do a refeed day, but doesn't have the gda's yet, should they just wait until they get them or don't eat as many carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    OK so I know the question that is constantly on everyone's mind is, "Why is he called Myth?" LOL

This is why

MEAL 1
    cinnamon streusel waffle with butter and syrup
    chocolate cream cheese muffin
    whoopie pie
    brownie with chocolate frosting
    bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal with vanilla pudding
    1/2 ham and pineapple pizza (12" diameter)
    onion bagel + cream cheese
    1 pint vanilla ice cream + chocolate syrup
    chocolate PB dessert

MEAL 2
    1/4 ham and pineapple pizza
    bowl Lucky Charms cereal
    chocolate PB dessert
    3 Rice Crispie Treats
    1 pint chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

MEAL 3
    bowl Reese's PB cereal
    cinnamon raisin bagel + cream cheese
    1/4 ham and pineapple pizza
    chocolate cream cheese muffin
    brownie with chocolate frosting
    1 pint vanilla ice cream + chocolate syrup

MEAL 4
    strawberry Pop tart
    2 chocolate cream cheese muffins
    bowl Reese's PB cereal
    bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal

MEAL 5
    bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
    cinnamon raisin bagel + cream cheese
    grilled cheese sandwich
    PB & J sandwich
    3 Rice Crispie Treats

MEAL 6
    chocolate PB smores
    strawberry Pop tart
    bowl Reese's PB cereal

MEAL 7
    bowl Chocolate Vanilla Rice Crispies cereal + chocolate syrup
    1 pint vanilla ice cream

**REFEED TRANSFORMATION PICS TO COME IN A FEW DAYS : )
    There It Is!!! Always leaves me in awe...

Did a little research and found out peanuts naturally contain some sugar, so that I guess answers my own question regarding the pb and almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    WTF! I just looked at my npb as well and it says 3g sugar. That is not natural.

Peanuts and almonds contain a small amount of sugar naturally.

Also Myth, Iknow you use cheaters relief and chrom poly, where do you get your chrom poly?
    You can get Chromium Poly from any nutrition website.

Quote Originally Posted by brock125 View Post
    I just have a few questions I'm unsure about. I take smuckers natural chunky pb and noticed it has 1 gram of sugar per 2 tbs and my raw almonds also contain 1 g sugar. All the other brands are either the same or have a little more sugar. Is this ok does it go in with the trace carbs? Also I take my creatine monohydrate first upon wakening and in my post workout zero carb isopure and natural pb, but is taking the creatine with my lipolyze before my empty stomach cardio ok? Figured it would be since it is just plain creatine mono. Forgive me if these have been answered already.

Take it with breakfast and post-workout.

There is really no benefit in taking it with the Lipolyze.

I been on daves diet for about 5 weeks and I'm doing great. But I still didn't have my cheat meal shoul I just keep going with out it or does my body need it. I don't want to fuck up the progress I been having so far.

But if it will helpp me lose more weight then I'm all for it. Down 20 pounds so far thanks to myth I found the firsr diet u gave me and been running with that.

The refeed is very important you need it no matter what.
    Are you sure that is 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter?

A couple of questions:

1)Lets say one of my meals is chicken breast with almonds,can i add some shredded cabage w/light dressing if im still hungry?
    2)i also use a supplement(liquid beef aminos by all american efx)-i take 4-table spoons at a time w/table spoon of peanut butter(that is when i wake up in the middle of the night hungry),those aminos have 5grams of glycerin in each serving,but they are great quality protein substitute.
    3)sugar free popsicles,sugar free jello?

Ok Legend thanks. I'll start taking it after my empty stomach cardio with my first meal and post workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Legend, Myth,

Do you think it's acceptable to incorporate a little red meat into this diet?

96% lean ground beef, 8oz (raw) has 50g protein and 8-9g fat.

You think Dave would approve of having 8oz of this along with some olive oil or nuts to bring the total fat up to 20g?

I'd love to add a meal or two of ground beef...right now I'm doing 4 chicken meals and two whey meals, fats from olive oil, ANPB, and walnuts.
    One of the meals is supposed to be red meat or salmon with 1tbl mac nut oil or olive oil with 1 cup green veggie. I don't see an issue with 2 of these meals, just no nuts or nut butters with the red meat stick with oils.

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by BULK_CITY View Post
    What's your protocol for the insulin supps?
    when do you take them? how much? do you believe they really work? did you try the chromum + vanadyl in the sticky thread? thoughts on that?

are you doing keto throughout the week then just have a 1 day "skip-load" or does skip have you doing more than just that? (i'm asking b/c I may want to hire him in the future)

thx man, you look great btw!
    Here is what I take 30 minutes before each refeed meal:

4 caps BSN Cheater's Relief
    3 caps (600mcg) chromium polynicotinate
    1 cap multi-enzyme
    1 cap BowlTrol (so I don't get plugged up. This keeps me regular so that I make a bowel movement before each one of my 7 meals)

I also pour out the powder from each cap and swig it down, as I no longer ingest anything capped and I always chew all my tabs, thanks to Legend!

Using this protocol, my blood sugar never gets above 155, even after a 900 carb meal. I return to baseline after about 90 minutes post-prandial. Without GDAs, my blood sugar was in the 180s and it took me much longer to baseline, and I felt terribly lethargic.

I'm doing keto during the week, with a weekly refeed. That's it!

Quote Originally Posted by BBOY87 View Post
    There It Is!!! Always leaves me in awe...
    I always go for the shock-and-awe effect!

Quote Originally Posted by NATURAL PLAT View Post
    I been on daves diet for about 5 weeks and I'm doing great. But I still didn't have my cheat meal shoul I just keep going with out it or does my body need it. I don't want to fuck up the progress I been having so far.

But if it will helpp me lose more weight then I'm all for it. Down 20 pounds so far thanks to myth I found the firsr diet u gave me and been running with that.
    Guess what? If you actually followed the protocol as outlined, and had your refeed after 2 weeks like everyone else, your progress would have been even better! Now don't you feel like ? LOL

Great job with the 20lb loss bro!

Quote Originally Posted by adilevy View Post
    A couple of questions:

1)Lets say one of my meals is chicken breast with almonds,can i add some shredded cabage w/light dressing if im still hungry?

YES ON THE CABBAGE. IF THE DRESSING IS LOW TO NO CALORIE/CARB, THEN YES (IE, WALDEN FARMS, RED WINE VINEGAR, ETC)
    2)i also use a supplement(liquid beef aminos by all american efx)-i take 4-table spoons at a time w/table spoon of peanut butter(that is when i wake up in the middle of the night hungry),those aminos have 5grams of glycerin in each serving,but they are great quality protein substitute.

ITS FINE IF THE ONLY CALORIES COME FROM PROTEIN
    BE CAREFUL, AS THEY TYPICALLY CONTAIN MALTODEXTRIN. READ EVERY INGREDIENT TO BE SURE!
    BOLDED CAPS^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzy View Post
    The refeed is very important you need it no matter what.
    Quoted for truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Legend, Myth,

Do you think it's acceptable to incorporate a little red meat into this diet?

96% lean ground beef, 8oz (raw) has 50g protein and 8-9g fat.

You think Dave would approve of having 8oz of this along with some olive oil or nuts to bring the total fat up to 20g?

I'd love to add a meal or two of ground beef...right now I'm doing 4 chicken meals and two whey meals, fats from olive oil, ANPB, and walnuts.
    Lean red meat is totally fine. That's the only thing i eat for my meat meals some days. If you pan fry and crumble 70% lean ground beef, and rinse it with steaming hot water, it will render out almost all the fat, resulting in only 4g fat per 100g serving. PM me if you wish to see the study.

Therefore i don't even count the fat in my beef meals, as it is negligible. So just add the amount of fat you need for that particular meal.

Quote Originally Posted by adilevy View Post
    A couple of questions:

Are you dieting or offseason?

Myth / Legend, I have a few Questions. I apologize if they have been answered in the previous thread.

1. I feel bloated when I add salt to my food, Should I drop the salt or switch to an alternative?

2. Are carbs mandatory during the mass gain phase?

3. During the Mass Gain phase, Can I just increase my fat intake and consume Macro nutrients in a ratio of 50:45:5 (P:F:C)?

Carbs make me feel lethargic, I tend to do well on Diets incorporating P+F (Anabolic Diet), However, after reading various threads against utilization of bad fats in AD, I switched to a P+F diet incorporating good fats (npb, nuts).

Quote Originally Posted by rockyk86 View Post
    Myth / Legend, I have a few Questions. I apologize if they have been answered in the previous thread.

1. I feel bloated when I add salt to my food, Should I drop the salt or switch to an alternative?

2. Are carbs mandatory during the mass gain phase?

3. During the Mass Gain phase, Can I just increase my fat intake and consume Macro nutrients in a ratio of 50:45:5 (P:F:C)?

Carbs make me feel lethargic, I tend to do well on Diets incorporating P+F (Anabolic Diet), However, after reading various threads against utilization of bad fats in AD, I switched to a P+F diet incorporating good fats (npb, nuts).
    On the mass phase you need carbs. I believe myth recommends .75-1g carbs x LBM in breakfast PWO,PWO2. The rest of the meals are just pro/fat.
    Are you sure that is 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter?

Dedicated Noob

As far as Chromium Polynicotinate goes, 200mcg was recommended to start with and adjust in tiny tiny increments IF necessary. 1000mcg from 1 cap of Higher Power or even 600mcg as Myth takes at one taking would be very risky for others. Everyones body works differently so be safe.

does anyone monitor body temps? I had my giant cheat meal friday night and this morning my body temp was a measily 95.9 degrees... Im around 12 % BF, maybe time to employ the "refeed day"?

Page 9 of 176 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast