Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2007 TEAM MD PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION

guys I'm having problems with the diet. I stopped drinking cokes and all other carbs this passed sunday. Tuesday morning my stomach started burning and tuesday evening I started throwing up every time I tried to eat. Thursday morning I broke down and had a piece of bread with peanut butter and felt alot better. I have always had a sensitive stomach. Any suggestions?

What are you spicing your foods with? Also, you might have to get used to the diet......... remember, it takes 3 days to get into KETOSIS (a state where your brain no longer burns carbs but, instead, burns fats-- ketone bodies). During that initial 3 days, you'll feel really "loopy" and out of it. Be persistent. This is a completely different way of eating for most of you Also, make sure you take a fiber supplement (sugar free Metamucil 2x per day is fine).

Exclamation Special Ed's Story

Here is my story:

My brother began lifting weights when he was 13 and I was 11. For four years I watched him grow big and strong and pull all the hottest girls in the school, but I had no interest in lifting. Despite getting picked on and pushed around by bigger and stronger kids at school and in summer camp because I was shorter, scrawnier, and had a big mouth, I never touched a weight.

In 11th grade I joined the track team and we went to the school gym on our first day of training. At 5'7 120 lbs, I guess I didn't appear too imposing because one of the other guys on the team offered to bet me $10 that I couldn't put up 50lbs on the Universal Bench Press. The kid who bet me was about 5'2 and 100 lbs and he did it like he was lifting feathers, so like a true sucker, I took the bet. I positioned myself under the bar and pushed with all my might and nothing moved. I thought someone might be sitting or standing on the stack because it didn't budge, but it turned out that I was just incredibly weak.

At the end of 11th grade, I went down into my basement and brought the weight bench and weights upstairs to my bedroom. I began lifting 4x a week and by the end of the summer I had grown to a solid 5'10 and 155 lbs. My brother told me I couldn't join the gym until I could bench 135, so in October of that year, I was finally able to join a real gym. At the end of my senior year I won a school Bench Press Contest and I headed off to college.

In 1988, at the age of 18, I competed in the NPC Powers Classic in the Teen and Novice divisions. I placed 2nd in the Teen Class and did not place in the Novice Class which was won by future IFBB Pro Yohnnie Shambourger. At the time, Yohnnie was 34 but had only been lifting weights for six months. He not only won the Novice but also the Men's Overall. Not realizing that I was in the presence of a genetic freak, I was discouraged by how freaky he was and how lame I looked by comparison after two years of training.

I wondered if I had to take steroids to compete at a higher level. Around that time I became penpals with James Bradshaw, one of the largest steroid dealers who was doing three years in prison in Louisiana. He told me that ALL pros were on steroids (even Mike 'The Natural' Ashley!!) and that you cannot reach a contest-ready 225 lbs at 5'8 without drugs. He said that anyone who told me differently was a liar. After he got out, James went on to become a marketing consultant to MetRx and Hot Stuff among other endeavors.

Discouraged, I quit competitive bodybuilding, but continued to lift regularly over the next fifteen years. I bulked up to 210 lbs or so and then would diet down for the summer to 180 or so. I took up boxing and martial arts and fought in the 1993 New York Golden Gloves Tournament at 178 lbs. The last time I saw all of my abs was during the summer of 1996 when I shared a house in the Hamptons with 13 single girls.

The pounds came on gradually since then. I love to eat crap. Ice cream, cookies, chips, soda, cupcakes, and apple pie. And that's the healthy stuff! My diet staples are Oscar Meyer Beef Bologna, muenster cheese, bagels, pizza, and chicken parm with angel hair pasta loaded with butter and salt. Mmmm...I'm getting hungry just typing about it.

Anyway, in 2004, with the birth of my son, my priorities changed and I began to miss more and more workouts. Eventually, I stopped caring about skipping workouts and training and my physique paid the price. I found myself at 5'11 topping 250lbs at 30%Bf. But even though I wanted to train, my desire and hunger to actually make the time, get up and go, was gone.

In late 2006, I went to my doctor for my first checkup in a decade. All of my bloodwork was great and my cholesterol count was low, but my testosterone levels were obscenely low for a man of my age. The doctor prescribed Androgel, my first experience with any type of steroid, and I applied it regularly for a month, but rather than experience a surge of energy and agrression, I felt more lethargic than ever. Seemingly, the application of exogenous testosterone was enough to shut down my own body's production of testosterone, but not enough to have any positive effect whatsoever on my test levels.

Like many men in their 30's, I was suffering from hypogonadism, the effects of which are remarkably similar to depression. Upon learning about the opportunity to publicly share my journey from FAT back to FIT with millions (okay thousands) of viewers, and with the help and guidance of MD's experts, I thought this would be too good of an opportunity to pass up.

It will be 20 years since I last competed in a bodybuilding contest and I plan to commemorate the anniversary of my last competition by stepping on stage once again in 2008. Nothing would further my quest more than to be a part of this great endeavor.

Choose Life.
    Choose Special Ed.

SPECIAL ED...........you're IN!

dave,
    I'm allergic to aspatame(nutrasweet). The sugar free metamucil has aspartame. I found some stuff at HEB "whole psyllium husk". It doesn't have any sugar. Is the HEB stuff ok or can I go head and get the regular metamucil?

You're fine!

I just want to thank Mr G. I was feeling down and ready to quit. He called me up and made me feel alot better. He coached me on how to stay positive and reminded me that you don't fail if you just try. I respect that. Thanks.
    Oh ya, the picture of franco on my post, I will look like that one day!

MR G is one of the most motivating people I know. That's because his STORY is as unbelievable as some of yours is. Maybe, he'll tell his story on here when his typing skills get better (its a long story).....lol

Great idea & great thread, mad props to Mr G for getting the ball rolling, it's good to see people actively helping other people rather than just sayin they do... I'd vote for Buffdoll.

GREAT INSPIRATIONAL STORY.

http://cjcphoto.com/can/

I wanna see the START photos of our 6 Transformation Athletes.......

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post
    I wanna see the START photos of our 6 Transformation Athletes.......
    Who are the 6

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    Great idea & great thread, mad props to Mr G for getting the ball rolling, it's good to see people actively helping other people rather than just sayin they do... I'd vote for Buffdoll.

I'm blushing ~~LOL thanks ~!.. Worked 16 hours now off to the Gym ~!

Never make a promise u can't keep ~ When u promise your self ~Always keep it no matter what it takes : Your word is your honor and Your honor is your word~!...

Bear Blessings ~
    Pamela

HERE ARE THE FIRST 6 WINNERS FOR 16 WEEKS START DATE 4/09/07-8/13/07 1.JEFF(PEARCE) TRONTO CANADA
    2.BUFFDOLL (PENNSYLVANIA)
    3.WOLVERINE (TEXAS)
    4.DAVIDbb (UNITED KINGDOM)
    5.BWOOOD415 (MASSACHUSETS)
    6.SPECIAL ED (N.Y. )
    CONGRATS TO ALL I NEED ALL YOUR PICS E MAIL TO ME AT bodybymr.g@hotmail.com they must have your weight ,bodyfat,and measurements. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR STORIES KEEP THEM COMING
    BECAUSE WE WILL CONTINUE EVERY 16 WEEKS.
    MR.G SAYS FORGIVE YOURSELF FOR YOUR PAST MISTAKES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    HERE ARE THE FIRST 6 WINNERS FOR 16 WEEKS START DATE 4/09/07-8/13/07 1.JEFF(PEARCE) TRONTO CANADA
    2.BUFFDOLL (PENNSYLVANIA)
    3.WOLVERINE (TEXAS)
    4.DAVIDbb (UNITED KINGDOM)
    5.BWOOOD415 (MASSACHUSETS)
    6.SPECIAL ED (N.Y. )
    CONGRATS TO ALL I NEED ALL YOUR PICS E MAIL TO ME AT bodybymr.g@hotmail.com they must have your weight ,bodyfat,and measurements. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR STORIES KEEP THEM COMING
    BECAUSE WE WILL CONTINUE EVERY 16 WEEKS.
    MR.G SAYS FORGIVE YOURSELF FOR YOUR PAST MISTAKES
    I'm wishing you all much success.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Default Streching

Dave and Mr.G,

I would like seperate opinions on this issue.. Please;.....

What is the rationale behind the strech of the muscle before and after your

workout and how imperative is it for muscle development and repair ?

I would like seperate opinions on this issue.. Please;.....

What is the rationale behind the strech of the muscle before and after your

workout and how imperative is it for muscle development and repair ?

Muscle growth is limited by the stiffness of the connective tissue that surrounds the muscle. The more "stretch" on the muscle, the easier it will be for the muscle to expand into new "territory". This is the principle of how creatine and site injection oils work. They place a 24-hour stretch on the muscle! Additionally, stretching also helps prevent injury.

GO Buffdoll!!!

TEAM BUFFDOLL!!! Show 'em how its done!

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast