Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro Victor Martinez

Victor,

You should have been Mr. O in 2007!!! The way every compeditors body changes their should be a new O every year. Which bodybuilder do you most keep an eye on and who are you watching out for in the future?

Good luck at the Arnold, its yours.

Victor did you see my post brother!

Victor this is your show man!

Quote Originally Posted by jj2006 View Post
    Victor did you see my post brother!
    LOL

Vic you looked great on stage! Glad to see your back! 2nd place is just preperation for 1st.

Disappoiontment, anger, confusion. That right there describes my feelings right now. Nobody and I mean nobodody brought the package you brought to the table, I was in complete awe of your physique as always. Patiently waiting for your return and watching you overcoming the injury has been my pleasure because I knew all along that when you're back you're back for real, no matter what the haters think or say. Just know this Vic, you're the best bodybuilder alive right now, and the people who haven't got that yet will do so as they witness the birth of a new Olympiachampion come September. Best of luck to you friend! /Viktor

Vic,

At first I was so mad that I even cried but then I asked myself "why the hell am I crying?, when I should be celebrating the fact that after a horrific injury you came back!" I guess it's because I really wanted you to be the winner last nite. Vic I give you a lot of credit because you walked up on that stage and proved to many that "Victor isn't done!" This is just the beginning and nothing can stop you! Anyone else could have easily given up, but not you! Instead it made you want it even more! For your first time on stage after a year off due to the injury, you looked great. Yeah you didn't win first place, but keep in mind that you have already won the hearts of many fans. It isn't over for you, this is just the beginning! The Victor I know, will not give up! The Victor I know will take this in stride and push harder. Let everyone talk all the bull they want, because no matter what they say, it will take a lot more to bring the dominican dominator down! You are an inspiration to many, and we all admire your dedication! Your time will come God has a plan for you, and it's a great one! Just wait and see!
    Xoxo,
    Pat
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Hey Victor, you looked good man I was really impressed. You gotta remember that you bet a awesome Branch Warren and Toney Freeman with time and patience you will have your number one spot back, so if you think about it you did really good bro best wishes for the future.

One of your real fans...

Vic congratulations man, you put it down, that was a tough show, I couldn't make it to arnold but I watched the webcast and man all you guys were in shape. I still will go on to say I think you will win the olympia. With ronnie gone and dexter winning I think each show can have a different by the way judging is going. For a injury year off you looked great man, and I still don't agree with the decision, I mean your physique flowed better, but hey keep pushing and get that spot dusted off for the sandow in sept. I will definitely be at the olympia to witness you beat dexter, phil and phils idol jay cutler. Also will you have a training video coming out soon?

I was just glad to see Vic back on stage looking the way he did. I wanted Vic to win, but I think seeing him come in from a year off and taking second sent a message. Vic is back, and he aint done yet!

Vic, congrats on looking damn good at your first show in the last 18 months. As soon as you get those wheels evened out, you will be right back at the top of this sport. I know you wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than first place, but $75 grand isn't too bad!

Congrats on a great showing. I know you will be going after the Olympia with a vengeance!

congrats on comeback and 2nd place.

Vic, wsup bro?

Well my question is about injuries. I injured my lower lumbar (right side) while doing deads in December. (While deading 405, my right lifting strap broke, I caught the weight, but didn't hurt myself until I moved the weight away from my body to re-rack the weight)

Now I am mentally blocked from doing deads. I squat +315 easily, but when i tried deading I feel tingling even with light weight (135), so I stopped doing them completely.

How do I get back in and re-construct that muscle?

Also, does core workouts help the lower back, I heard it does not.

BTW I'm 6'0, 302 (+40 bf).

Vic hopefully you can shoot this one straight....

why is it that numerous competitors say they are in their best shape everytime at every comtest year after year when they know that it isnt necessarily true for that contest? Gustavo, Kamali, and numerous others....? is it to not admit they are off incase the word gets round before the contest and it is in best interest for placings or is it a media thing....
    New-Man Nutrition
    Live Free, Train Hard

Victor Martinez, IFBB Pro vshape's Avatar

Thank you all for the overwhelming support i have recieved during this long recovery process! i am happy with my placing and felt that i did very well. I am looking forward to continue my training for the olympia and continue improving my physique. rehabilitating my knee was a long journey but the work is not over! thanks again for all my fans support...
    Victor Martinez, IFBB Pro
    http://ifbbprovictormartinez.com/

Victor Martinez, IFBB Pro vshape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bighit17wolves View Post
    Vic hopefully you can shoot this one straight....

why is it that numerous competitors say they are in their best shape everytime at every comtest year after year when they know that it isnt necessarily true for that contest? Gustavo, Kamali, and numerous others....? is it to not admit they are off incase the word gets round before the contest and it is in best interest for placings or is it a media thing....
    i dont think that their intentions are to lie to everyone...i believe that in order to be your best you must will yourself there!! if you dont believe you will be your best, you wont be!!! if i did not believe that i could not completely heal my knee i wouldnt have and never would have stepped back on stage.
    Victor Martinez, IFBB Pro
    http://ifbbprovictormartinez.com/

Sitting in prejudging Saturday was amazing! As the quarter-turns began seemed like you were getting into the zone and kinda nervous but by the time the call-outs began you came to life!! You've come a long way since 07 and I know the best is yet to come at the Olympia. Glad you've got a positive outlook on your placing & as a competitor I know it made you hungrier! Your real friends and family believe it did and await seeing you in Vegas raise both hands in VIC-tory as the NEW 2009 Mr. Olympia.....

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast