Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Injections: Irritations, infections and procedures

Future

Default Stick It: Where To Inject

Just a reminder...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assinjections.gif 
Views:	449 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	106431  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Future

how-to subcutaneous injection
    Select your injection site. This must be an area that has a layer of fat between the skin and the muscle. This is called subcutaneous. The following parts of your body have subcutaneous layers:

*outer surface of the upper arm
    *top of thighs
    *buttocks
    *abdomen, except the navel or waistline

1. If you are very thin do not use the abdomen as an injection site.
    2. Do not use the same site for injections each time.
    3. Rotate your injection sites in a regular pattern. You should be at least 1 inches away from the last injection site. Jot down on your calendar where you gave you last shot. This will help prevent giving the shot in the same place too soon.
    4. Select a site and cleanse the area (about 2 inches) with a fresh alcohol pad, or cotton ball soaked in alcohol.
    5. Wait for the site to dry.
    6. Remove the needle cap.
    7. Pinch a 2–inch fold of skin between your thumb and index finger.
    8. Hold the syringe the way you would a pencil or dart. Insert the needle at a 45 to 90 degree angle to the pinched–up skin. The needle should be completely covered by skin. If you do this quickly, you will feel very little discomfort.
    9. Hold the syringe with one hand. With the other, pull back the plunger to check for blood. If you see blood in the solution in the syringe, do not inject. Withdraw the needle and start again at a new site.
    10. If you do not see blood, slowly push the plunger to inject the medication. Press the plunger all the way down.
    11. Remove the needle from the skin and gently hold an alcohol pad on the injection site. Do not rub.
    12. If there is bleeding, apply a bandage.
    13. Immediately put the syringe and needle into the disposal container

Default sub Q lump

I read throught the "site irritations" thread. Just wanted some input. Wife gave me and injections in right glute, good site, however used too short of needle, 5/8 x 25g. Shot 1cc prop and didn't get it into the muscle, most or all of it subQ. That was three days ago. I still have a silver dollar sized lump, extremely painful and warm. Pain is from pressure. I have tried hot compresses and massage, no luck. Even stuck a 18g in and tried to evacuate some oil, nothing to speak of. No puss or bleeding, no formation of head, just that hard lump. Any suggestion? I will get on some doxycycline today just to cover the bases. Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh, I know, I know, should have used a longer needle

yeah, the shortest I have ever gone in the glute was 1" but I prefer 1.5". The lump will likely disipate in the next few days.
    good luck man
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Lieutenant

i've had so many as lumps, lol, seriously the best thing to do is not sit down too fast, and dont allow yourself to get spanked.

Quote Originally Posted by axioma View Post
    I read throught the "site irritations" thread. Just wanted some input. Wife gave me and injections in right glute, good site, however used too short of needle, 5/8 x 25g. Shot 1cc prop and didn't get it into the muscle, most or all of it subQ. That was three days ago. I still have a silver dollar sized lump, extremely painful and warm. Pain is from pressure. I have tried hot compresses and massage, no luck. Even stuck a 18g in and tried to evacuate some oil, nothing to speak of. No puss or bleeding, no formation of head, just that hard lump. Any suggestion? I will get on some doxycycline today just to cover the bases. Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh, I know, I know, should have used a longer needle
    It could easily be an irritation since the pin was too short to get a good IM injection in that area... but are you running a fever? Is it UGL gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    It could easily be an irritation since the pin was too short to get a good IM injection in that area... but are you running a fever? Is it UGL gear?
    IP gear. Switched to ice and that really helped inflammation. Slight fever, but achey. Doxycycline helped with that. Lump is now just size of a thumbnail. Thanks guys. Q: Why is IP prop so damn painful? Could I add something to buffer?

Interesting study on injecting aas subq ;

STABLE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS ACHIEVED WITH SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS
    M.B. Greenspan, C.M. Chang
    Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McMaster University,
    Hamilton, ON, Canada

Objectives: The preferred technique of androgen replacement has been intramuscular (IM) testosterone, but wide variations in testosterone levels are often seen. Subcutaneous (SC) testosterone injection is a novel approach; however, its physiological effects are unclear. We therefore investigated the sustainability of stable testosterone levels using SC therapy. Patients and methods: Between May and September 2005, we conducted a small pilot study involving 10 male patients with symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism.

Every patient had been stable on TE 200 mg IM for 1 year. Patients were instructed to self-inject with testosterone enanthate (TE) 100 mg SC (DELATESTRYL 200 mg/cc, Theramed Corp, Canada) into the anterior abdomen once weekly. Some patients were down-titrated to 50 mg based on their total testosterone (T) at 4 weeks.

Informed consent was obtained as SC testosterone administration is not officially approved by Health Canada. T levels were measured before and 24 hours after injection during weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4, and 96 hours after injection in week 6 and 8.

At week 12, PSA, CBC, and T levels were measured however; the week 12 data are still being collected.

Results: Prior to initiation of SC therapy, T was 19.14+3.48 nmol/l, hemoglobin 15.8+1.3 g/dl, hematocrit 0.47+0.02, and PSA 1.05+0.65 ng/ml. During the first 4 weeks, there was a steady increase in pre-injection T from 19.14+3.48 to 23.89+9.15 nmol/l (p0.1). However, after 8 weeks the post-injection T (25.77+7.67 nmol/l) remained similar to that of week 1 (27.46+12.91 nmol/l). Patients tolerated this therapy with no adverse effects.

Conclusions: A once-week SC injection of 50100 mg of TE appears to achieve sustainable and stable levels of physiological T. This technique offers fewer physician visits and the use of smaller quantity of medication, thus lower costs. However, the long term clinical and physiological effects of this therapy need further evaluation.
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

GeorgeForemanRules

Default Injections: Irritations, infections and procedures

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...09/ai_n9145650

http://www.enotes.com/nursing-encycl...rack-injection

From what I have read about these they are great for: Preventing abscesses and also pain from drugs like Test Suspention. Before you attempt one make sure to read up on how it's done....as for the tiny amount of air they recommend to put in the syringe be very careful about that and make sure youu are very educated about IM injectionns before you attempt it.

This injection type is NOT for Beginners.

GeorgeForemanRules

Simple IM rule:
    1. stick
    2. stabilize
    3. Aspirate
    4. Inject

I pinned my left delt yesterday for the first time. Shit is sore as hell now. I did everything right as far as syringe, prep, and injection. Must be high BA or I wiggled the needle around in my arm a little. I suppose an ice pack will help.

Even a little movement can chop up precious muscle.
    Or it could be high BA or high hormone concentration.
    Could just be a new site and your not used to the irritation there.

UNless there is redness, heat, abnormal swelling, fever, I wouldnt start to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by brundel View Post
    Even a little movement can chop up precious muscle.
    Or it could be high BA or high hormone concentration.
    Could just be a new site and your not used to the irritation there.

UNless there is redness, heat, abnormal swelling, fever, I wouldnt start to worry.
    That is what I figured. It should be said to everyone pinning for the first time that if you are nervous and your hands are shanking then expect soreness. Try to calm down a little so you don't jiggle the needle so much.

I think I pinned the same spot to many times, was doing every other day I'm shots in my delta and the one I pinned on Tuesday a lot of the oil leaked out and now it's 4 days later and there's a hard lump there, it's not hot or red or painful. It's just a hard lump. Should I be worried and will it go away?

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy19064 View Post
    I think I pinned the same spot to many times, was doing every other day I'm shots in my delta and the one I pinned on Tuesday a lot of the oil leaked out and now it's 4 days later and there's a hard lump there, it's not hot or red or painful. It's just a hard lump. Should I be worried and will it go away?
    If you press down on it with a finger and it leaves an indent it's an abscess.

It could also just be a hematoma that formed from going through a vein. I've gotten plenty of those, though typically the bump goes away fairly quickly with those.

It could also just be oil collected at the top of the skin, in which case you'll just want to wait it out and maybe apply a hot pad to it every now and again to accelerate the dissipation of the oil.

You definitely want to rotate sites as often as possible to avoid issues like this.

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    If you press down on it with a finger and it leaves an indent it's an abscess.

It could also just be a hematoma that formed from going through a vein. I've gotten plenty of those, though typically the bump goes away fairly quickly with those.

It could also just be oil collected at the top of the skin, in which case you'll just want to wait it out and maybe apply a hot pad to it every now and again to accelerate the dissipation of the oil.

You definitely want to rotate sites as often as possible to avoid issues like this.
    Sorry, but that's false. Pressing down on the red/sore/warm-to-the-touch site and leaving an indent is not always an abcess. Actually, in that guy's case, it's more than likely pitted edemus. Pitted edemus is just a build up of fluid in the muscle. Regardless it's more than likely an intramuscular infection and he needs antibiotics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast