Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How old and how has your training and diet changed.

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • 35+

11 10.19%
  • 40+

29 26.85%
  • 45+

23 21.30%
  • 50+

24 22.22%
  • 55+

12 11.11%
  • 60+

4 3.70%
  • 65+

1 0.93%
  • 70+

2 1.85%
  • 80+

0 0%
  • Not there yet but I am a BB for life

2 1.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters club, how old and how has your training and diet changed.

Super Moderator Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    Been doing this since 1952. Going into my 70th year I train harder, diet harder and walk the walk better than any other time in my life. Having 'been there done that' in every arena of Bodybuilding (titled competitor Natural and on gear, writer, National judge, MS Nutrition), with the exception of Pro, I will win the NPC Masters Nationals Over 70 in 2010.
    Good to see that you are training hard at 70 and competiting.
    Props and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    Been doing this since 1952. Going into my 70th year I train harder, diet harder and walk the walk better than any other time in my life. Having 'been there done that' in every arena of Bodybuilding (titled competitor Natural and on gear, writer, National judge, MS Nutrition), with the exception of Pro, I will win the NPC Masters Nationals Over 70 in 2010.

Way cool dude - I've got at least 20 years to catch up with you! LOL!

Still training very heavy, but working each body part once a week. Only doing 9-12 sets per body part, too. I'm bigger than I ever was in my 20's and 30's....more time, more money, better nutrition, and better understanding of hormonal manipulation!

Behemoth

50 here. 30+ yrs training. I now train brief (about 12-15 sets per w/o) but frequently (4-5 days per week). Everything gets hit 3X approx every 10 days. My strength is for shit compared to say 20 years ago but I feel better. Been following a paleo diet for the past 4 months. Easy and I feel good. I wish I were a bit stronger but overall I'm happy.

after a 12 year layoff from competition.and a 6 yr pure layoff from the weights.I came back last year in the best shape or my life and re-qualified!was planning on competing in the Masters Nationals next year but may have to have surgery.My diet was KETO last year.first time ever.it worked great.

i'm 55 started training when i was 22.i trained till i was 37. blew out my knee broke my hip and screwed up my shoulder when i fell off a bldg.ireally let myself go.didn't train for 16 years weighted 325.at one time i could bench 400. i started training again at the age of 52.i started training 5 days a week on nov 16, 2005.i turned 53 in dec of that year.i didn't miss a workout till feb 2 2007.at this time i weighted 240.i resumed training feb 5,2007.istarted training 6 days a week i haven't missed a workout since.i train each bodypart twice a week.one time heavy,one time light.very high in volume.on heavy days i might work up to 385 or a single on the bench,might squat 505 for 3 to 5 reps,work up to a 495 to 515 deadlift for a single.i wouldn't tell anyone to train like me but it works for me.

I am 46 but didn't step foot in a gym til i was almost 32 started competing at 38. Didn't really "try" to grow til after 2007 Jr Nationals when i went back to competing in bodybuilding so i was 43 then. So if anything i am training harder than ever
    iForce Nutrition Athlete
    iTrain iCompete iDominate iForce

Spotter

Default 40 yrs old and getting bigger and stronger

Started back in Nov 09 at 40 yrs old, Dropped 30 lbs of fat and started hitting the iron. 7 months latter I converted my shop in to a gym and I'm happy as hell. Feel great and I'm getting looks and digs from the babes. there is no turning back now. I'm in it for the long haul. Hell maybe I will become pro one day.

Nobody

Began training in 1978 after seeing my 1st Ironman mag at a Healthfood-store window. Was hooked instantly. Latter went on to compete in the 80's locally. Since 1988 I've trained off and on then completely layed-off for 8 years.

I just started back again 2 weeks ago and began taking the same supplements I always did, but with the addition of Joint-Recovery tabs.

I'm working out light at the moment but can already see progress.

Nobody

Still try to lift heavy but definitely squat less than I did 10 yrs ago because of wear and tear. I do alot more cardio and eat less carbs to stay lower bodyfat Spend alot more time stretching than the ol days www.fitnessconnection.net

The biggest change for me from when I was 15 yrs old (now 44) has been the diet - you just can't compare today's supplements to the 80's,much much easier now with all the advancements - protein bars that taste good/powders that are nice,creatine,glutamine etc etc.No more turkey and milk 6 times a day and lots of raw eggs in a powdered milk drink !!
    Training routines a little different now - for instance instead of training chest and back Mon,Weds,Fri I now train one on one off.
    I'm obviously now stronger and don't go for single reps like when I was a teen and wanting to be as strong as possible,also I had a goal of benching 330lbs as the guy that was teaching me could bench that and I always wanted to try to match it so when I did I quit with the benching for strength type of mentality and now measure my total bench in 10 reps then calculate what it equals in terms of 1 rep max,but more about the feel of the weight now.I find I'm still getting stronger even though I now mix up the training between heavy and light workout, I'm now benching 270lbs for 10 reps at a body weight of 157lbs.
    Best add - I can't train legs due to a RTA at 16yrs old.

71 years young and hoping to compete for the first time (in about 12 weeks). Started working with a nutritionist in January and as of 2 weeks ago am at 11.5% body fat at 172 lbs (my college weight, 50 years ago). Three years ago, following retirement, I decided to start working out again as I'd let my body go to seed and weighed in at 265 lbs.

50 here...Alot has changed since coming back to lifting for me. The biggest change is my intensity and dedication. I really believe I'll be a pro because I truly believe in myself this time around.

Dedicated Noob

I'm 55 and will be 56 by the time I do my first competition. Why I waited so long, who knows.

Little Guy

I still love training heavy. But now I make sure to eat breadfast every day, take a daily multivitamin, intake more protein and carefully look at the supplements I take. Still need to drink more water....but no one is perfect. Looking for a good, consistent workout partner.

Nearing 50. Gaining weight is easier now, but it's all at my waist. lol

Dedicated Noob

I'm 16 days out and my weight has gone from 180 to 164. Things are taking shape nicely, only have excess skin around the middle. I've been told to use prep H to draw it up, so I'll go buy a canister of it. LOL
    Wish me luck guys, this is my first one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast