Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How old and how has your training and diet changed.

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • 35+

11 10.19%
  • 40+

29 26.85%
  • 45+

23 21.30%
  • 50+

24 22.22%
  • 55+

12 11.11%
  • 60+

4 3.70%
  • 65+

1 0.93%
  • 70+

2 1.85%
  • 80+

0 0%
  • Not there yet but I am a BB for life

2 1.85%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masters club, how old and how has your training and diet changed.

I'll say hi and jump in... Started lifting at 49, I'll be 52 next month!
    I had a great transformation and love being a Masters competitor!

Greg

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Great thread, I wish I had made it.

Dedicated Noob

Need to keep this one going.

maintaining a healthy mental side is the hardest part for me. after crossing the 45 thresh hold, you have to work 3x as hard and really pay attention to what you eat just to maintain and not really gain at this point that just getting to the gym can be tough!! so far , the love of the iron still wins

43 now and training approximatlly 20 years. Still train five days per week and wish I hadn t relied on the anabolism so much early on. Lesson learned.

Muscle Head

well no one post much in the masters section,guess it's good place for my first.

just turned 50,and moving into the grandmasters division.3wks out from my second show.

I turn 65 next month and have worked out mainly off and on since the '80's. I moved recently and have the best trainer I've ever had and making great progress. My doctors are digging the changes, and I'm setting new PR's all the time. The others in the gym say I'm the most dedicated person there.

Default old pics new pics masters nats next year?

Docbop keep going!!!! 1st time logging on here in long time not sure if ever just turned 49 bodybuilder/powerlifter long time on and off recent more bench and bench pull.Last 2-3 official meets won my lightweight category overall in either push pull or bench only. Been debating masters nats attached a current pic at bw 175-176 and old competition pics. Will see what happens been eating better/healthier more cardio slowly nothing near precontest taking time due to work and family. Do not want o do things in extreme dieting will not be happy at Attachment 316485Attachment 316486work. See pics can't get current pics to download rying to current pics to download taking very long

Started lifting when the book Arnold "The Education of a Bodybuilder" first came out. Been working out on and off for over 30 years. Finally did my first Bodybuilding show this past year. Masters, over 50. Working on making solid gainz for the 2015 season. I will be bigger and harder.

182-Jim-Seifert-Novice-Mens-Bodybuilding-Light-Weight-winner.jpg

Super Moderator Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner View Post
    Started lifting when the book Arnold "The Education of a Bodybuilder" first came out. Been working out on and off for over 30 years. Finally did my first Bodybuilding show this past year. Masters, over 50. Working on making solid gainz for the 2015 season. I will be bigger and harder.

182-Jim-Seifert-Novice-Mens-Bodybuilding-Light-Weight-winner.jpg
    Congratulations on your first show.

good work too gunnrunner

i see, some of us, who posted on this thread year back r still postin'. sweet since i've posted back n '09, my diet has chaned for the better and my body is doin' much better also. i look much dif then i did back n '09. which is a great thing.
    MY KING OF KINGS

Spotter

I am 61 year old and started training seriously in 1980 (37 years). I did train some when I was younger but I was definitely not very serious about and weight training in sport was not really encouraged much. I competed in the sport of powerlifting for 27 years (best-950/525/800) and retired to do more bodybuilding training. I competed in the 275's and 308's. Now I weight 275 at 6'1" and a very low BF (<10%). My training has gone from lifting heavy 1 rep maxes to 8-12 reps to failure. I now do one body part per day with about 15 work sets and 5 different exercises. I train 5 days a week. So the volume has gone way up and the intensity way down.

My diet had gone from eating as much as I can to make weight to one of high protein and low carbs. My calories have dropped from 10K/d to around 5K/day. I had several injuries in powerlifting, one leading to re-attaching all three vasti at the knee and a shoulder. I have had no further problems since stopping the heavy weight at less than 5 reps. I am retired from work now and have more time to dedicate to eating properly, resting properly and training for about 1.5 hours a day with 2 days off. I am much more muscular and cut that I every was at a younger age. As many years as I have in gyms I will never be able to stop. Most all of my adult life has been in a gym.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123