36 45.57%
  • Start with simple and move to complex

37 46.84%
  • Do not carb load

6 7.59%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple vs Complex to start carb load

Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    You have your own TENS unit, I take it? Never liked the thing myself.
    A TENS unit is different than a stim machine. I have both but a 9 volt battery powered Tens unit is more for blocking pain and its like taking an icepick to Mount Rushmore in comparision to a plug in Stim machine.

Its old but very powerful and unlike the newer units that have a shut off feature once it goes past a certain point to avoid tearing the muscle off the bone, this one does not.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Wait a minute, I want an invite, too. I want to see it. lol

Tip: That isn't "damage" as much as that is just us old guys' normal knees. It takes me longer to warm up my knees than it does to train quads. I can't imagine the damage I have in there and, quite frankly, I probably don't want to know.

Skip
    TrueProtein Sponsored Athlete http://www.TEAMSKIP.net

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM SKIP View Post

Tip: That isn't "damage" as much as that is just us old guys' normal knees. It takes me longer to warm up my knees than it does to train quads. I can't imagine the damage I have in there and, quite frankly, I probably don't want to know.

Skip
    Have you tried deep tissue massage on ur quads?

they can really release a ton of tension that in turn causes knee pain..

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM SKIP View Post

Skip
    Well I am old and you are pretty smart so...................lol... Its actually two injuries days apart and it started when I missed the last step coming up my front steps with two gallons of water in each hand and I landed on my knee and went face down into the door. Thats the impaction injury on the Anteromedial Femoral Condyle which most likely was the catalyst to the tearing of the medial horn. It was pretty funny at first but days later all I did was shuffle under the hack squat pads and BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
    Have you tried deep tissue massage on ur quads?

they can really release a ton of tension that in turn causes knee pain..
    Me or him? I incorporate everything daily but you are SO right as IT band was like steel cords up until a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Well I am old and you are pretty smart so...................lol... Its actually two injuries days apart and it started when I missed the last step coming up my front steps with two gallons of water in each hand and I landed on my knee and went face down into the door. Thats the impaction injury on the Anteromedial Femoral Condyle which most likely was the catalyst to the tearing of the medial horn. It was pretty funny at first but days later all I did was shuffle under the hack squat pads and BINGO!
    alcohol?

man, that just sucks. you have had some injuries over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by johngorman View Post
    alcohol?

man, that just sucks. you have had some injuries over the years!

No, just a clumsy ass bastard that couldnt see the stairs and didnt want to make two trips...lol

Worse was the extra 16 pounds in each hand going down...