Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS

Wow...finally a thread I can add some real world value to...

I have been on HRT for about 7 years. 300mg of TE, every two weeks, was the doc's script. Needless to say, this gave me high highs, and low lows. I switched to weekly injections about 5 years ago, on my own (doc still said every two weeks was plenty), and that was better, but I was still on a roller coaster.

This year, I also read about Sub Q injections, and started trying them. I shoot 15 units of 300mg/ml TE (from a pharmacy), with a 29ga, 1/2 syringe, EOD. Before I started, my total test was a whopping 130 ng/dl, 1 week after a 150mg shot. After 30 days on my eod protocol, my total test was 750 ng/dl. I shot on Monday, and had the blood drawn Tuesday morning, so I guess that was technically a trough number, although peaks and troughs don't mean as much when your shooting a long ester eod.

Now, here's the one thing I'm doing different...my injections aren't classic Sub Q. As I said, I use a 1/2 needle, and shot mainly in the delts. I push the needle straight in, hard enough to depress the skin about 1/4 inch. Technically, this probably makes it shallow IM injection. I have gone as high as 30 units with this method, with no issues...no welts, swelling, redness, leakage, etc. I could easily see doing 50 units this way, every day, which would be cycle dosages.

The shots are painless, and I figure I must be reducing scar tissue buildup, chances of hitting a vein or nerve, etc.

I'll be interested in seeing Heavy's blood work, to see how true sub q's work out, and I'd also be interested in hearing any possible problems with what I'm doing, as well.

Toby J

Quote Originally Posted by TobyJ View Post
    Wow...finally a thread I can add some real world value to...

I have been on HRT for about 7 years. 300mg of TE, every two weeks, was the doc's script. Needless to say, this gave me high highs, and low lows. I switched to weekly injections about 5 years ago, on my own (doc still said every two weeks was plenty), and that was better, but I was still on a roller coaster.

This year, I also read about Sub Q injections, and started trying them. I shoot 15 units of 300mg/ml TE (from a pharmacy), with a 29ga, 1/2 syringe, EOD. Before I started, my total test was a whopping 130 ng/dl, 1 week after a 150mg shot. After 30 days on my eod protocol, my total test was 750 ng/dl. I shot on Monday, and had the blood drawn Tuesday morning, so I guess that was technically a trough number, although peaks and troughs don't mean as much when your shooting a long ester eod.

Now, here's the one thing I'm doing different...my injections aren't classic Sub Q. As I said, I use a 1/2 needle, and shot mainly in the delts. I push the needle straight in, hard enough to depress the skin about 1/4 inch. Technically, this probably makes it shallow IM injection. I have gone as high as 30 units with this method, with no issues...no welts, swelling, redness, leakage, etc. I could easily see doing 50 units this way, every day, which would be cycle dosages.

The shots are painless, and I figure I must be reducing scar tissue buildup, chances of hitting a vein or nerve, etc.

I'll be interested in seeing Heavy's blood work, to see how true sub q's work out, and I'd also be interested in hearing any possible problems with what I'm doing, as well.

Toby J
    Thank you for sharing that. So you are taking 45mg eod?

The only issues I have had were slight bumps under the skin where the depot sits before dissipating. Have you noticed this as well?

btw, welcome to MD!
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Thank you for sharing that. So you are taking 45mg eod?

The only issues I have had were slight bumps under the skin where the depot sits before dissipating. Have you noticed this as well?

btw, welcome to MD!
    Correct...45mg, eod, 300mg every two weeks, or there about.

I have not noticed any bumps, but that may be due to my method being more shallow IM vs. true sub Q.

And thanks for the welcome...I've actually been lurking here for quite some time.

Toby

Heavyiron

So when you plan to perform subcutaneous injections? Drawing any conclusion can be, recommend it?

Greetings
    Matias

Quote Originally Posted by negro1808 View Post
    Heavyiron

So when you plan to perform subcutaneous injections? Drawing any conclusion can be, recommend it?

Greetings

Matias
    To be honest I prefer the IM injects because you feel like the testosterone is hitting you where the SC injects just feel like I am natural. I think for guys running HRT or older patients who want more comfortable injections SC is the way to go but for running cycles IM is better in my humble opinion.
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    To be honest I prefer the IM injects because you feel like the testosterone is hitting you where the SC injects just feel like I am natural. I think for guys running HRT or older patients who want more comfortable injections SC is the way to go but for running cycles IM is better in my humble opinion.
    Thank´s Bro, your very clear explanation!

All I can say from my experience is this...I injected test suspension 2x sub-Q and both times I was left with a very apparent lump in my abdomen are for a couple of weeks...I thought I was gonna have to have a Dr. remove them...I injected HG suspension @ 50mgs/ml x 2 ml each shot...IMO there is not enough blood flow sub-Q to absorb the injection and to benefit from it...I will stick with IM for my aas shots and sub-q for gh, B12, etc

Any updates on this Heavy? I was recently prescribed 300mgs/week for TRT. Hypothetically I could do 3 x 50iu injects weekly SQ and get more stable levels. The thing I found interesting from the study you posted and a few others was that doses were cut in half and the highs/lows were more stable for less sides.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.

FYI I just injected myself sub-q a couple days ago with 1CC of Test E at 250ml/1cc. First day, no problems. Second day, slight swelling, warm touch, slight pink color. Third day, all swelling disappeared. Slight irritation, color returning to normal. Feels like a mosquito bite. I'll probably do half a CC a day now, four times throughout the week

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    The Procedure.

1. Inform patient of the procedure and obtain consent

2. Check the five Rights and prepare and check the medication. In most institutions both nurses must check and sign for the medications.

3. Subcutaneous injections can be given at a 90 degree angle or at a 45 degree angl
    e

4. Normal practice is to give the shot straight in at a 90 degree angle if 2 inches of skin can be grasped between the nurses thumb and first (index) finger

5. However, if only one inch of skin can be grasped the it is safer and less painful to give the injection at a 45 degree angle

6. Remove the alcohol with from the container

7. Cleanse the area where you plan to give the injection. Allow the area dry.

8. Remove the cover of the needle from the syringe

9. Hold the syringe in your writing hand and pull the cover off with the other hand

10. For a 45 degree angle injection hold the syringe with your dominant hand

11. Then place the syringe between your thumb and your index and second fingers. The needle should be pointing to the skin at the 45 degree angle.

12. For a 90 degree angle injection hold the syringe with your dominant hand

13. Then place the syringe under your thumb and first finger. Let the barrel of the syringe rest on your second finger. Some people hold a pen in this manner.

14. Hold the skin with the hand not holding the syringe. Holding the syringe barrel tightly using your dominant hand, use your wrist movement to inject the needle. Sometimes the needle goes in easily. At other times people have tougher skin and a little more pressure or force is used.

15. Push the plunger down to inject the medication into the patient

16. Gently withdraw the needle at the same angle you put it in...also release the pinched skin as you remove...better yet release it right before you remove the needle

17. Finally, wipe the area with the dry sterile gauze 2 x 2 pad

18. Dispose the syringe and needle in the sharps container, or in a used container of MUSCLETECH WEIGHT GAIN HARDCORE.
    No need for aspiration with subcutaneous injections, then?

^No sir. I did quite a few and actually never bled from any of them. Only a little leakage at times.
    PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

You still pinning sub-q?

No, I like less frequent pinning so I just do bigger IM injects. And the prop ester hurts me period so subq doesn't even cut it there. That's realy why I was doing it.

Hmmmm..... Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by PanterA View Post
    ^No sir. I did quite a few and actually never bled from any of them. Only a little leakage at times.
    Subsequent bleeding isn't really the concern, though--it's about accidentally mainlining steroids! But perhaps there are only minor blood vessels directly under the skin, precluding the need for aspiration?

^ You're latter point is what I was getting at. And I can't recall ever reading the need for aspiration with sub q. I watched a girl with diabetes shoot slin one time and she didn't aspirate.

It wouldn't hurt to do though if you're concerned. I gave up aspirating with IM injects a while back myself. For one the needle will not stay in the exact same spot throughout the injection. You might good untill you push down on the plunger and go in a little more. Especially with the more complicated shots. Hell it will be moving around during the act of aspiration.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast