Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with Dr. Mordcai Blau M.D., P.C.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBlau View Post
    Thank you,
    I am no longer involved with that site.
    When considering a Plastic Surgeon first look at his results and then qualifications.
    Last year we performed more then 200 Gynecomastia surgeries and all our patient were happy.
    Ok thanks for the response.

I've heard some doctors use drains and some don't. Is this doctor dependent or patient dependent?

What determines the use of drains?

One other question Doc.

I know a lot of other PS use a compression garment after surgery, but there is no mention of you using them for your patients. Clearly you see phenomenal results, so I assume it's not needed.

Question is, why do some PS use them while others, like yourself find no need for them?

Ok thanks for the response.

I've heard some doctors use drains and some don't. Is this doctor dependent or patient dependent?

What determines the use of drains?

Using drains is the physician choice. Personally I use it only on certain patients. The determination is done during surgery for those patients who suffer from excessive bleeding. About 1 out of 15 patients
    Award winning sculptor and painter.
    Dr. Blau is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon &
    A Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.
    http://www.cosmetic-md.com
    http://www.gynecomastia-md.com

914-428-4700

Quote Originally Posted by n4rf View Post
    One other question Doc.

I know a lot of other PS use a compression garment after surgery, but there is no mention of you using them for your patients. Clearly you see phenomenal results, so I assume it's not needed.

Question is, why do some PS use them while others, like yourself find no need for them?
    I am performing Gynecomastia Surgery for more then 25 years. Early on I had used compression garments and kept it for a few weeks. With more experience I realized that the compression had to be kept for a shorter time.
    In a study that I did 15 years ago I have found that certain kind of elastic dressing"Co-Flex" are usually sufficient and more comfortable. I also found from this study that in most patients 5-10 days is sufficient time for optimal healing and best results.
    It is just a mater of experience and preference.

914-428-4700

That's wonderful to hear and it's awesome that you "experimented" with different things to find what was truly the best. Spoken like a true professional!

Default excess skin

Hi,
    I recently lost about 55lbs over the past year and it looks like I have a belly still at 10%bf. The skin on my lower abdomen is very loose and I was wondering if I put on muscle and give it time would this go away or is surgery the only option for a tight midsection. Im 24, male, 185lb, 5'10''.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Dton83 View Post
    Hi,
    I recently lost about 55lbs over the past year and it looks like I have a belly still at 10%bf. The skin on my lower abdomen is very loose and I was wondering if I put on muscle and give it time would this go away or is surgery the only option for a tight midsection. Im 24, male, 185lb, 5'10''.
    Thanks in advance
    It is a difficult question to answer. It mainly depends on the skin elasticity,not so much the muscles. You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a thorough examination.

914-428-4700

Default financing

Hey Dr. Blau.

can the finance people roll the travel expenses into the surgery cost?

i live in texas and would like to come up there for the gyno surgery but do not know anyone there or where to stay or anything. and i heard that New york is extremely expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman405 View Post
    Hey Dr. Blau.

can the finance people roll the travel expenses into the surgery cost?

i live in texas and would like to come up there for the gyno surgery but do not know anyone there or where to stay or anything. and i heard that New york is extremely expensive.
    People can finance the entire surgical ,travel and accommodation.
    Staying in white Plains less expensive then in NYC.
    If you are untested you should call Maryann and get all the information .
    www.gynecomastia-md.com
    www.cosmetic-md.com

914-428-4700

Quote Originally Posted by DrBlau View Post
    People can finance the entire surgical ,travel and accommodation.
    Staying in white Plains less expensive then in NYC.
    If you are untested you should call Maryann and get all the information .
    www.gynecomastia-md.com
    www.cosmetic-md.com
    ok, thanks

Dr Blau, I have been wanting surgery because i have gyno. About how much would the surgery run me? Im 16, 180lbs, 5'8", I have lost 50lbs over the summer but there is no differnce in the amount of fat stored on my chest. I have always had man boobs but I thought when i lost weight they would go away or atlest get smaller, but no. Is it possible to get rid of gyno other than surgery, Ive done LOTS of cardio but that doesnt seem to help. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PowerHouse15 View Post
    Dr Blau, I have been wanting surgery because i have gyno. About how much would the surgery run me? Im 16, 180lbs, 5'8", I have lost 50lbs over the summer but there is no differnce in the amount of fat stored on my chest. I have always had man boobs but I thought when i lost weight they would go away or atlest get smaller, but no. Is it possible to get rid of gyno other than surgery, Ive done LOTS of cardio but that doesnt seem to help. thanks
    Unfortunately Surgery is the only solution I know for true Gynecomastia. Glandular tissue can not be diminish by cardio or weight loss. The surgical fee varies between 6500-8100$. If you want a more precise amount you can send us photos,or better call us and make an appointment for complimentary consultation.
    www.cosmetic-md.com
    www.gynecomastia-md.com
    Gynecomastia video

914-428-4700

Hello Dr Blau, I've been suffering with gynecomastia for a while now and plan to get it treated very soon, and you're definitely one of the surgeons I'm considering.

I recently went over to gynecomastia.org just to browse around and your name wasn't mentioned, anywhere. It's odd because a few months back when I was looking at the site your name was popping up in a lot of places but now nothing.

Had something happened? I apologize if this is a personal question but it's pretty upsetting to me that I can't find your name anywhere... especially since you're clearly great at what you do.

This is a great thread and to my surprise I found it Googling around.
    gynecomastia.org has recently turned from an informative forum to blindly biased and censoring all that go against it. It's no longer a place you can receive information and consider it untainted. the website owner recently disbanded Dr. Blau because he felt that in the four years that he was there he garnered too many "positive reviews." he said that no one doctor can be that positively reviewed without it being faked. so therefore he began chopping the board to pieces taking out all reviews and any postings concerning this doctor. he also banned anyone that spoke out against the censorship, even though he still allowed his select few doctors, to basically spam the site.

Hello Dr Blau, I've been suffering with gynecomastia for a while now and plan to get it treated very soon, and you're definitely one of the surgeons I'm considering.

I recently went over to gynecomastia.org just to browse around and your name wasn't mentioned, anywhere. It's odd because a few months back when I was looking at the site your name was popping up in a lot of places but now nothing.

Had something happened? I apologize if this is a personal question but it's pretty upsetting to me that I can't find your name anywhere... especially since you're clearly great at what you do.

This is a great thread and to my surprise I found it Googling around.
    Thanks for bringing this up DamnDiesel. I missed this post and couldn't wait to put my two cents in now that I saw it. I am a former member of Gynecomastia.org. I joined in March of 2007 and as my time on the forum progressed, it became abundantly clear that Dr. Blau was the physician of choice when it came to Gynecomastia surgery. That being said I scheduled a consultation for May of 2007 with him and flew out to White Plains, NY. Nothing I heard or saw during that consult wavered my decision in the least. He is a true professional and a caring individual. His confidence in this area is overwhelming and I knew I had found the right doctor. In the summer of 2007 I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Blau for October 23, 2007. Between May and October 2007 I continued to educate myself on the forum and I was well informed about what was gonna happen and my road to recovery. The positive comments from previous patients of Dr. Blau's continued. No surprise there.

Fast forward now to October 18, 2007 which was a Thursday, five days before my scheduled surgery with Dr. Blau. I got banned from Gynecomastia.org on this day the same time as Dr. Blau did. I hadn't even had surgery with him yet, but since I scheduled it and was making my positive feelings known about what I'd seen and read, they banned me! Not only that, every person, numbering in the hundreds (maybe thousands over the entire tenure of the forum) who had posted a positive experience about Dr. Blau or even a positive thought about him were banned as well! Translated: The forum now is a former shadow of itself, a watered down version if you will. It is a shame that other people who are suffering such as I was don't have this resource in which to educate themselves. And why? I can't answer that question because I'm not a politician but common sense prevails. It would seem that certain forces at work on the forum itself (two names come to mind that I'll leave off here) were jealous of Dr. Blau and all the praise he attained and felt it was taking away from them.

I am thoroughly and completly disgusted with the site owner of Gynecomastia. org because he banned me five days prior to my scheduled surgery along with my physician, Dr. Blau. I have to admit my confidence was a little rattled. I started having some serious questions since Dr. Blau was accused of spamming the site. This couldn't be further from the truth. I guess if someone posts a positive experience and a good outcome from surgery with him the forces to be at Gynecomastia.org thought it was spamming. How ridiculous.

Well on October 23, 2007 I did have my surgery with Dr. Blau and true to his reputation, he did a wonderful job on me. Everything went exactly as planned and I am now Gynecomastia free! He sensed my slight apprehension based on the drama from the previous week on the forum but that was quickly put to rest. I stayed for one week in White Plains, NY after my surgery and had several follow up visits during that week. He and his staff are true professionals. They go the extra mile with their patients. One thing my wife and I couldn't believe was that in the week we spent there the sheer number of male patients entering and exiting his office. A true testament to his reputation in this field.

It really hurt me that I couldn't post my experience on Gynecomastia.org because I really wanted to help others the way that others helped me. I miss chatting on line with former members of Gynecomastia. org including but not limited to: Baubies, NYC, Denver Guy, Connecticut guy (forgot his exact screen name), Volatile Anesthesia and many others who are living proof of Dr. Blau's reputation.

It is too bad this topic got buried behind several other posts concerning another topic completly. It really needs to stand alone because alot of others won't see it back here on page 11 of this topic!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send them to me.
    Last edited by InIndiana; February 19th, 2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: I wasn't done ranting!

MY EXPERIANCE OF GETTING GYNOCEMASTIA REMOVAL SURGURY WITH DR. BLAU

i wasn't sure i wanted to write a review of my experiance but i decided it would help others that are like me.

on january 4th this year (2008) I had gynocomastia removal surgery with Dr. Blau. I drove from philadelphia with my dad to his clinic in white plains new york, a little north of nyc. it has been roughly two months since my surgury and if i had to summerize my experiance in one sentence it would be that getting gynocemastia surgury with dr. blau was the best decision of my life.

a little background about me. I am 24 years old. 6 foot tall about 200lbs. first, i have a large ribcage which makes my chest naturally protrude, even without gyno my chest sticks out. I started developing gynocomastia around age 13 or 14. at that point i was slightly overweight for my height and age so i just thought that it was regular fat on my pecs and didn't pay much attention to it. it started to become a painful thing emotionally when i started playing basketball for my high school team and every time we played "shirts vs. skins" i always felt embarrassed and was made fun of. long story short gynemastia severly effected my emotional and social development as a teenager and into adulthood. despite being handsome and intelligent, i never had a girlfriend in highschool and my first intimate relationship was not until i was 21. socially i had a hard time fitting in because i always felt people were staring and judging me because of the appearence of my chest. I reached the pinnacle of embarrasment in shame when i went on spring break to jamaica with my college friends in my freshman year. by this point i was no longer overweight, but despite being lean my gynecomastia was very prominent, including oversized nipples with showed through any tight garment. all i remember from that break was the embarresment of having to take my shirt off at the beach.

that is how i became interested in bodybuilding, figuring shaping my chest and becoming leaner and more muscular would help make the gynocemastia look less significant. years go by, and i start to love bodybuilding. my gynecomastia still was there, but i looked better. at 23 or so, i decided to do a cycle of steroids. this actually caused my gyno to become worse, despite using anti-estrogens, and i actually developed a hard marble sized mass behind my right nipple. this devasted me, my gyno was worse then ever. I started isolating myself from social situations because it was so embarrassing to go out wearing almost anything. thight shorts which showed of the rest of my muscular and lean body where the worst because my chest protruded and the nipples were poking through. I was desperate and tried everything i could to eliminate the gyno. topical yohimbe products (lipoderm), anti estrogens (nolvadex, letrozole, a-dex), injectable yohimbe and clen combos (helios). NOTHING, nothing god rid of the gyno, not even when i was very low bodyfat with full abs showing. the fat around the pecs was gone but the gyno still was there. it was some point later that i joined MD and found dr. blau. the video was very eye-opening. it made me realize that gyno was actually breast tissue and not fat, and that normal fatloss would not remove it. i started considering gyno surgury, but i knew i really couldn't afford it. I was (and am) a college student. I work as a waiter to get by, but have no savings. after a while of contemplating, i realized that the gyno that was ruining my life wasn't going away unless i did something about it. so i started saving up. I knew from the start that i would go to dr. blau, i didn't even look for anyone else. the fact that he has worked on so many bodybuilders, the before and after pictures on his website, the endorsment of dave palumbo, etc. i knew he would be the surgen to do it. so in december i went to his office in white plains for my consultation. lets just say my first impression of dr. blau was a man of confidence. BUT I SOON LEARNED THAT THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT THEY DO TEND TO exude extreme confidence. Make no mistake, dr. blau IS the best in the world at what he does: gynecomastia removal/reduction. he looked at my chest and told me i had gyno and that he could fix it.

i saved up $3000 and put another $3000 on my credit card to have the surgury. so on january 4th this year i had the surgury done. from the time i walked into his clinic to the time i walked out.... it was not more than an hour and a half.

i had local anesthia as opposed to general in order to save and extra $500. i was awake for the entire surgury and honestly the most painful part of the surgury was the first anesthetic injection (a pinch), from then on i barely felt anything. i would say that nothing was painful, and that only the liposuction part was uncomfertable because i could feel the vibrations of the instrument. nevertheless, it was no more painful than having a cavity filled at a dentist, and it actually took only as long as a cavity filling might take, an hour. dr. blau also reduced the size of my nipples towards the end which took no time at all. so after my chest was wrapped with medical wrap (very light, not bulky or anything) and sent home. in the following days there was no pain, only itching from the wrapping. after 5 days i returned to his clinic to have the bandage and stiches removed. it took five minutes. after only 5 days my chest was already looking so much better. no swelling no bruising, just a little blood and wounds where the exision was done. i was told by the doctor to come back in two weeks. so in two weeks i returned and at this point my chest was healing very well. the cuts where reduced to almost nothing, no discoloration of the area or anything. i was very pleased. about a month passed and went to see the dr. again. at this point there was barely any visible sign of surgury. my chest looked great and i was very happy. now, a little over 2 months from my surgury, my chest is completly healed and looks totally natural, like was born that way. (the dr. said that i was healing well and fast, so it may take longer for others.) there was no sign at all that i had surgury. the pecs are perfectly contoured they way the should be, my nipples are now smaller and don't protrude through clothing. the only sign left are inter scars behind the areaola region, beneath the skin, which no one can see and are only noticable because when i touch them. the only question that remains is that is there any possibilty that the gyno may return if i decide to use steroids again. i asked the doctor and he assured me that this was almost impossible, because over 95% of the glandular breast tissue was removed.

in conclusion, as i said before: dr. blau is a genious, he is the best in the world at what he does and he knows it and it comes out in his confidence and demeanor. as far as his price.... sure it was expensive, and i still have debt on my credit card from it, but despite all this, it was worth it and possibly the best decision of my life. since the surgury, i have been almost a different person. no longer ashamed by how i look, no longer feeling that people are judging me every second. no more wearing baggy shirts to conceall the gyno and prominent nipples. i am happier and more confidend now. I hope that dr. blau takes on an apprentice and theaches him his methods because he is truly the best and it would be a shame to lose his genious when he decides to retire.
    Last edited by Dave P; March 18th, 2008 at 12:14 AM.

in regards to my experiance with dr. blau, i will answer any questions anyone has in this thread.

Bro, that was a tremendous story and well delivered. If there are others who are thinking that they want the surgery, it seems to me that he would be a GREAT attribute to helping out and getting you the help you need

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast