Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is glutamine an effective bodybuilding ergogenic?

Quote Originally Posted by natron View Post
    I know it's an amino acid, it's actions in the body are that of a sugar, much like dextrose. Science my friend, not "brotelligence".

EXACTLY as its the first amino acid the body will metabolize when in need of sugars so having it present in your system during this period is a NO BRAINER!!!!!

For those who argue very little get into my system......I dont care if only 1/10 of 1% gets in...Something is ALWAYS better than nothing...
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by natron View Post
    Yes dextrose is a sugar, glutamine is an amino acid. What you are missing is via glucogenesis, glutamine is converted into a sugar.

I don't take BCAA's, I get enough amino acids from whey isolate. Efficiency and cost effectiveness are where it's at.
    Only when the pancreas hasnt release insulin for in excess of 4 to 6 plus hours and only if the blood sugar levels have drawn on the liver causing the pancreas to secrete glucagon.

The pancreas releases either one of the two according to conditions. Once carbs are eaten, in minutes, blood sugars begin to rise and for the next several hours the pancreas will be secreting insulin as it continues to bring blood sugars to baseline of about 90 or so.

After several hours of no signalling to the pancreas for insulin its obvious carb intake has deminished and only when the liver must start making glycogen from amino acids, because it has replenished the blood stream due to usage... It will use GLUTAMINE first. It is only then the pancreas starts production of glucagon.

Those are the signalling factors. Pretty simple actually but eludes many...

Thats why a glucometer is such an invaluable tool. Its like a toy too...lol Makes things so much more intersting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Only when the pancreas hasnt release insulin for in excess of 4 to 6 plus hours and only if the blood sugar levels have drawn on the liver causing the pancreas to secrete glucagon.

The pancreas releases either one of the two according to conditions. Once carbs are eaten, in minutes, blood sugars begin to rise and for the next several hours the pancreas will be secreting insulin as it continues to bring blood sugars to baseline of about 90 or so.

After several hours of no signalling to the pancreas for insulin its obvious carb intake has deminished and only when the liver must start making glycogen from amino acids, because it has replenished the blood stream due to usage... It will use GLUTAMINE first. It is only then the pancreas starts production of glucagon.

Thats why a glucometer is such an invaluable tool. Its like a toy too...lol Makes things so much more intersting.

Like this.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

38? thats not good, someone better get some carbs!
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    38? thats not good, someone better get some carbs!
    The things I do for you guys!!!

And I'm the bad guy!....lol

Id like to conclude that when used properly this can be one of your best tools against muscle loss.....However if you glycogen load becomes so low that your body begins to catabolize amino acids to produce glycogen , specifically from the GLUTAMINE from within the muscle, then your diet is anorexic by nature and you need to take up badmitten as thats the sport that will be much more effective from your chosen diet.

Even in contest mode the cardio RESPIRATORY work should take care of most fat loss and your glycogen load should be kept at about 70 to 80% which would equate to NEVER needing to make glycogen from proteins.

I would not waste my money on glutamine, I've done it before and there are absolutley no effect what so ever on my body.
    Maybe I was a little bit more bloated when I used during the depleat and carb loading phase.
    www.sethronland.nu My Website with blog, movies and pics.

My brother used L-Glutamine, Did nothing for him BB wise. A waste of money from GNC.

If a person is already taking in large amounts of protein, especially from protein powders, glutamine powder is of little to no benefit. There have been several studies looking for any benefit and so far not a single one has shown glutamine to be of any assistance to lean mass gains. It is speculated now that it may aid in digestion, but I have not read enough in this area to be of any assistance. It may be worht looking into as glutamine in bulk amounts is reasonably cheap.

One can look at all the studies both plus and minus on anything. The bottom line: for the normal person there is no way you can measure it due to all sorts of other "life" inputs/disruptions going on when taking any supplement.

Anybody know what the preffered fuel of the small intestines are? Hint...Muscle=Glycogen... Large Intestines=Ketones..... Small Intestines=?

it's an amino acid. better than nothing, far from it's claimed effects. gave an interesting taste to the water i used to drink while working out.
    After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.

Always give me pumps and makes me feel full post workout. I used it awhile ago, i plan to get some more soon. I remember reading something about liver stress, see if i can find any articles on it later.

I prefer not to use supplements, unless the science can back up the claims of a product. Glutamine can be ingested in many forms - for various reasons. Before you begin taking any type of glutamine, just do your homework.

I wish i had read this before i got some glutamine. I was taking it post workout with my protein and dextrose.

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post

The pancreas releases either one of the two according to conditions. If you want to know how to build muscle fast for men on the right way, you must know this. Once carbs are eaten, in minutes, blood sugars begin to rise and for the next several hours the pancreas will be secreting insulin as it continues to bring blood sugars to baseline of about 90 or so.

I didn't know this.

Muscle Head

Oral glutamine would need to be consumed in 20 gram dose or glutamine peptides at 10 grams or sustamine at 10 grams.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast