Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is muscle maturity?

isnt that how all properly conditioned bodybuilders should look on stage.

i agree the longer you train the better you look. maybe thats muscle maturity.

A muscle that has adapted to the most stress is matured.

I think Mature Muscle is like the age of consent, the muscle does it's own thing now, you can't get what you want from it any more, it shapes itself regardless of your will.

..or is that Muscle Insubordination.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBB View Post
    Apparently noone in here goes hunting or has ever eaten an animal! Its not just humans who have "muscle maturity".
    Good Point!!!!
    Geriatric flesh tastes tough compared to teenagers.
    Mature muscle needs to be BBQ'd and or slow cooked over a low pit fire.
    I was married by a judge. I should of asked for a jury. -Groucho Marx

It's the reward us old guys get after slugging away for 35 years in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by psypower View Post
    but Phil Heath only has about 6 years under his belt & doesnt look much different to any of the veteran pros.. so whats it all about
    Yes, Phil appears to have "muscle maturity" equal to that of many seasoned pros when compared with some pros. That's because he's a genetically awesome bodybuilder. But, look at Phil 5 years from now and tell me what you see.

Same thing with Lee Priest. He was amazing at 21 years old. Still great now, but the difference is that almost indefinable something... muscle maturity?

I don't know, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't really know if there is anything to it or not.

Maybe its just the improvements he will make in 5years of bodybuilding rather than so called muscle maturity.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

DEXTER JACKSON!!!! Look at pics of Heath and Dexter and you can see what miscle maturity looks like

post some pic's with muscle maturity and not

Maybe its just the improvements he will make in 5years of bodybuilding rather than so called muscle maturity.
    Well, that would be muscle maturity for him. I think you've just defined it for yourself.

Muscle Maturity: The culmination of improvements a bodybuilding competitor makes over time.

type II fibers are located at the periphery of the mucles. The more you train, the more they develop allowing your muscles to get detailed and "mature"

Quote Originally Posted by jacshelb View Post
    Well, that would be muscle maturity for him. I think you've just defined it for yourself.

Muscle Maturity: The culmination of improvements a bodybuilding competitor makes over time.
    But does a bodybuilder who has muscle maturity beat a rookie all day long?

I dont think so. Phil Heath beating Gustavo is a classic example. So how much advantage does this muscle maturity give.

It seems to be a very relative term to the individual bodybuilder.

But does a bodybuilder who has muscle maturity beat a rookie all day long?

I dont think so. Phil Heath beating Gustavo is a classic example. So how much advantage does this muscle maturity give.

It seems to be a very relative term to the individual bodybuilder.
    I agree 100%. Totally relative to the individual bodybuilder. Phil Heath and Wolf are my two favorite pros right now. Amazing and relatively young guys.

^^Yeh. But i am leaning more towards Dennis Wolf. I think he will take the sandow & the next decade will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundill View Post
    type II fibers are located at the periphery of the mucles. The more you train, the more they develop allowing your muscles to get detailed and "mature"
    Where do people get this stuff? You may want to recheck your thoughts on muscle fibers.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway Power View Post
    Muscle maturity comes from a thinning of the fascia tissue surrounding the muscles allowing more separation between muscles and especially in the muscles themselves. This comes from years of training, also an older man or woman has thinner skin which allows the onion look a younger bodybuilder has trouble achieving
    By your definition those with muscle maturity could experience a tear at any moment.

The term "muscle maturity" is not a true scientific phenomena in that you don't get more detailed muscles with age necessarily. It is true that that skin thins with age to some degree and some young men will have some subcutaneous fat (i.e. "baby fat") that they might lose with age, but with the right conditioning a 25 year old's muscle will look just as "mature" as that of a 40 year old with similar conditioning.

500 dollars to anyone that can tell me what the fuck darrem charles is doing with his arms during his posing routines?????????
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast