Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is muscle maturity?

Default What is muscle maturity?

I hear Bob Chic & so many others in their commentary on bodybuilders mention muscle maturity. What does it mean & how can you tell? Is it age dependant or training years dependant?

Bro Scientist

Are you offering $500? I have maturity, um well some of the time...
    And some muscle....

Quote Originally Posted by psypower View Post
    I hear Bob Chic & so many others in their commentary on bodybuilders mention muscle maturity. What does it mean & how can you tell? Is it age dependant or training years dependant?

both. that pic owns muscle maturity.

Muscle maturity comes from a thinning of the fascia tissue surrounding the muscles allowing more separation between muscles and especially in the muscles themselves. This comes from years of training, also an older man or woman has thinner skin which allows the onion look a younger bodybuilder has trouble achieving
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway Power View Post
    Muscle maturity comes from a thinning of the fascia tissue surrounding the muscles allowing more separation between muscles and especially in the muscles themselves. This comes from years of training, also an older man or woman has thinner skin which allows the onion look a younger bodybuilder has trouble achieving
    Actually, that's pretty good. I don't know if your facts are straight, but I've definitely noticed old guys can have quite a bit of definition even when quite flabby.

Now get that money big dog! Sounds good to me

would you say toney freeman is more mature than jay cutler.

thats age vs. years of training.

do I get my $500

Personaly i think it's a bullshit term invented to try and separate a more known competitor from one relatively new to the scene. The young guy can come in looking just as good and in just as good condition as the rest, but they will inevitably not place him high enough even though he deserves it. I think It's because the judges are used to looking at a more estalished competitor and will thus place that one higher unless he comes in really off. That's when all this "muscle maturity" shit starts being tossed around.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Your definition is very debatable. According to you muscle maturity= Thin Skin. But isnt the whole point of competiting to condition yourself to have thin skin on stage. So everybody who is in tip top shape is assumed ro have muscle maturity? Is that what your saying. Please think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Loco View Post
    Personaly i think it's a bullshit term invented to try and separate a more known competitor from one relatively new to the scene. The young guy can come in looking just as good and in just as good condition as the rest, but they will inevitably not place him high enough even though he deserves it. I think It's because the judges are used to looking at a more estalished competitor and will thus place that one higher unless he comes in really off. That's when all this "muscle maturity" shit starts being tossed around.
    Arnold also retired like 27-29years old. Are the so called experts saying he never reached a level of muscle maturity.

Your definition is very debatable. According to you muscle maturity= Thin Skin. But isnt the whole point of competiting to condition yourself to have thin skin on stage. So everybody who is in tip top shape is assumed ro have muscle maturity? Is that what your saying. Please think about it.
    Come on bro, dont name the thread like this if you will not back it up.

Banned

Apparently noone in here goes hunting or has ever eaten an animal! Its not just humans who have "muscle maturity".

Come on bro, dont name the thread like this if you will not back it up.
    Oops my bad.. The thread title didnot mean this was a competition. It was given that title assuming it will be difficult for anybody to answer the question.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I bet you thought about all the whey protein you could use the money to buy. if it helps i got $500 monopoly money

Oops my bad.. The thread title didnot mean this was a competition. It was given that title assuming it will be difficult for anybody to answer the question.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I bet you thought about all the whey protein you could use the money to buy. if it helps i got $500 monopoly money
    OMG all the protein I could have hade, no problem bro

Arnold also retired like 27-29years old. Are the so called experts saying he never reached a level of muscle maturity.
    Exactly.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Muscle maturity is the condition of a particular muscle or grouping that has undergone and adapted to years of continuous hyper-atrophy and has developed accordingly

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast