Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can bodybuilders target and develop the "inner" chest?

Default Can bodybuilders target and develop the "inner" chest?

Yes it's another chest training thread. I have a week chest but I'm realy lacking a inner chest, can you help me by giving me some tips to help grow my inner chest, thanks.
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Flat barbell presses- builds the most muscle. You cannot shape muscle, only grow or shrink it. See your build right now, it will stay the same, only get bigger.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

someone starts an inner chest thread every few months, we're used to it by now.

Like youngguns said there is no way to shape a muscle; there is no such thing as inner chest, just focus on building your overall chest, that's all you can do

Hey thanks fellas
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Flat dumbbell press gives a better contraction than barbell
    Cable cross overs

Default Pick any compound chest exercise....

however much weight you can lift for ten reps......get strong enough to add 100 lbs to your ten rep max.

Wow, a greatly improved inner chest!

inner chest is hit with a wider grip on a pressing movements. depending on the part of the inner if it upper, miiddle or lower. do flyes at that angle. do the flyes that pros are doing to be able to get more weight. its like a mix of a press/ flye. where your elbows are a 70-90 degree bent. if you youtube it you'll see how Victor and Jay do it.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by chuckattude View Post
    inner chest is hit with a wider grip on a pressing movements. depending on the part of the inner if it upper, miiddle or lower. do flyes at that angle. do the flyes that pros are doing to be able to get more weight. its like a mix of a press/ flye. where your elbows are a 70-90 degree bent. if you youtube it you'll see how Victor and Jay do it.
    Worst advice I have read all year in the training section. Please do not post any advice until you at least learn basic Anatomy and Physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Worst advice I have read all year in the training section. Please do not post any advice until you at least learn basic Anatomy and Physiology.
    Foreman, what is the best way to develop my bicep peak and my lower bicep?

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post

HA...

So if there's no way to isolate individual parts of the muscle then why do more than one type of exercise? If presses hit your chest, then why would you include flyes at all? (Before I get flamed, I would like to say that I agree completely with the fact that you can't hit isolate the inner chest and everything. Reading it just made me suddenly wonder what the point of flyes are if presses do your whole chest)

I think what chuckattude may have been refering to is like a rotational bench- there a pic below. I wouldn't take to wide a grip on any press or it can wreck havoc on your shoulders, on flyes keep a good bend in the elbow and perform a hugging like movement. While you can't nessasarily shape a muscle you can add more to a certian area- for example if you wanted to bring up your upper chest the inclines would do that. If you wanted a more round appearance to your shoulder then dumbbell side laterals would show a more rounded appearance then if you did only presses. BY stressing a specific area, and giving it more attention it will grow. You have to devote it to that area though. If you were to just a do a well rounded chest routine- you'd have a well rounded chest, nothing would stand out and everything would be in proportion. Now this routine is a total chest routine but will hit the inner especially- it wont throw off your symetry. Give this routine a shot.
    Incline Dumbbell Press- 2X20(warmup)
    Incline Dumbell Press-4X8
    Roatational Flat Dumbell Bench Press- 4X10
    Incline Flyes- 2X12
    Flat Flyes- 2X12
    Cable Crossovers- 4X12-15

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Norway Power View Post
    Yes it's another chest training thread. I have a week chest but I'm realy lacking a inner chest, can you help me by giving me some tips to help grow my inner chest, thanks.

no such thing dude, only upper and lower chest because they are actual muscles. you can stimulate them each by selecting special exercises like incline and decline presses.

but what you cant do is target part of a muscle fiber like inner and outer chest. or like bicep peak.

Banned

I like/feel dumbell presses and a closer grip on the barbell for more of a inner chest feel. Of course, exagerating the contraction with mind/muscle shit. LOL, technical, I knowz

whats always has helped my whole chest develop including inner chest is dips. I like to throw dips in at the end of my workout. 3-4 sets for as many reps as possible. some people like to add wieght, but it hurts my shoulders.

do some cable crossovers and really squeeze the shit out of your pecs, and make shure to really cross your arms, you can also do some bench press with a narrow grip, pullovers or some dips, but make shure to really squeeze your pecs together

As everyone said, there is no "inner chest" muscle. Just work on the basics, using progressive overloads and the muscle will fill out... then you have to trim the grissel off to get it to jump out... that, and genetics.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast