Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can bodybuilders target and develop the "inner" chest?

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by My two cents View Post
    I logged in to put forth my two cents. After quite a lot of bench presses, et all, I developed a good outer chest but did not have any kind of muscles on my inner chest. Recently i have started excercises which target (or are supposed to target) my inner chest. the result is that, though my outer chest has remained the same size, I now have a great shaped chest with a good line across the middle.

All i would say is that thank god i did not read facts such as in this thread before i started my excercises or I would know that its impossible anbd wouldnt have achieved the results i did. Body building is 90% in the mind anyways.

I also had another remark to make. I have seen celebrities, models and actors trying to beef up. Each and everyone of them(even the ones who were skinny or fat to begin with) have a great shaped chest after their workout. Look at the shape of Will smith's chest before and now. Now i cant believe that each of these celebrities, apart from being blessed with good looks, fame and acting skills would ALL be somehow blessed with perfect genetics for a perfect shaped chest. That will be too big of a co-incidence.

So, i do beleive chest can be shaped to a large extent by everyone
    ROFL

Funniest first post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by My two cents View Post
    I logged in to put forth my two cents. After quite a lot of bench presses, et all, I developed a good outer chest but did not have any kind of muscles on my inner chest. Recently i have started excercises which target (or are supposed to target) my inner chest. the result is that, though my outer chest has remained the same size, I now have a great shaped chest with a good line across the middle.

All i would say is that thank god i did not read facts such as in this thread before i started my excercises or I would know that its impossible anbd wouldnt have achieved the results i did. Body building is 90% in the mind anyways.

I also had another remark to make. I have seen celebrities, models and actors trying to beef up. Each and everyone of them(even the ones who were skinny or fat to begin with) have a great shaped chest after their workout. Look at the shape of Will smith's chest before and now. Now i cant believe that each of these celebrities, apart from being blessed with good looks, fame and acting skills would ALL be somehow blessed with perfect genetics for a perfect shaped chest. That will be too big of a co-incidence.

So, i do beleive chest can be shaped to a large extent by everyone
    Thats the problem, people who believe shit.

Had the same problem...improved alot since i improved my muscle-mind link....exercises;close grip bench....dumbell bench with palms facing each other...seated machine press close grip...peck deck....important to note that the weight it medium to light, very hard contractions...and lower the weight until you fell the strech any lower it transfers to your shoulders...and that complete bull that you can get total development with any grip and regular benches, unless your Sergio Oliva...

so, uh... Howz do I target mai inner chest?

^^easy. Just do reverse thrust pushups while focusing only on your inner chesticles. Wear a skull cap and biker shorts if your really serious as they will cut down on wind resistance.

excellent thread...for organized time wasting. i'm thinking about one about the upper pec, and outer bi
    After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.

Spotter

If you have broad shoulders, the chest seems to take longer to fill out compared to a guy with narrower clavicles. My upper & inner chest are slowly starting to come on, but the lower chest & outerr upper chest developed first -everyone else I know with broad shoulders has this problem and I often get people with well developed chests come up to me & ask what I do to get such great shoulders - I answer very little, except that I've been swimming since I was a kid.

One thing I don't believe, though is that the build we start out with will stay the same only get bigger. If that were so, what would be the point of bodybuilding at all? If your legs overshadow your whole upper body, don't train them! The upper body will catch up & your proportions will change. If you have chicken legs but a great torso then focus mainly on legs for a few months, doing just a few sets of pushups & pullups for upper body until your legs catch up. if your bis are underdeveloped because you use a rubbish range of motion, then you drop the ego lifts and start curling properly their shape will change. If your stomach's big because of visceral fat, it will get smaller as the rest of you gets bigger because your bf percentage will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy24 View Post
    whats always has helped my whole chest develop including inner chest is dips. I like to throw dips in at the end of my workout. 3-4 sets for as many reps as possible. some people like to add wieght, but it hurts my shoulders.

I had a dream last night that I was doing dips leaning very forward and my shoulders got swole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norway Power View Post
    Yes it's another chest training thread. I have a week chest but I'm realy lacking a inner chest, can you help me by giving me some tips to help grow my inner chest, thanks.
    The two types of people I have seen with REAL inner chest development are bodybuilders on juice and skinny guys. You can really see those skinny guys with inner chest development because of low bodyfat percentage. The key is to get you percentage down and add cable flyes in addition to your presses or pec decks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345