Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When is it time to take a break and detrain?

^^^ This goes especially for if your natural.

You don't want to be in the gym for 3 hours a day! Make sure that your pushing yourself with higher weights and lower reps if your looking for size. If your looking to maintain muscle size, drop the weight slightly and up your reps. If you are truely pushing yourself, and even the strongest people have a limit, you'll be surprised that you'll be done with your liftin after an hour- hour and a half. Sticking to that mentality, there is no way that you can overtrain.

I believe in overtraining to a certain extent but i mean the human body is a incredible machine and most people have no idea what there actually capable of. Ive seen this personally from being in the military and i really believe that it is mostly mental and as you can see most people that say "oh well i have overtrained..", has also said that there nutrition/diet wasnt up to par for what they were doing and i really dont believe in the minimun of at least 7 hrs of sleep because i get on average 5 hrs of sleep on a good night and i've gained steadily over the last couple months of serious lifting of course this also depends on the individual. Even when i was in Iraq and worked 12-16 hrs and the hit the gym 1-2 i'd get maybe 4 hrs to sleep if i was lucky and i still put on about 15 pounds in 3-4 months, bench increased 55lbs and squat increased 75-80lbs!!

unfortunatly i lost most of that due to about 4 1/2- 5 months of drinking, partying, clubing, some more drinking, being lazy, military making me move, some more drinking, getting married, and American food ,oh and more drinking but who can blame me after what i went through for 8 months i fucking hate that county!!! but im back at it again no slacking this time around.

I think i had a drinking problem!

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

it depends on your genetics, training intenesity and frequency

I train H.I.T style and even with ample calories and rest I get so sore for a few days after that i can barely scratch my head right or walk straight so i need anywhere from 24-72 hours of rest before i can lift again.

jsut do what you feel is right for your body

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    This is because todays bodybuilders are so misinformed to training protocols but very in informed on anabolic use, so hard work is a thing of the past.
    Your training advice is horrible, so I don't even see why you have posted here.

You can definately overtrain. But it is not just the time in the gym. It is how much you are recovering between workouts. As far as the crying someone mentioned they are just crazy. Remember you may be a beast who eats and trains like a maniac but your potential clients would probably benefit just by getting into the gym. Don't expect them to be able to train the way you train. Try and make the gym a fun place for them that they want to come back to. You want them to feel good and come back. So take it easy and make it fun for them. Make sure they learn how to do the movements don't worry about the weight. Talk to them about eating healthy and drinking less. Remember you make money when they come back if you beat them to death they will not come back. Also coming back for more workouts gets them in better shape than one hard workout followed by a month of staying home for fear of crazy trainer making them workout to death.

Quote Originally Posted by pxcr600 View Post
    I think overtraining comes from your environment and has a lot more to do with just the training itself. As many have stated, resting and eating has a lot to do with it. However, environmental stressors also have their part. Starting a new job? Have an unstable living atmosphere? These also play a part. I supose you could group them into the "resting" category.

If you aren't able to relax at some point in time, overtraining is going to bite. I have experience overtraining, or CNS overload. Starting a new job, moving around a lot and not having a stable living environment.

I think these all play a part in overtraining.
    THATZ THE TRUTH RIGHT THERE..

Read some books and articles on exercise physiology and stress physilogy. Then go from there. Ps steroids distort the picture, its harder to overtrain on them.

DFW, Texas Mr.bell_85 and I are having a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bell_85 View Post
    unfortunatly i lost most of that due to about 4 1/2- 5 months of drinking, partying, clubing, some more drinking, being lazy, military making me move, some more drinking, getting married, and American food ,oh and more drinking but who can blame me after what i went through for 8 months i fucking hate that county!!! but im back at it again no slacking this time around.

I think i had a drinking problem!

being married.....o yea thats how u feel? thats fine ill stop cooking for ur ass

Quote Originally Posted by miss_kinesiology View Post
    being married.....o yea thats how u feel? thats fine ill stop cooking for ur ass

Haha... I see this marriage going the distance... no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_kinesiology View Post

Oh Damn!
    Up the dose, Lift the most!!!

Exclamation Take a break of one week to rest my snc?

Hello guys , it's 3 month's past i started my cutting phase and i never missed a workout in this period of the time.

Lately i have having problems sleeping and some days it really is a pain to get my ass out of the sofa.
    I am thinking to take a break this week so i can rest the snc , change workout and think about my new goals. Is this advisable?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FasTer View Post
    Hello guys , it's 3 month's past i started my cutting phase and i never missed a workout in this period of the time.

Lately i have having problems sleeping and some days it really is a pain to get my ass out of the sofa.
    I am thinking to take a break this week so i can rest the snc , change workout and think about my new goals. Is this advisable?

Thanks
    Take the break as this is a clear indication that you have taxed your cns (central nervous system).

Relax, eat, sleep and enjoy the break. You will find when you go back to the gym you will be stronger for taking the break.

I know how you feel man. My problem is that physically, I shouldn't train but mentally i just can't NOT train! i hafta force myself to take a break somethimes tho haha.

Beach Body

Quote Originally Posted by becks View Post
    Take the break as this is a clear indication that you have taxed your cns (central nervous system).

Relax, eat, sleep and enjoy the break. You will find when you go back to the gym you will be stronger for taking the break.
    Beat me to it bro.Definately need to break.You should always take a week off every few months or so anyway even if you don't feel whacked out.Does your body the world of good.You'll be much better off for it.

what do u guys think of taking a break before u go into contest prep,and if so how long?

Id say take some stimulants pre workout and grind thru the shit. I wouldnt take time off unless you have some type of tendon injuries or severe strains. Thats how I do things though. A week isnt a huge amount of time off though, and you probably wont lose too much. Its not worth it to me unless I have serious strains though. I can overcome mental burnout and lightheadeness with pure drive and adrenaline. Physical injuries are different. Shit can get torn off the bone or ruptured. As Ive done in the past. So that is the only time Id take rest time. For me personally.

KILL THAT SHIT!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast