Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are Decline Presses Better Than Incline Presses?

Declines are a weak exercise. Declines allow people to lift more than they could actually handle on flat or incline press. Its like asking is smith machine flat bench press more effective than barbell flat bench press. I think we all know the answer to that
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

See that nice house down the street? Not there..

Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    Attachment 219266there are absolutes when speaking about physiology....if not you couldnt have doctors and such....any way....i dont care about arguing with noobs who read and beleive flex magazine....i am more exp than you would think....ive been lifting off and on since 10...and studying bboing that entire time...16 years is a good long time
    Well on that chart you posted (which is anatomy and not physiology BTW) It clearly shows the pectoralis Major ie, upper chest muscle and pectoralis minor which is lower chest so......you kind of just pwned yourself bro lol..

You don't look like you've been training for 16 years by any means either so I wouldn't brag too much about that if indeed that is the case.

Plus HK has been here alot longer than you think. Def not a "noob".
    www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    Declines are a weak exercise. Declines allow people to lift more than they could actually handle on flat or incline press. Its like asking is smith machine flat bench press more effective than barbell flat bench press. I think we all know the answer to that
    Variety buddy. You cant just do falt bench all the time but I do agree that it is undoubtedly the best movement for chest period.

Providing your shoulders are G2G otherwise your better off on a machine or smith ect..
    www.IronMagLabs.com

I SAID ID STUDIED BBING FOR 16 YEARS NOT TRAINED THAT ENTIRE TIME.....AND THE CHART SAYS PEC MAJOR AND MINOR...SO YOU GUYS ARE STILL WRONG....WHAT I SAID IS TRUE...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UPPER LOWER MIDDLE INNER OUTER...THERE IS MAJOR AND MINOR THOUGH
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

I SAID ID STUDIED BBING FOR 16 YEARS NOT TRAINED THAT ENTIRE TIME.....AND THE CHART SAYS PEC MAJOR AND MINOR...SO YOU GUYS ARE STILL WRONG....WHAT I SAID IS TRUE...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UPPER LOWER MIDDLE INNER OUTER...THERE IS MAJOR AND MINOR THOUGH
    He's right.^^
    Technically there is a "lower" portion and an "upper" portion. You cannot isolate the "heads" of the pecs though. It doesn't matter if you are doing inclines, declines, flats... Your chest is going to grow how it is genetically predestined to grow. Which exercise is more safe? Well, that's a better question.

Don't get all "caps locky" with me. You know I love you. The major is upper or middle and the minor is most def lower.
    I don't give a fuck what anyone says, you go do a shit load of flies and tell me what part of your chest is sore the next day.....Your inner chest... That's what the old schoolers did back in the day. I read in one of Arnolds books that he would go and do like 10 sets of just one new exercise to see where he got the most sore so he would know what that particular movement did for him personally.

I do beleive that you can maybe not isolate but target a specific area of most any muscle group and hit that harder with certain movements.

There are no absolutes in BBing IMO.. what works for one guys sucks dick for the next guy. One guy blows up on Tren ace and test and the next guy just leans out. One guy can grow off of 500mgs of test and it takes another guy 800-1000 to see anything. You see it all the time so I gues If you are doing something that works FOR YOU keep doing it and to hell with what anyone has to say about it.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    He's right.^^
    Technically there is a "lower" portion and an "upper" portion. You cannot isolate the "heads" of the pecs though. It doesn't matter if you are doing inclines, declines, flats... Your chest is going to grow how it is genetically predestined to grow. Which exercise is more safe? Well, that's a better question.
    Shut up you sexy bitch!
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    He's right.^^
    OK.

I might be wrong BUT, the Pectoralis Minor is actually located UNDERNEATH the Pectoralis Major consists of the CLAVICULAR HEAD (upper chest) and the STERNOCOSTAL HEAD (mid lower chest).
    Name:  PectoralisSternal.gif
Views: 1670
Size:  41.2 KB
    Sternocostal

Name:  PectoralisClavicle.gif
Views: 1635
Size:  42.2 KB
    Clavicular

ELF: You're physique destroys mine, but I gym injuries older than you.
    KOS: Eat Shit. Did fucking Sexybeast hack your account or what?

And by Physiology I think you meant kinesiology and anatomy....but i'll let it sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide babe.

my point was that there is nothing in the anatomy chart that says upper and lower chest.....yes they are located above and below each other....but they are not called upper an lower chest.....there is def no middle or outer........the pectoralis insert at the sternum and stretch across to the deltoids.....and anything that has to do with your body falls under the category of human physiology.....my wife who is nurse was amazing that you guys are this stupid...i teach her stuff all the time and she is a college educated woman
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

my point was that there is nothing in the anatomy chart that says upper and lower chest.....yes they are located above and below each other....but they are not called upper an lower chest.....there is def no middle or outer........the pectoralis insert at the sternum and stretch across to the deltoids.....and anything that has to do with your body falls under the category of human physiology.....my wife who is nurse was amazing that you guys are this stupid...i teach her stuff all the time and she is a college educated woman
    You couldn't teach a monkey to throw his shit. lmfao..

Let's all bow to the advanced and elite knowledge of KOS the great BBing guru....
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Krishna View Post
    OK.

I might be wrong BUT, the Pectoralis Minor is actually located UNDERNEATH the Pectoralis Major consists of the CLAVICULAR HEAD (upper chest) and the STERNOCOSTAL HEAD (mid lower chest).
    Name:  PectoralisSternal.gif
Views: 1670
Size:  41.2 KB
    Sternocostal

Name:  PectoralisClavicle.gif
Views: 1635
Size:  42.2 KB
    Clavicular

ELF: You're physique destroys mine, but I gym injuries older than you.
    KOS: Eat Shit. Did fucking Sexybeast hack your account or what?

These are the gayest antomy pictures you could find?
    www.IronMagLabs.com

its not like im a genius or a guru....its simple....a book of anatomy does not have the term upper lower middle inner outer chest....whats the big deal?the sub forum is called mythbusting not myth promotion...im so sorry that you guys were wrong...but truth is truth
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Train more...post less.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

your treating the training forum like the pit what is your problem?
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

GeorgeForemanRules

there is no such thing as upper chest....lower chest....inner or outer chest......
    Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Hate4TheWeak View Post
    Actually there is, sorta. Your chest is a fan shaped muscle so there really are no "heads" persay but you can isolate differant parts of it like upper, inner, lower, and outer.
    ROFL

Total 1970's BS meat head myth.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by Hate4TheWeak View Post
    Yes incline bench press only actives the upper chest 5% more than flat bench.
    LMAO

Where did you get that fake fact from?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast