Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Iris Kyle

Default Iris Kyle

5 Questions with Iris Kyle
    by
    Shawn Ray
    1) You have won the Ms. International and Ms. Olympia many times over, is there anything other than that, that gets you out of bed each day?

A) Yes Shawn, you are absolutely correct, I am fortunate to have won the Ms. International and Ms Olympia my 'FAIR" share of times, and when I say "FAIR" share, I meant I earned each and every one with total passion, patient and perseverance. Besides all the hard work and the time it takes to prepare, I manage to still follow God's WILL through prayer, helping others by donating to different charities events, staying in close tides with family and friends along with managing my online Training and Nutritional business.
    Also, I have xxx amount of clients, I train in the gym. I refrain from taking on to many clients at once, due to my other obligations internationally with my sponsors PNP Nutrition. So I do experience high volume of travels through out the year in UK market hosting Training and Nutritional Seminar.
    Although most of my time is devoted in Health & Fitness Industry, I still find time to help others find their dream home, I am a real estate agent with ERA Realty, showing homes is a equal love to working out, witness my body transform beyond belief and helping others gain something they can call home, there both equally mind blowing and fulfilling to say the least.

2) What would you like to accomplish that you haven't already before your Competitive career onstage is over?

A) Shawn,Shawn,Shawn, come on now, I think most who follow the woman sport closely know the answer to this question, but to hear it from me (Iris), would "ONLY' confirm my exactly intentions. As I always said, as the Lord is my witness, my provider, protector, teacher and my leader, he has it all planned out for me. And if everything goes as plan, I would like to accomplish winning the Ms Olympia four more times, being crown the ALL-TIME best female Bodybuilder of the history of the sport. And leaving the sport on top as a "CHAMP" is something that's rarely obtainable, I'm hoping to retire due to goals being accomplished, not because my days were numbered.

3) What would you like to see happen within Women's Bodybuilding before your time is up to improve it?

A) First and foremost, I am honored to be apart of such small elite class of female athletes, a lot women take a lifetime, just trying to remain in decent shape for not only themselves, but their male companion... Now, the real issue here is the current status of women's bodybuilding. Hey Shawn a blind man can answer that question... Personally, it down right "SUCKS" in a major way. Our biggest problem is very few shows are held through out the calendar year, then the show which are held the prize money is a freak-in "JOKE" the amount of money being paid it takes that amount and some to properly prepare yourself. The killer part to all this is the promoters holding the shows are not willing to pay for any of the athletes expenses, that's three whammies in one. So NUMBER ONE issue for change is ----- "PRIZE MONEY" need to be increase TREMENDOUSLY including MORE SHOWS OFFERED.
    Another concern us women are enduring, is sponsorships, the doors opening up for the women is a thing of the past. It would have been great, if the opportunity would had permit itself, to know exactly, what it takes to be accepted by the different sponsors, by all means, I am for certain, the majority of us women, would have followed suit. Unfortunately, doors were gracefully shut in our face, without the least bit of reason (s), its sad to say but its definitely true. You have male athletes with multiple sponsorships, half of which are amateurs or others who are remotely undeservingly credible candidates. Therefore, NUMBER TWO issue for change is---- more SPONSORSHIPS offered for women athletes.

Being a professional athlete, and one of the best in the world, I would think, I could pick up any of the latest magazines and notice an article or two on me. NOPE!!!! Hell, now its seem to be a crime, to place us women athletes in the magazine. How can we survive, the no coverage epidemic? We cannot at this rate. Our only recourse, is to follow similar steps like Denise Masino, by establish our own magazine, that way we can guarantee, reasonable amount of coverage. The perfect solution the bottom line, is we need more support, I meant proper and real support, someone, somebody who actually care about the women sport. That support can start, from the people in those particular areas of decision making... It can happen, that's far from the problem. But.... the question that remains is, do the people in the organization want it to happen... Therefore, THIRD change needed is----- YEARLY MAGAZINE COVERAGE ... not just during contest season ...

Now, the improvement part of the sport, will always start by showing, us women the same respect as the other athletes. We work as hard, or harder, so it's only fair to give us women athletes their just due. We are not asking for anything, any different then what is being given to the male athletes including Figure and Fitness athletes.... Sure the prize money will always be slightly different, but the amount given today, is something we as athletes and supporters, agree is definitely despicable. I think the organization, need to take a step outside the box, allowing the public to get more involved, the more the main media are aware of us women athletes, the easier it becomes for the regular old Joe's and Jane's to accurately get custom too us.
    Just like everything else that being accepted in society, if you can remember, not so long ago, the gay community had the hardest time being accepted, kudos to them for holding their ground, by not being afraid of the aftermath... BAM!!!!! So what happen to the gay community for holding their ground? Well, after it was all said and done, the public look upon the gay community, as another part of society.
    With that being said, I think the IFBB organization need to let go, allow us women to blossom, into beautiful flourish like flowers with MUSCLES, and I guarantee, we will win the rest of the world over. Only time can bring about a change.
    Shawn, I can go on for days on ideas for improvement, I just think the "MOST" important improvement we all should practice, that goes for all mankind, is " To due on to others, as you would want others, to do on to you"
    Keeping that motto in mind everything else will take its course as it should.
    The FINAL change is---- MORE SUPPORT and REAL SUPPORT from IFBB ORGANIZATION.....

4) Tell me about the passion that drives and has sustained your Career?

A) I think we all have a purpose in life, or should I say journey, where you come to halt and say okay----- and looking for the next fix of depending on something or someone to fuel, fill, love, accept and acknowledge you, believe in you, value, appreciate and respect you. In other words, I have come to a place where I am the only one other than GOD who is TRULY responsible for initiating and controlling the outcome and destination of my own happiness. Being created with a purpose uniqueness and predestined path and future for our lives, I become aware that everything that has been programmed in my mind, heart and soul has mostly come from the families or the belief systems I grew up with. I have learned that weakness can turn into strengths, I learn that personal attacks such as prejudices, judgements, assumptions, opinions and perceptions as well as ignorance, envy, jealousy, disrespect and discrediting are truly not about ME.
    It's really about the person who is delivering the negative and toxic message, I have a choice whether to receive it or not. I take all the good and the bad, tie it together, and I establish endless will power to go through thing instead of around them which place me in the position I have currently sustained. The bottom line Shawn, I learn that trails and hardships are really training tools for growth, maturity and for the development of character.
    DON'T SWEAT the SMALL STUFF, something are not in your control, WORDS can be powerful, they can speak life to build up one another, or they can destroy. Life is a journey, but is also a "GIFT" therefore my gift from the Lord is to create your own happiness...

5) Three things you want to do in this industry that you haven't already done before you pass the torch?

A) Three things I like to do before pass the torch...

1. Open a wellness facility for men and women with low self esteem and health issues....
    2. Host mini camps nationwide for all walks of life, which reminds me, Cathy LeFrancois and me are in the midst of working out the kinks on our first mini camp to debut sometime after 2009 Olympia weekend.
    3. Promote my own Contest, with a fitness clothing line.....
    And a bonus thing is to have a book written about my history in the sport....

Thank you,
    S RAY

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Many Thanks Miss. Iris Kyle for being so honest about your feelings and sharing it with us and thanks Mr.Shawn Ray for bring it to us, and regarding question 3 here are so many women who totally agree with you and many of us are looking to help in anyway possible to help get these changes take effect, and as far as your answer to question #4 ....Life is a journey, but is also a "GIFT" therefore my gift from the Lord is to create your own happiness... so very true and once again THANK YOU.

Nobody

I am a client of Iris Kyle's for training and nutritional guidance to help me achieve my goals as an amateur bodybuilder. I believe that all Women Athletes look up to Iris as she is a true inspiration to all of us, not just as bodybuilders but to all sports. I admire her devotion to a higher power and to her family. I can say that as a client of hers, not only is she helping me achieve my goals as a bodybuilder, she is teaching me about life's lessons and offers her sincere, honest advice. There is NO bull about Iris, she tells it how it is, she doesn't sugar coat things and that is being true to yourself and to others. I can agree with her about the organization not covering female bodybuilding. you can pick up a magazine and on almost every cover is a picture of a male bodybuilder...no women?? you can thumb through the magazine and find nothing but articles written not only by men but FOR men. What is really amazing and proves Iris's point is this.......last weekend I was at a bodybuilding competition as a spectator. I was talking to a Professional Bodybuilder in the NANBF league, that is also a Trainer and Nutritionist. I was bragging and boasting about MY nutritionist and trainer Ms. Iris..........to my complete amazement he DID not know who Iris was!!!!! He could have answered any question about the Male bodybuilders, but when it comes to the women they seem to be just a side dish and never the main course. So...........KUDOS to Iris for her honest words and I truly admire her and look forward to my journey with her

I agree, out of all the women, Iris truly "Tells it like it is" no pun intended, which I love her for and she excells inspite of whether people like her look or not!
    So ur thang girl!
    S RAY

I've NEVER felt anything about women's bodybuilding UNTIL I read an article about Iris in MD mag....yes, I was that bored! From that point on, I felt in love with her knowledge of the sport! I've been reading as much as I possibly can about her and really admire her hard work, physique and honesty. Let me also say that she's one of the best spoken pros out there.

I love Iris Kyle and can only hope that everything that she answered in question 3 can come a reality. Absolutely No Disrespect To Lenda Murray but, I really do wish that Iris can beat Murray's 8 Olympia titles. I might/can consider myself one of Iris' biggest fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Twin View Post
    I've NEVER felt anything about women's bodybuilding UNTIL I read an article about Iris in MD mag....yes, I was that bored! From that point on, I felt in love with her knowledge of the sport! I've been reading as much as I possibly can about her and really admire her hard work, physique and honesty. Let me also say that she's one of the best spoken pros out there.

I love Iris Kyle and can only hope that everything that she answered in question 3 can come a reality. Absolutely No Disrespect To Lenda Murray but, I really do wish that Iris can beat Murray's 8 Olympia titles. I might/can consider myself one of Iris' biggest fans.
    and you would like her in person as well She is a very sweet woman! I had the honor of meeting her for the first time at last year's olympia!
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

[COLOR="Blue"]Can't wait to meet Iris someday myself.[/COLOR]

Dedicated Noob

Can you do another interview with Iris...I think she is great! I think it is about time for that .. I think Iris and Cathy Francois makes a great team

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

X's 2, they indeed make a good team as well as good friends.

[quote=claudiareid40;2236928]Can you do another interview with Iris...I think she is great! I think it is about time for that .. I think Iris and Cathy Francois makes a great team[/quote]

Dedicated Noob

Default IRIS AND CATHY GOT EACH OTHERS BACK

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CATHY AND IRIS TEAM UP. THAT WOULD BE THE BEST. THE ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT IRIS AND CATHY... THEY GOT EACH OTHERS BACK. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM AGAIN.

Dedicated Noob

I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN CATHY WON 1ST PLACE RECENTLY AND SHE WAS POSING WITH AN INJURY.. THATS INCREDIBLE

Womens bodybuilding won't grow when they're built bigger than men... Harsh but true.
    The growth of women in bodybuilding rests in the world of Fitness & Bikini.

If you ask me the only mainstream athletes out in the IFBB now or the only ones who have adhered to the suggestions of a better "look" are the Fbb's and the relatively new 202 division. The women used to be massive, now with the help of Iris and top FBB's they have streamlined their look.

In my opinion the 202 guys and Female bodybuilders look better than the open pro competitors. How the hell is someone going to be 5'7'' and 270 onstage and not look rediculous. Unadultered size is not a physique. So yeah your arms are 24 inches and chest is over 60in. and quads are 40in, but your waist is 40 inches aswell.

The name of the game is and should of always been the best combo of symmetry, proportions, size and defenition.

Aesthetically, the ladies and 202 guys have better and more appealing physiques than the open pro competitors and if they look better they should get paid better.
    Dream big and work hard!