Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3rd place Heavyweight at Jr. Nationals

Hey guys, the goal of this thread wasn't to bash any of the competitors. Jon Delarosa, Zin Croon, and Rafael Jaramillo are all exceptional bodybuilders and its my opinion that each one of them will become IFBB pros someday. Some of you guys are being a little harsh, it is what it is. This was my first national level show so 3rd place is cool, obviously first would have been better but didn't happen. My goal was to put myself on display and see what others thought. I'm not the type to cry about placings and you definitely won't see me talking shit about other competitors. I met each one of these guys and they are cool as hell so lets chill with the bashing. You are entitled to your opinion but like I said the goal of this thread wasn't about talking shit about others. I wanted to get a little exposure and see what others thought.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by killak32 View Post
    Hey guys, the goal of this thread wasn't to bash any of the competitors. Jon Delarosa, Zin Croon, and Rafael Jaramillo are all exceptional bodybuilders and its my opinion that each one of them will become IFBB pros someday. Some of you guys are being a little harsh, it is what it is. This was my first national level show so 3rd place is cool, obviously first would have been better but didn't happen. My goal was to put myself on display and see what others thought. I'm not the type to cry about placings and you definitely won't see me talking shit about other competitors. I met each one of these guys and they are cool as hell so lets chill with the bashing. You are entitled to your opinion but like I said the goal of this thread wasn't about talking shit about others. I wanted to get a little exposure and see what others thought.
    Welcome to MD bra! People around here can be pretty sensative! Don't let it stop you from posting! We're glad to have you here!

Nice flow to your physique, and good muscle separation and detail. More of the same and you will be unbelievable!!

sup bro, i talked to you backstage!!! you looked great!!! what show are you planning on doing next???

Keep recieving bad placings and see if you remain politically correct. The bashing should never be towards other competitors, the bashing is towards the judges.

great job kevin!!! You did AWESOME and for your first time on the national stage is a great achievement and you should be very proud!!!
    2008 Jr USA lhw winner

Quote Originally Posted by crzybreaks View Post
    sup bro, i talked to you backstage!!! you looked great!!! what show are you planning on doing next???
    Whats up bro? Good job taking overall. I wanna do Nationals but I think I'm just gonna take some time off and put on that extra muscle that the judges want. I think another solid offseason and I should be ready to compete at USA's or Nationals. Its tough to sit out but this sport is like a marathon not a sprint. What about you, what's next for you?

Hey Kev, This is Mitch. I was going to come up to the gym and congratulate you in person. But i'm not sure when your up there. So congrads bro, I'm really proud of you...You looked great!!

Quote Originally Posted by RailZ View Post
    Hey Kev, This is Mitch. I was going to come up to the gym and congratulate you in person. But i'm not sure when your up there. So congrads bro, I'm really proud of you...You looked great!!
    Thanks a lot man! I'm at the gym almost everyday except weekends from 9-8 so just come through or call and i'll get you in for a workout. What show you doing next big dog?

Thanks a lot man! I'm at the gym almost everyday except weekends from 9-8 so just come through or call and i'll get you in for a workout. What show you doing next big dog?
    Alright cool man, thx..I apperciate that. I work at eagel fitness over in florissant from Mon-Thur So I train over there on those days. But friday i live right by golds so maybe we can hit a workout or two on fridays? As far as shows, I might hit one at the end of the year, I just need to get as conidition as you!!

All you need is more back thickness, and another year of mature muscle & dense muscle. Your condition is always great..I would just hit nothing but thickness movements in your back routine, and finish off with width movements.

Keep doing ya thang..cuz whatever your doing..it's right!

Whats up bro? Good job taking overall. I wanna do Nationals but I think I'm just gonna take some time off and put on that extra muscle that the judges want. I think another solid offseason and I should be ready to compete at USA's or Nationals. Its tough to sit out but this sport is like a marathon not a sprint. What about you, what's next for you?
    im shooting for the usa's next year as a heavy. im on the same road as you as of now, put some muscle on and bring it to the stage!!! i know sitting out a year sucks but we will be that much better next year bro!! hope to see you on stage soon, you have an awesome physique!!

im shooting for the usa's next year as a heavy. im on the same road as you as of now, put some muscle on and bring it to the stage!!! i know sitting out a year sucks but we will be that much better next year bro!! hope to see you on stage soon, you have an awesome physique!!
    Yea it does suck sitting out but we both got plenty of time and I don't know about you but I'm not trying to do a show just to place in the top 5. Can't wait to compete again but until then time to grow. Also enjoy some food a little.

Bro I was there I think you could do it this year as a light heavy,. But you know whats best for you. And Kevin you looked real good I don't know if anybody said anything about color but you could've been a bit darker I had the same problem at jr usa too light. The two guys ahead of you were much darker those lights are really bright at the national shows. Of course maybe some more thickeness in back and chest but your conditioning is on point. I wouldn't change too much..That heavy class was tough I would've hated to jugde it to be honest. Congrats to both of you. And Jon you were the hands down winner of the overall!
    Holly Marie & Drew Smith

Kevin,

Hey bro what part of St.Louis are you in ??? What gym's do you train at ???

Just curious ...Im about 2 hours from nothern st.louis
    SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Quote Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
    Kevin,

Hey bro what part of St.Louis are you in ??? What gym's do you train at ???
    y
    Just curious ...Im about 2 hours from nothern st.louis

I actually manage the personal training department at a Golds Gym in Maryland Heights which is about 15 min from downtown St. Louis. I usually workout there just for the convenience. If youre ever in town then shoot me a PM and maybe we could get together to train or you could just check the place out and get a workout yourself.

CONGRATS on your 3rd place finish which is VERY impressive. You should be very proud of yourself and I'm sure you are!!!

As for working on things I'd say pretty much what most have been saying: more over all mass (that's the life long ultimate goal though right lol) aside from that, and to zero in, I'd say thicker chest, thicker/wider/more detailed back and more thigh sweep. That will all come in time....how old r u?
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    CONGRATS on your 3rd place finish which is VERY impressive. You should be very proud of yourself and I'm sure you are!!!

As for working on things I'd say pretty much what most have been saying: more over all mass (that's the life long ultimate goal though right lol) aside from that, and to zero in, I'd say thicker chest, thicker/wider/more detailed back and more thigh sweep. That will all come in time....how old r u?

Proud but never satisfied. All of those sound good. Like you said, just takes time. I'm actually 27 and been competing about 2.5 years. I feel have a little bit of time to grow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast