Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Linebacker training!!

Default Linebacker training!!

Hey!

I've played football now for 5 years and played Linebacker a LOT! But a problem of mine is the size..185cm and 90kg (200lbs)..Does anyone got a real good trainingprogram for a LB? I need the whole shablam with eating and nutrition and excersises All help is needed!!

ha, nobody wants to take the time to write out all that stuff...theres no special secret to putting on size.

Eat
    Then Eat some more, then eat until you puke....try doing this at least 5x a day.

Then sometime in between your meals get your training in.

Give your body proper workouts and then enough nutrition and rest to recover.

Stick with chicken, lean beef, fish...get a membership to sam's club/costco and buy the shit out of them all.

The guy who got me into serious weight training played Center/guard for Purdue, and to get himself "college sized" he ate almost nothing but hotdogs his entire freshman year....I wouldn't suggest taking it to those limits, but you get the picture.

ps. why isn't your strength/d-line coach have you on a training program?

agreed ^^^^

as far as training, you need to focus on low reps of heavy squats, dead lift and bench. with good form. also power cleans are the best lift to simulate tackling someone. the more you can clean, the easier it will be to de-cleat people

WestCoastAlex

Try the 5/3/1 workout or a mass gaining workout. If u are a backer make sure your doing the "big 3" as in deadlift, bench, and squat. It is known that the most important lifts for football is squat, clean, military press and bench press. So I would suggest doing a 5/3/1. Also remember football is played on a feild, make sure you are doing your agilities and feild work.

Banned

I don't like immulating anyone, but I'd make an exception to do whatever Clay Matthews is doing.

LOL

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Con Artist View Post
    I don't like immulating anyone, but I'd make an exception to do whatever Clay Matthews is doing.

LOL
    Emulating??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimsty View Post
    Emulating??
    Yeah.