Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phil has got it in the bag

Default disagree

I definitely disagree with everything you said, but it's all good man that's what makes this year's O awesome. Look at the vid of Dex and Phil standing next to each other guest posing... whew Phil blows him clean out of the water. Not flamin ya just my .02

Heath's good but let's be real-he def doesn't have it in the bag.

He looks great on his own until you put him next to somebody else, then reality sets in. Heath looks really good but the narrow clavicles are even more obvious in light of his improvements. He can continue to add mass but will start to look funny since his chest is already starting to look bunched up in some poses.

There's a vid of he and Dex training on Flex's website. Shockingly, he looked comparable but less impressive than Dex did. I kept noticing how impressive Dex's rear delts and overall size was compared to Heath and they're both dieting down to contest shape. An argument could be raised that Dex has been over dieting for the shows and is now able to get sliced at a higher bodyweight and thus look impressive enough to win. He beat Heath in the vid hands down.

Here's my prediction:

1. Dex
    2. Heath
    3. Kai
    4. Vic
    5. Jay (depending on how serious he is)
    6. Wolf (can move up but not sure he's training right-videos aren't showing killer workouts and he lost size from misguided contest prep last year)

I see Vic behind Kai for the same reasons as the AC-Vic's leg and lack of bone dryness and Kai's ability to get into super dry condition. Heath and Kai can flip-flop based on how much the judges value aesthetics and size but right now, esp. if Dex comes in with more mass and same conditioning, Dex wins the O'.

-J

Default dex vs. phil

In size, width (even side by side), in EVERY area, back included, Phil has Dexter beat. There is not ONE bodypart that is larger than Phil's. The clavicle issue is true, however even standing side by side on the video of them guest posing together Phil is bigger from calves to traps.... even his back is much thicker now and more impressive. Not exaggerating seriously Phil has him beat size wise in every single bodypart.

Phil will win this year. A hint of what's to come was displayed as he guest posed at the Dex Jackson classic. He out-muscled all the other guest posers. He even looked bigger than Jay even though Jay weighed about 20lbs more.

Default agree

Definitely agree..... however I think with MD's coverage of Kai and the momentum it might swing Kai's way. Conditioning is also a factor but definitely agree that at this point out from the O if they were lined up and a prejudging was held Phil would (or should) win....

Jim

Phil Heath

OK Ive got my tickets to the Olympia and fly out form UK in two weeks cant wait
    i have it like this
    1 Phil Heath
    2 Dexter Jackson
    3 Jay Cutler
    4 Kai Greene
    5 Victor Martinez
    6 Dennis Wolf

What you think??

Little Guy

It is too early to tell who will be Mr Olympia, this contest is run on controversies, so it isn’t always the best physique that wins, there would be a thousand things going behind the scene, I for one would love Heath to win, although I am a fan of Kai, but whatever happens this year Olympia will be filled with excitement, surprises, roll on set the warriors free.

Given the political nature of the O judging at times, I dont really like making predictions. That being said I think the top 5 will be:

1. Kai
    2. Phil
    3. Dex
    4. Victor
    5. Wolf

I dont think that there will be a complete thrashing by one or another. No one in this show will win it hands down. Any of my pics could very easily switch positions with another. I cant wait for the show.

Spotter

1.Kai
    2.Jay
    3.Phil
    4.Dex
    5.Wolf
    6.Vic(too many personal problems)
    7. Branch(the surprise of olympia)

Default somewhat agree

Fellas I have to somewhat agree and say that there are definitely too many things going on behind the scenes.... and that aside there is definitely some wicked competition this year... from what I have seen so far... minus the ever so important conditioning and the fact that I haven't seen Wolf at all... Phil is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmachak View Post
    Hands down, politics and everything else that has happened in the past aside, and conditioning aside since it is this far out... Phil Heath has got the O in the bag.

He definitely has all the goods in every aspect of judging bodybuilding over every other competitor in this years Olympia. If he doesn't come in condition, that of course will change. So conditioning (and Kai being sponsored by MD) aside.... this is Phil's year! I am a Kai fan and I respect what he has overcome blah blah blah and he IS without a doubt an awesome athlete... however Phil has him beat in every round politics aside. I don't see anyone with the goods to top either of these guys onstage this year except for an in shape and diced Victor.

This years O is gonna rock.
    I can't see anyone beating him........

Phil is a bit narrow, like Larry Scott was, but is complete. He is the one to beat. Kai is a superb poser so might upset some of the favourites. Dexter has poor calves which spoil an excellent physique. Dennis and Jay are top contenders as is Vic. Should be a great show.

Too bad there are size limits on photos because I wanted to post a larger image that I took in Melbourne in March.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a link to the larger photo. It was cropped from a 12 Mp Nikon D300 photo but the original is large enough to print a large photo for a home gym.

http://ovincez.smugmug.com/photos/64...0_GnnBA-X3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Merat View Post
    It will all come down to conditioning this year cus its such a stacked line up, who ever is ON will win, if either one of them go off just a little bit, its game over for them
    I totally agree!! and if so, it's between Dexter, Phil, Kai and Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmachak View Post
    Side by side, Phil beats Kai in the following mandatory poses:

* Front Double Biceps
    * Front Lat Spread
    * Overhead Abdominal and Thigh (kai's abs are definitely not up to par)... I am talking about the overhead ab shot, not the Kai Green turn to the side and twist a million ways shot)
    * Rear Double Biceps (Kai's waist is all fucked up here he looks way to blocky in this shot, although Kai fans will argue this one)
    * Side Tricep... game over for everyone, this is an easy pose for Phil against anyone.
    * Most Muscular... Phil absolutely kills Kai in this shot

Kai beats Phil in the following poses:

* Rear Lat Spread (again this is close, but I would give Kai the nod)
    * Side Chest

Now if Kai and Phil were to stand next each other and all you could see was their quadriceps, Kai's are superior. As far as the overall physique, there is honestly no comparison between the two as Phil absolutely dominates Kai. He is that good this year.

In this section of the forums watch Phil guest pose with Jay and Dexter. As soon as you are finished watch Kai pose on You Tube the same time out from the O. Honestly Phil kills him.

This is nothing against Kai as a person or bbr. The dude will win the O because he has the coolest story in bbing... it is seriously impressive how he has overcome so many obstacles. MD has helped Kai in so many ways, I mean seriously they have helped him out and have probably saved his career. The thing I can respect about Kai is that he didn't let it go to waste. Kai has taken this opportunity and literally has busted ass and is probably one of if not the most improved bodybuilders of his time. However, standing next to Phil in the mandatory poses he loses.

This years O is going to rock. Just the debates themselves make it all the more interesting. I can't wait to see it!!!
    Great Analysis man, i mostly agree with you. As for me i definately think that Phil beats Kai easily. He is more symmetric than kai, and this olympia is going to be about symmetry AND conditioning. That's why i think Dexter, Phil and Victor are going to be top three, Kai will definately be top five and even be top three, same goes for Dennis and Jay, although big guys like him are not what the judges are looking for...

Here's my top five, and i also think nobody has it in the bag:

1. Phil
    2. Dexter
    3. Victor
    4. Kai
    5. Dennis

I think Jay can be also a top 5, but i really don't think its going to happen, since most of the other bodybuilders in my top five beat him in the symmetry round..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast