Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phil has got it in the bag

Default Phil has got it in the bag

Hands down, politics and everything else that has happened in the past aside, and conditioning aside since it is this far out... Phil Heath has got the O in the bag.

He definitely has all the goods in every aspect of judging bodybuilding over every other competitor in this years Olympia. If he doesn't come in condition, that of course will change. So conditioning (and Kai being sponsored by MD) aside.... this is Phil's year! I am a Kai fan and I respect what he has overcome blah blah blah and he IS without a doubt an awesome athlete... however Phil has him beat in every round politics aside. I don't see anyone with the goods to top either of these guys onstage this year except for an in shape and diced Victor.

This years O is gonna rock.

Iron Addict

Yeah definitely does but I dont think they'll give it to him so soon since he's going to start a multi-year run

Default ...

I hate to say it but I agree. Kai's life story coupled with his posing and coverage by MD, etc. is tough. Both awesome bodybuilders!

Phil is an amazing specimen who looks to be created in a f**king lab! With a little bit thicker chest and back improvements, he has definitely has it! I don't think conditioning is going to be a problem for him.

maybe i think kai and vic gonna give him a run for the title
    QUITING IS NOT A OPTION!

out of all the guys on the o stage phil is the guy that is ever improving and he took a year off and made huge gains but i real wanna see kai or vic win first gonna say kai looks amazing
    Last edited by rob9439; August 11th, 2009 at 04:01 AM. Reason: spelling error

Phil cant touch Vic if Vic comes in shredded. end of story.

It will all come down to conditioning this year cus its such a stacked line up, who ever is ON will win, if either one of them go off just a little bit, its game over for them
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”- Winston Churchill

I bet clarkthashark is gonna kick all their asses!......or maybe not

Ronnie Coleman is gonna kick all their arses!!

Colemanesque

He might, but as everybody who's been watching the O' over the last several years knows, it is NEVER obvious (except when Ronnie or Dorian was king).

Phil looks about the best when veiwed alone and in condition, but it DOES change a little when he's put up against other guys.

Even Jay, if he's around 270'ish sliced (would be the first time) cangive him trouble. I know there are 1000's of Jay haters, but the fact is, Jay beat Phil last Year (Phil still looked awasome then) and Jay did not look even close to being at his best. That fact right there should tell everyone that what is going on in the judges minds may not be the same as what's going on in our minds. So, Phil will be about 5-8 lb's heavier on stage (not 20 lb's, like everyone's comments are implying) and Jay could potentially be 20 lb's heavier with better condition, on the O' stage this year.

So, do NOT be surprised if they place Jay ahead of Heath, or even as the winner.

As good as Heath is d, Kai can beat him. No, Kai's shape is not nearly as good as Phils', but he has more quality muscle all over his frame. He has more muscle maturity, which is clearly evident everywhere. He also has a MUCH better midsection as a whole, without any doubt.

His entire lower body puts Heaths's to shame and no one can deny that. Kia's Arms are awsome just like Heath's (Phil's might have a freakier appearance and much better tri's, but Kai's bi's look better in the front poses: better peak AND shape). Kai's back is bigger and more developed, if not quite as good in the shape department.

That only leaves chest and delts left. Well, Phill's chest in definbitely NOT better than Kai's; Kai's is probably slighty better. Delts, I'll give those to phill. That's not so good for Phil, to have one bodypart that is better (Delts and tri's-although biceps are debatable).

Ok, so Heath has better lines and maybe gets slightly drier, although Kai can get bone dry.

Really, if you take away Phil's arms, he is much less impressive as a bodybuilder and the judges will regognize that. Phil, other than his shape and condition, is not the best BB'r by any means, other than arms.

I will put Kai in 1st, with Jay and Phil going for second.

The real mystery will be Wolf. Will he win, NO, but if he does come in 15 lb's heavier with better condition and much fuller (which comes with more seperation), he will look 100% better than last year. He could be going for a top 3 spot if Jay and Victor come in off.

If Victor ever gets his legs back (actually, a little better than before, which will be hard) and gets shredded while maintaining maximum size, he can beat everyone. He is the only guy with awsome shape like Phil, but with the torso of a Mr. O' (A super full chest and width).

the order will be
    1. kai greene
    2. jay cutler
    3. phil heath
    4. dennis wolf
    5. victor martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Merat View Post
    It will all come down to conditioning this year cus its such a stacked line up, who ever is ON will win, if either one of them go off just a little bit, its game over for them

You got it man. Its going to be really close I think. Whoever comes with the best conditioning is going to take it.

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by tmurrr56 View Post
    the order will be
    1. kai greene
    2. jay cutler
    3. phil heath
    4. dennis wolf
    5. victor martinez
    this is downright silly as fuck
    Chase your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    this is downright silly as fuck
    ouch. whats the order you have it in then? since it appears your right and he is so wrong.

another demeaning post

Default Jay

Jay is one dude that I have looked up to for motivation for so long now.... it is amazing the debates over this years Olympia... cool though because there are so many awesome athletes. I will have to see Kai and Phil stand next to each other. I have been going back and forth and man it is tough to say for sure.

I do have to admit one thing... I train at Armbrust at times (where Phil trains) so I do have to admit I am biased...lol..... but truly these dudes are close. The work ethic is thick this year as well. I think there is a long string of dudes just puttin every second into stepping onstage.

Does anyone know if the O will be live anywhere on the net (here or bb.com)?

My prediction..... if all come in shredded

1 clarkthashark
    2 victor
    3 jay
    4 kai
    5 phil
    6 wolf

but i doubt the first one will show up shredded so he'll be bumped off

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast