Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Winner of the 2009 Mr Olympia

Quote Originally Posted by Flex Wheeler View Post
    I was there to...
    LOL i know u were im just saying.. although it was an "ouch" it was an accurate description hehe

I was there to...
    You called bullshit, gj cuz most people in the biz i'd imagine would keep their mouths shut.

This is gonna be the best Olympia ever.There is no such a champion (Haney/Dorian/Ronnie) who could claim the trophy before step on stage.There are five-six guys who can clean a shelf at home to make room for the Mr.O. trophy.Kai has his best season ever and ASC champ.Phil wasn't very far last year and he just got improved this year.Victor smoked Jay two years ago and he can do it again with anybody.Dexter will bring his usual package last year it worth a Mr.O. title.I think Jay learned the lesson in the last two years and try to bring more symmetry and details.Branch gonna be the biggest guy on stage and his place depend on his condition as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Timme View Post
    I don't understand how some of you can say that Jay will win? Jays prime was in the 01. That year he was outstanding but that is a long time ago. He is not even close now.

Phil, Dex, Vic, Kai, Dennis wipes Jays ass.
    Correct but he has placed well ever since 01 looking like shit and won two sandows looking like shit thats why its a very strong possibility he can win again.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Phil Heath because he is young and very complete! His only flaw to me is his chest gets a bit lost with his crazy arms and delts! As Shawn says the man with the least amount of flaws wins!
    If this is the case (who knows what the judges will be looking for) then I have to say that Dex wins again. His only weakness is his calves. They didn't seem to hurt him last year. I think he wins it with heath right behind him. 3rd place is gonna be close between Jay and Kai, but I really don't see Jay looking better than kai. after that who knows.

I refuse to belive the judges will give Jay another freebie. 2 years in a row they have nut hugged Jay.. his 2nd O, and last years 2nd placing. To think or even believe Jay belongs in the top 3 is nuts. But politics have done crazy things to judges minds.. probably pull some line like " He looked bigger or had more muscle" and my favorite "in the posing round he caught up in points"
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
    You called bullshit, gj cuz most people in the biz i'd imagine would keep their mouths shut.
    called bullshit on what lol that is exactly what happened lol

Dexter Jackson.

Fewest flaws, and I also heard he is even bigger then last year.

V V
    Classic physique with modern mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander_V View Post
    Dexter Jackson.

Fewest flaws, and I also heard he is even bigger then last year.

V V
    He does look very good from the photo shoot he did with Heath for Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie7879 View Post
    called bullshit on what lol that is exactly what happened lol
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z56j3TOh4b0&feature=related"]YouTube - Flex Wheeler calls B.S on Olympia 2007[/ame]

1:41

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post

Oh no you didn't... LOL

Colemanesque

If Jay comes in at his biggest and in great condition, he will win.

I would put Vic over Heath, but I have doubts abut Vic's conditioning and how his leg will look. If he's back at 100%, I can see him winning this year, but I think it's a long shot.

I don't think Heath will win. Still not enough torso thickness to match his arms, which also throws off his balance noticeably. His lack of width will be apparent when standing in this line-up.

Dexter, good possibility. If he improves his conditioning from last year and has gained 3-5 more lb's, he wins. Dexter is the most complete, flawless, symetrical BB'r ever, except for his calves.

Kai, nope. I think he will look less impressive as far as size goes if he has to stand next to an in shape Cuter or a bigger Wolf. This was a strength of his in the earlier shows, but he wasn't standing next to a bunch of in shape monsters with more height and bigger chests and delts. If Martinez was in shape he would have beaten kai at the Arnold.

Also, Kai's appearance is more of an amalgamation of bodyparts thrown together than a flowing physique. Even a competitive Cutler flows better than Kai. I don't think Kai can stand on just freaky bodparts with a comparatively sub-par chest and delts when viewed in relation to the rest of his physique. Unless he's made big improvments, he won't win.

Wolf, I wish, but probably not. My money is on Wolf to weigh 280-285 lb's shredded and just shock the hell out of everyone. He will look much bigger with improved seperation and improvments to his weak areas. He will be dominating in many ways. However, I think his weak areas will keep him out of the winner's circle.

If everyone comes in great condition, along with their speculated improvments (which is a big if), I see it like this.

1. Cutler.
    2. Dexter
    3. Martinez
    4. Heath, Kai or Wolf. It's just too hard to say.

Damn? Kai's mass at 95-100% best conditioning or Phil 10% better than last year. Vic is the darkhorse if he repeats 2007 or better. Dexter can reclaim if others fall short and he's spot on. Can Dennis Wolf rock the top 3 or does he fall off? Can Toney Freeman jump over Wolf and crack the top 5. Branch could be a top 5 party crasher. Will Melvin Anthony fall out of the top 6?

All I know is that I'll be in Vegas chillin in the condo Thu-Mon, at the Expo & O Finals and if I gonna pick a winner for The IFBB Men's O it will be Jay Cutler's... after party that is. He is the IFBB King of Vegas!
    Humapro - Protein for Humans - alrindustries.com

Oh no you didn't... LOL
    Yup, I was standing right there when you did it Flex!

At least you tell it like it is bro!
    Humapro - Protein for Humans - alrindustries.com

sounding real friendly there flex haha
    that was a bs call though...ANYWAY Vics my choice!

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Phil Heath! Next!

Nobody

kai greene if they judge on size and freak
    victor if they judge on physique

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast