Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 93

Thread: 9/11 NEVER FORGET

  1. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexMaster View Post
    I never made a joke, I posted other people's jokes...because they're funny...

    You can say it's fucked up all you want...I think it's fucked up too....but they're pretty funny, you have to admit. I already said my condolences, it was 8 years ago...get over it...
    Get over it. If you thought it was fucked up then you would have compassion to not joke about it. And no I don't have to admit it was funny. It was fucking stupid and tasteless. And your response was it was 8 years ago, get over it. I can't even begin to be angry with you. Your parents failed you. Oh well its not your fault your parents didn't teach you respect and compassion. Maybe they thought they could get another shot at raising your piece of shit ass. Well the job is done and there is no turning back, I bet they are ashamed of you. But it was their fault anyway.

  2. #70
    MD staff Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sponsored Bodybuilding Athlete
    Posts
    20,204
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Guys,
    I am going to step in here as FL of off-topic and request that you please refrain from personal attacks in this thread.

    If you are not aware of the board rules as to what is allowed out of the Pit, please review them.

    [ame="http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=48428"]Muscular Development Forum Rules :. - Muscular Development Forums[/ame]


    Thanks.

  3. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    Guys,
    I am going to step in here as FL of off-topic and request that you please refrain from personal attacks in this thread.

    If you are not aware of the board rules as to what is allowed out of the Pit, please review them.

    Muscular Development Forum Rules :. - Muscular Development Forums


    Thanks.
    I apologize to you and this board, I can't even begin to express the anger with someone who so blatantly disrespects the dead and thinks it is a joke. I have nothing else to say on the matter.

  4. #72
    Beast Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MD's Resident ManWhore
    Posts
    7,153

    Default

    im English, and i agree with swede. Yes, it was a tragedy and many people died. America has done just as bad to other countries though, they just do it behind their milatry with a 'reason' like 'needing' to go and find weapons of mass destruction.

    Americans are the most patriotic people on the planet, sometimes though, they are so patriotic for their country they are blind to what that country does to others.

  5. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SUN Diego
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    It's 9/11 again - and it was a fucking tragedy what happened to the 3,000 people that lost their lives in a horrifying and terrible display of a terrorist attack that day...

    With that being said, I've read a few things about Pearl Harbor on this thread with reference to 9/11 that just don't make logical sense.

    Japan attacked us, an unprovoked country... to end the war, we dropped a bomb, in effect killing 80,000 Japanese civilians, military, whoever... in lieu of the millions who would die from a massive ground assault. The justification? That we were attacked, they started the war, all is fair in war.

    I can dig that.

    But if you want to take a step back and look at the fuckers in the Middle East... I'm pretty sure they have declared a jihad against us for quite some time. They don't have large land armies... they don't have nuclear weapons... but they do have a bunch of zealots who will go through great lengths and planning to fuck up the USA.

    Terrorist act? Or Act of War? I guess it depends on who you ask... or from which side of the fence you are on.

  6. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SUN Diego
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    im English, and i agree with swede. Yes, it was a tragedy and many people died. America has done just as bad to other countries though, they just do it behind their milatry with a 'reason' like 'needing' to go and find weapons of mass destruction.

    Americans are the most patriotic people on the planet, sometimes though, they are so patriotic for their country they are blind to what that country does to others.
    I'm proud to be an American, I truly am. I'm proud of what America is supposed to stand for and what are supposed to be American ideals. I use the word "supposed" with purpose...

    Americans have become complacent with themselves. The hard workers in our country that had once made us a great nation are becoming fewer and further between. Instead, our country has an ever growing majority of people who feel entitled... who feel special... and who think they are better than just about everyone else in the world because of their American citizenship.

    It saddens me to see our country so self-involved, so focused on what we are entitled... all the while turning a blind eye to millions who die in Africa, 100's of thousands who die in Latin and South America... we never mention them, except in passing... our empathy seems dulled to the point we no longer care.

    I would think, that the extreme tragedy of 9/11 would serve to remind us of exactly how precious life is... it would let us see and FEEL what just about every other country deals with on an almost daily basis... fear, terror, and death of close loved ones.

    Instead... it has instilled hatred in us. Instead of opening our eyes, it closed them - and lead us to belay a tragedy upon another area of the world... interjecting our ideals and beliefs upon them... rather than being more proactive - we became reactive, out of emotion and anger.

  7. #75
    Beast Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MD's Resident ManWhore
    Posts
    7,153

    Default

    Nice post TBS.

    The thing is, I have no idea why you are so damn patriotic. (not you, Americans)

    Im English, I could be proud of my country, I could say how we won both world wars etc etc. But I dont care, I was born into this country by pure luck. I dont owe this country anything. Yes, my fellow countrymen fought and died to protect this country, my grandparents fought in the war. So what? If i was born in the states, my countrymen there would have fought to protect the country. Just like all the others.

    Like i was saying regarding patriotism...you see what you want to see. You forget the bad, forget the years of slavery...maybe because it was so long ago...just like hiroshima was...so its ok.

    But i bet you in 100 years Americans will still talk about 9/11. for some reason things always seem to be different for the states.

  8. #76
    Forum Legend UkrainianGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    57,572
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    RIP

    .. every now and then i look at the clock and see 9:11
    i always recall that day.. IT'S SAD

    THOUGHT & PRAYERS FOR THOSE FAMILIES
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

    This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

  9. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    im English, and i agree with swede. Yes, it was a tragedy and many people died. America has done just as bad to other countries though, they just do it behind their milatry with a 'reason' like 'needing' to go and find weapons of mass destruction.

    Americans are the most patriotic people on the planet, sometimes though, they are so patriotic for their country they are blind to what that country does to others.
    You have a right to your opinion atleast your not being disrespectful. the only part of your post I don't understand is the last line when you say "they are so blind to what that country does to others"

    Do you have any idea how much foreign aid and assistance we give to countries all over the world. We spend Billions and Billions of dollars trying to help people out. Tell me another country that does the same.

    We even help are enemies out. When that huge earthquake hit Iran in 2003 we airlifted hundreds of thousands of pounds of medical supplies to them.
    Wow we help are enemy when disaster strikes. Tell me another country that does that. We give Billions to Africa every year with no hope of it ever coming back to us.
    After September 11th When things were the craziest, Americans keep giving - to the tune of nearly $241 billion. Charitable donations for 2002 set a new high, rising 1 percent over 2001's total in current dollars, according to Giving USA, a report by the American Association of Fundraising Counsel's Trust for Philanthropy in Indianapolis. The estimated $240.92 billion in gifts equaled 2.3 percent of US gross domestic product.

    We give, give, and give some more but yet we are the horrible ones, we are the bad people. It doesn't add up. People love our culture, people from all over the world are lined up to get Visas to live here and be successful. Everyday the southern border of America thousands of illegal Mexicans cross into our nation. Why??? What about this place attracts so many. As of 2006, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than any other country in the world. In 2006, the number of immigrants totaled 37.5 million.

    Do you have any idea how many people that is. Let me put it in perspective.
    That is more than the population of SWEDEN, FINLAND, NORWAY, BELGIUM, AND IRELAND combined. That is how many people want to become American citizens. That figure was from 2006, so its safe to say there are millions more.

    Why would I have so much pride for my country? Everyone else seems to be doing whatever they can to get here. I am not ignorant and I don't think we are the best. There is no best. But I don't speak out of my ass I have experience I lived in Germany for three years, I have been to Iraq to Kuwait to France, to Belgium, to Mexico, to Ireland. Every country has something unique to offer but I am proud to call America home.

  10. #78
    Beast Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MD's Resident ManWhore
    Posts
    7,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJN1717 View Post
    We give, give, and give some more but yet we are the horrible ones, we are the bad people. It doesn't add up. People love our culture, people from all over the world are lined up to get Visas to live here and be successful. Everyday the southern border of America thousands of illegal Mexicans cross into our nation. Why??? What about this place attracts so many. As of 2006, the United States accepts more legal immigrants as permanent residents than any other country in the world. In 2006, the number of immigrants totaled 37.5 million.

    Do you have any idea how many people that is. Let me put it in perspective.
    That is more than the population of SWEDEN, FINLAND, NORWAY, BELGIUM, AND IRELAND combined. That is how many people want to become American citizens. That figure was from 2006, so its safe to say there are millions more.
    I cant respond to the numbers on money that your nation has given away, because i dont have the information or the time to look up the numbers.

    On your above statements, people leave poor places to go to nations with more money, in the hope to make a better life. Its no suprise so many mexicans go to america...not exactly going to board a plane to get to the UK are they?

    Also, you can not compare the USA to Belgium, Ireland, Sweden etc etc, as the USA in size is about 25 times larger that these tiny little countries you have mentioned. It takes me 5 hours to drive from one end of england to the other...how long does it take to drive from one end of america to the other??

    You take more, because your country is fucking huge and can accommodate more. its not because you are more generous than others.

  11. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    I cant respond to the numbers on money that your nation has given away, because i dont have the information or the time to look up the numbers.

    On your above statements, people leave poor places to go to nations with more money, in the hope to make a better life. Its no suprise so many mexicans go to america...not exactly going to board a plane to get to the UK are they?

    Also, you can not compare the USA to Belgium, Ireland, Sweden etc etc, as the USA in size is about 25 times larger that these tiny little countries you have mentioned. It takes me 5 hours to drive from one end of england to the other...how long does it take to drive from one end of america to the other??

    You take more, because your country is fucking huge and can accommodate more. its not because you are more generous than others.
    If the size of America is the only reason people come here then why are they not settling in the least populated areas of our country like Iowa or Wyoming or South Dakota. The reason they are not settling there is because it has nothing to do with how big this country is. People immigrate here and settle in cities that are already populated. By your rationale that would mean Austrailia and China and Russia would be accepting way more immigrants than America.
    Let me give an unreal statistic it took me a couple of times of reading it to fully understand it.
    Since World War II, more refugees have found homes in the U.S. than any other nation and more than two million refugees have arrived in the U.S. since 1980 (representing less than 1% of the entire United States population). Of the top ten countries accepting resettled refugees in 2006, the United States accepted more than twice as much as the next nine countries combined.

    TWICE as much as the next NINE COMBINED.

    Wow that statistic really shows just how bad we are. And I reread your post stating how we use our miltary to do things such as invade countries and such. When I was in Iraq there were British soldiers right next to me they were right along our side in both Iraq and Afghanistan. So either your country has the same ideals as us or you all are just a puppet for us. I would like to believe it's their ideals that made them join us. But if their ideals are reflected by yours (which I doubt they are) it just means they are puppets to us. So there are two scenarios for the British.
    1. Their ideals are like ours and you dislike us so that would mean you dislike your own country.
    2. Their ideals are not like ours but yet they do want we want. So they are puppets.

  12. #80
    Forum Legend UkrainianGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    57,572
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    My eyes were glued to CNN that morning as many - i called everyone I cared about .. and feelings and tears were shared. It was DEVASTATING!! No one is safe, it can happen everywhere...

    seize the day




    Last edited by UkrainianGuy; September 13th, 2015 at 11:51 AM.
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

    This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

  13. #81
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    23,191
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    The attacks on 9/11 were a organized military operation planned on our very own soil! This was not a tragedy it was organized MASS MURDER!

  14. #82
    Beast Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MD's Resident ManWhore
    Posts
    7,153

    Default

    CJN

    Britain is just as bad as any other powerful nation..the only difference is that I am not patriotic and can see it. I dont go around saying Britain is the best nation on the planet, like a lot of americans do.

  15. #83
    Beach Body clarkthashark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Camp Pendleton, CA originally from Idaho
    Posts
    683

    Default

    No one will challenge America and win. I'm not saying USA is the best but....we all know that it is. Everyone wants to be here and everyone wants a little piece of the pie. Anyone disagreeing is lying

  16. #84
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Take some time today to reflect on the three thousand lives lost on american soil on september 11 2001! And thank all our service men and woman who are laying down their lives for us in the middle east! My Family thanks all of you for the freedoms we enjoy today in our great country!
    I will never forget the American Government killed thousands of people by attacking our own country.

  17. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    I will never forget the American Government killed thousands of people by attacking our own country.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •