Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

The Anabolic Doc

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Anabolic Doc: Thomas Oconnor

Hey doc, once and for all could you just tell people that aspirating is necessary. I wonder why people think its not important.

Quote Originally Posted by PUMPBIG View Post
    Hey doc, once and for all could you just tell people that aspirating is necessary. I wonder why people think its not important.
    Good question. I ALWAYS aspirate but I really wonder how necessary it really is. What makes me question it's necesity is that I have never received a shot from a doc that was apirated. Flu shot and somthing I got when I had streap all were pinned and injected, no aspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuit View Post
    Good question. I ALWAYS aspirate but I really wonder how necessary it really is. What makes me question it's necesity is that I have never received a shot from a doc that was apirated. Flu shot and somthing I got when I had streap all were pinned and injected, no aspiration.
    it depends if the solution is water based. Oils can cause an oil embolism (basically a droplet of oil) that can get lodged in the vessels of the lungs and cause a fatal pulmonary embolism, If the formulation is not in oil, the danger comes from accidental injection of air into the vessel, which would cause a air embolism, and cause the same problem. Always aspirate. I been telling people all the time, i just wanted the DOC to confirm so they have someone that they trust to hear from.

Quote Originally Posted by PUMPBIG View Post
    it depends if the solution is water based. Oils can cause an oil embolism (basically a droplet of oil) that can get lodged in the vessels of the lungs and cause a fatal pulmonary embolism, If the formulation is not in oil, the danger comes from accidental injection of air into the vessel, which would cause a air embolism, and cause the same problem. Always aspirate. I been telling people all the time, i just wanted the DOC to confirm so they have someone that they trust to hear from.
    an

PUMPBIG is a smart man .. yes we aspirate the needle to see if we are in a vein.. if your in an artery... you will probably know it.. will see syringe fill with blood.. rare.. if you hit an artery ... and guys that inject in crazy placs do!! upper leg .. femoral , traps do not do this !! always butt, mid thigh arms,.. delts...

anyway let me add something really cool that I learned a few years back...injecting into a vein can cause an air or oil embolism (athough very rare) ,if really in a deep big vein, but have you ever heard of "tren cough" this is when some guys experience a real cough reaction right after injecting Tren and testosterone... this is a reaction from to much of the drug reaching the lungs !! and in certain people, and causing this reaction, scary, some of my patients thought it was an allergic reaction... not a deadly reaction, and will resolve quick--although Tren cough can last for a hours !! aspirating will not always prevent this, but if you are in a vein an see blood on aspiration, remove and re pin... can at least prevent the "cough" reaction we see from T and other AS injections...

Stay heathy and strong guys.....

gotta get in the office...

I have a lifter coming in to see me all the way from WA state !! Thanks guys for all the props..

Dr O

hi doc,

i have a question regarding 17a methyl pro-hormones. now i know the general consensus would be to go with injections because of less liver stress, but at this time id like to steer clear of that. so my question is, if you using the proper liver support supplements and doing a 5 week cycle of a mild pro-hormone (h-drol... a halodrol clone) how stressful is that on the liver and how permanent is the damage on the liver? i know it can return to normal but is it something that will effect me later in life. just curious if im worrying to much and should do a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    hi doc,

i have a question regarding 17a methyl pro-hormones. now i know the general consensus would be to go with injections because of less liver stress, but at this time id like to steer clear of that. so my question is, if you using the proper liver support supplements and doing a 5 week cycle of a mild pro-hormone (h-drol... a halodrol clone) how stressful is that on the liver and how permanent is the damage on the liver? i know it can return to normal but is it something that will effect me later in life. just curious if im worrying to much and should do a cycle.

Mike. Tough question. no one really knows how damaging pro-hormones actually are. Not too mention, the variety of these agents on the general market. as far as liver damage, as a physician I can not simply say, yes do this and dont worry, because your liver will take a hit and bounce back.. which is probably the case. And only way to know if your liver is strained, is to monitor your LFTs during this time on.... The scary thing is the over all long term health issues we see in men who have used AS over many years and its not good!!! And your "worrying" is a good thing.. dont do a cycle... A a doctor that cares for men who have used AS and are having problems, how can I tell you to "go ahead and start a cycle" that would be really stupid and calus.

Remember , what I do is care for lifters who may have used or are using AS. And I make sure they are heathy and I can taper them on to HRT with real testosterone/real PCT under my watchfull eye... and they do well. I also monitor the cardiac. renal (kidney) and liver function... I love what I do, but do not like the fact that so many men are doing great amounts of AS and are 100% in trouble.. yes, im trying to scare you!!

before you start AS, think about the long term medical issues that you will encounter

HRT for men in their 40s in really what I love to do... The AS user is a tough patient, but I will still care for these complicated patients...

Stay Heathy and Strong

Dr O

Hey Doc,

I'm a GP/Sports Med in ATL. Maybe we want to join forces, my offices are next to gyms and I do what you do to a much cmaller degree, plus I'm a lightweight bodybuilder. Maybe you want a satelite office down here where it's warm! lol

GameofInches is a fictional character and anything GameofInches says is fiction.

Doc,

A totaly hypothetical question, if a guy came to you and said he is on 500mgs Test per week for 12 weeks and is nearing the end of that cycle and wants to come off. How do you typically help him? Is it within your medical/legal scope to help him recover from the cycle using some sort of post cycle treatment (ie. nolvadex or clomid, etc.).

Thanks!
    "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Hey Doc Humanator !! hello brother!! Id love to talk to you. My partner and I are planning on expanding the Anabolic Doc and our Mens health clinic ... Give me a call and tell the staff, your a doc and we spoke on line.. business is booming big time and the future is huge so busy

later Tom

And to Gameofinches...One of the most important medical issues I address is proper and real pharmacuetical grade PCT for any man on AS!! First of all, I never give AS, I get men off AS and use PCT and HRT T to do it . What I do, can be done, and is done by many physicians in the USA. Caring for a man on AS and getting him off, and fertile and healthy is not a crime!! RX ing T in too high doses and selling these meds is dangerous and those "clinics " in the USA that do this, are being shut down by the feds... I, on the other hand, spend hours with my patients and lsiten to what is going on and because Im an Internist with years of clinical experience, I know how to protect their health!! That is what I do..

Healing people is what being a doc is all about... I have decided to apply this to a special group of men, like you and because I am a lifter, I get it !! Your GP would probably do the same, but he does not know the "gear" and what to do.. nor does he bench press over 500 lbs ... I do and my mission is to keep lifters heathy and strong...

Dr O

Behemoth

I need to figure things out Dr. Here is my situation

Ive been on consistenly approaching 9 months, Ive switched compounds numerous times over these months passed and I am not making any gains, no strength and struggling over all

I have recently beem over 2g of AAS/wk just to see how it goes and still nothing. I need to eat 6000 cal to gain any wt, otherwise i lose weight

ive gotten labs done every 2 months and everything is very normal for the amount of gear im using

Liver, kidneys, cholesterol, triglycercides, LDL are all PERFECT. HDL is slightly dropped to 26, Blood pressure is normal, IGF is normal, Estradiol is normal, Thyroid is normal. 9 months ON and nothing is in danger zone. My test levels are through the roof, yet my libido isnt extremely high, just fair.

I have values if needed, WTF is wrong with me? I cannot break 225lb, I train intensely, but i feel like ive gotten weaker lately

Some ppl on my thread had mentioned some other hormones involved, maybe being surpressed and i honestly need a break from aas and should stop. But then how do pro's who are on years back to back continue to grow, and not have to worry about these other issues?
    ive plateaued like crazy.
    Ive run through like 4 seperate cycles during these 9 months, many different compounds.

Im frustrated.

Default $1500 Retainer

Im confused on why you charge a $1500 retainer fee for HRT. Ive been on HRT for 3 years now and I go to my internal medicine doctor right here in my home town and my insurance pays for everything. I just pay my $20 co-pay.

Just wondering what the $1500 per year is for. For 5 years that would be $7500!!

What services do you offer to justify this versus a doctor that charges $0 annual fee?
    Last edited by spiderman405; February 26th, 2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: none

Hi Doc,

how much time does it take for the estrogen levels to go to baseline after the cessation of dbol? is it days or weeks? thanks

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman405 View Post
    Im confused on why you charge a $1500 retainer fee for HRT. Ive been on HRT for 3 years now and I go to my internal medicine doctor right here in my home town and my insurance pays for everything. I just pay my $20 co-pay.

Just wondering what the $1500 per year is for. For 5 years that would be $7500!!

What services do you offer to justify this versus a doctor that charges $0 annual fee?

correct me if im wrong dr, but i think he mentioned in video...they dont accept insurance and it is not hrt..its to watch over u 100% to make sure things are up to where they need to be...aka if your an aas user and such, and you remain healthy. I imagine the 1500 will allow you to be checked on a REGULAR basis and hell make his recommendations and give you what u need to ensure ur healthy is priority

a normal pcp wont do this, nor be FOR you using aas and peptides..etc
    well for me personally anyways, id prefer going to a dr like this for 1500 knowing everything will be tested, hell know what ur using and what its doing, compared to telling my dr, yah Im running a cycle..give me meds to make sure im healthy, cuz most wont do that knowingly ur on aas

Hey guys. Sorry, been away for a bit.. office is so crazy and Ive been back in the gym. I just built my own personal "underground"old school gym in my own house. bench made by the one and only Bill Crawford!! check him out, he is about to bench over 900 and we are hopeing for another 1000 lb club Bill is a personal friend and I visit him to train in his own "old school" insane gym, upstate NY!! let me tell you something!! training with guys like bill, will get anyone strong. he is unreal and a very nice , not too mention very bright man...

I am down to 198 and will bench over 500 this summer!! See my new blog on my web site for my progress its fun!!

As for the $1,500 retainer question, I have to thank Meat head for responding for me. And he hit it straight.

If you have a doc who already knows what your all about and the hard-core culture, is board certified in Internal Medicine, is on staff at a large North East medical school (UCONN) , understands the current "evidence based protocols for Testosterone management, not too mention how AS affect the body in a clinical/medical way!!!and your doc is an expert in hypertension, diabetes and abnormalities in cholesterol and affects on damaging blood vessel function and heart failure/kidney disease...

and you can access him when you want, with out having to shlepp into the office (my guys call me and email me when they have questions, and I get right back to them!!)

If your doc can do all that and can say he takes care of and trains with the strongest men on the planet.. and if your doc can bench press over 500 lbs at 45 years old, well........... dont come to me!!

So, thats what the $1,500 covers. So keep your doc. Sound like you dont need me

DBOl and E2 question... E2 will decline over weeks, but affects may last for a while, E.G. gyno and low HDL. Just check these things and have your doc check E2 and DHT and if on stable dose of T, just manage with meds.. this is becoming a protocol for a lot of docs and I have perfected it with my patients.. and I am teaching a lot of docs around the USA what to do ... Its fun

Meat head !! thank you man for the props.. you have been on for 9 mos?? and a lot of gear!! seems like the T is real, but as for what is going on???? usually, most guys in the first few years on any AS cycle, grow like mad!! So some thing is up!! It may be that your gear is bogus? but if your T is way up, we know the base T is ok?? and you should be getting real strong and big so either you are not a "responder" to AS, or there are other things going on. E.G. bogus gear, training, diet, stress or some other medical issue!! there is no way for me to say, with out spending time with you personally. And I am not trying to "sell you" into my practice... I am so busy now, I can barely keep up as it is!! thank god and thank you all the guys that call and join up every day..

There is a rare steroid induced myopathy that I see from time to time, but it usually occurs after years of AS use.. so probably not you.. But I can not give you a pure answer with out conducting a personal history, labs , and physical exam.. I spent about 3 hours with my patients the first time we get together and I am very anal about details... that is how I have become the doc to the muscle stars!!! fun

One thing I worry about you is the low HDL, 26 is not good, but that is the juice at work.. so try to come off for a while and get in good shape.. cardio etc and redo chol. panel and T E2 DHT and if you have low T, consider replace with physiologic levels!!! and recheck HDL. Low HDL will hurt the heart! 100 % for sure!!

Maybe you just need a break Bro

Stay heathy and Strong

do check my blog for my training progress and fun!! Pics and video soon

I train with the sickest men on earth !!

thanks to you guys !! I love u and thanks for training me..

I will not let you down!!!! 505 this summer at a ripped 198

Ill be ripped and ready to roll at the Arnold next week. Any one who wants to say hi, just email me and I will try to meet up with you

Ill be there thursday night at the masters figure, checking out Fern Asard kicking ass

Dr O

hey Doc,
    When guys are on TRT, and their HPTA is on the brink or already shut down for years on end...is there any health issues arising when your in a negative feedback loop state/shut down HPTA? Even when your test levels are within physiological levels, is it still a potential health risk to have your HPTA shut down, and relying soley on an oil you inject into your body? im 27 and my urologist just put me on TRT, but 50-60 years of TRT is making me pretty nervous in terms of long term health. Maybe im just paranoid, but some insight would be appreciated.
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Banned

Does taking AAS cause a enlarged heart? And if so, how harmful is this?

As for the $1,500 retainer question, I have to thank Meat head for responding for me. And he hit it straight.

If you have a doc who already knows what your all about and the hard-core culture, is board certified in Internal Medicine YES is on staff at a large North East medical school (UCONN) , understands the current "evidence based protocols for Testosterone management, not too mention how AS affect the body in a clinical/medical way!!!and your doc is an expert in hypertension, diabetes and abnormalities in cholesterol YES and affects on damaging blood vessel function and heart failure/kidney disease...AND YES.

Yes he is board ceritfied in internal medicine and yes he knows about all these things. No he is not on staff at a North East Medical school. Even better he is on staff in the Texas Medical Center one of the largest and major medical centers in the US. I am not taking a cycle but am on Testosterone replacement. There are several doctors down here that do this sort of thing and watch your cholesterol levels (good and bad) and check your heart with EKG, high blood pressure etc etc.....and they all take medical insurance.

I was just curious what the $1500 cash per year was for.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast