Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MR. Olympia A RIPOFF

Default MR. Olympia A RIPOFF

Yeah Jay looked to be at his all time best. His waist seemed to come down a little bit and he just looked great. But I can't help the fact that Branch seemed to get fucked. I think Branch deserved it over Jay, he just looked crazy. Could we say that it may be a little bit politics since no other olympian has done what jay did and it would make a hell of an olympia to have this happen? What the fuck is Kai Greene getting 4th!!! He looked like shit compared to his Arnold win. I Think Phil Heath should have come in 4th. I think he had just as good conditioning as Kai but Phils symmetry was just so much better. I think the Top 5 Should have gone like this.

1. Branch Warren
    2. Jay Cutler
    3. Dexter Jackson
    4. Phil Heath
    5. Kai Greene

It would have been nice to see Branch win, but I actually think Jay helped his placing. If Jay was off, Branch would have been compared to all the "more pleasing" physiques and they wouldn't have known where to put him, so he would have been screwed into a lower placing. I hope Branch comes in and wins the Arnold next. He deserves it.

Sorry, i can't agree with you. As much as Branch improved his back, it still lags woefully behind everything else. I think he should have gotten 3rd at BEST and that Dexter got screwed.
    "My claim to fame? I went from being obese as a child to being the most nasty ripped man in the building."

Clearly you didn't watch the show and just like typing. There is a reason the scorecard was unanimous for Jay and the Branch was within 1 point of Dexter. I am extremely happy for Branch and the fact the he did so well Saturday. He was runing about fourth place on Friday while looking great. On Saturday he looked even better and his competition softened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    Clearly you didn't watch the show and just like typing. There is a reason the scorecard was unanimous for Jay and the Branch was within 1 point of Dexter. I am extremely happy for Branch and the fact the he did so well Saturday. He was runing about fourth place on Friday while looking great. On Saturday he looked even better and his competition softened up.
    Nicely Put in so many words..

Quote Originally Posted by gettingbig View Post
    Yeah Jay looked to be at his all time best. His waist seemed to come down a little bit and he just looked great. But I can't help the fact that Branch seemed to get fucked. I think Branch deserved it over Jay, he just looked crazy. Could we say that it may be a little bit politics since no other olympian has done what jay did and it would make a hell of an olympia to have this happen? What the fuck is Kai Greene getting 4th!!! He looked like shit compared to his Arnold win. I Think Phil Heath should have come in 4th. I think he had just as good conditioning as Kai but Phils symmetry was just so much better. I think the Top 5 Should have gone like this.

1. Branch Warren
    2. Jay Cutler
    3. Dexter Jackson
    4. Phil Heath
    5. Kai Greene
    No. In this case, it wasn't politics. Jay was wider, bigger, denser...and taller. Branch had some incredible vascularity, but Jay Cutler...

Jay Cutler simply looks like Mr. Olympia. Period.
    Homo homini lupus.

Default Phil

I do know that Phil was definitely sick on Friday... you hear stuff like this but he really was out of it... man that was tough as since I'm from Colorado I was really pullin for him. Maybe he will do the Arnold next year and get some momentum for the O in 2010.

Jay and Branch were amazing. I am not a Dexter Jackson fan... not a real big fan of Kai's physique (but respect his improvements and what he has done with his physique which is amazing these past 4 years)...

It was nice to see the judges not throw Branch in 6th place. Watching right up until the end I thought they had the dude in 5th or 6th so thankfully that didn't happen... had that happened I think a lot of people would have rightfully been pissed!!!

I can say this... it is cool to see so many people support Jay and Branch and not hate on them.

Warrior8

Branch totally should have won, but they obviously played the politics shit again, I give Jay props but Branch was better, had a better waist too

If Kai came into the O looking like he did at the Arnold it would've been one hell of an O. Anyone could've won but with the way he looked yesterday he shoud not have even placed in the top 5.

Jay was on his A game. He better not take it for granted. Branch is knocking on his door along with Kai, Dennis, Victor, and Dexter. Next year will be crazy

Branch was on his hardcore game and to place second will make him that much more intense next year.

Dennis placed 16th...WOW...he will be hungry next year

Hide is young and will make improvements to his size next year

i think next year that Victor and Dennis both will bring their A Game and be fully recovered from their injuries and opening eateries.....

I can't wait for next year. This whole year has seen its ups and downs from body building and the economy that I believe next year will be its biggest year ever

The Mr O Pullup Champ from 2007 and 2008 who works for Fit Gym and trains there will return in 2010 and just might do 100 pull ups to start the O off with intensity.
    "check out our rack and come get some if your hardcore enough"
    www.fitinphilly.com

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSteel View Post
    No. In this case, it wasn't politics. Jay was wider, bigger, denser...and taller. Branch had some incredible vascularity, but Jay Cutler...

Jay Cutler simply looks like Mr. Olympia. Period.
    Yep!
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

1. Branch Warren
    2. Jay Cutler
    3. Dexter Jackson
    4. Phil Heath
    5. Kai Greene
    I would say, we all are happy that you dumb-ass is not in judge panel

Even though I said it would have been cool for Branch to win, I do believe the judges got it right. Jay had the best overall package, Branch was too massive and conditioned to be denied, and Dexter was definitely third and above all other competitors including Phil, Kai, and Victor. Dexter would have won if Jay and Branch had been off by a little, but they weren't.

Jay had the weakest back in the top six.
    His condition was better then usual but still the worst in the top six.
    His lines and flow suck. He is big but kinda soft.
    Overall I think he looks like shit.

Jay had the weakest back in the top six.
    His condition was better then usual but still the worst in the top six.
    His lines and flow suck. He is big but kinda soft.
    Overall I think he looks like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by vaidas viper View Post
    I would say, we all are happy that you dumb-ass is not in judge panel

i wouldn't be saying anything if i were you, your typing looks like how a retard would sound. YOU DUMBASS I BE GREAT JUDGE PANEL ME TIRED NOW, ME GO SLEEP SLEEP
    Last edited by gettingbig; September 27th, 2009 at 07:14 PM.

Iron Addict

i wouldn't be saying anything if i were you, your typing looks like how a retard would sound. YOU DUMBASS I BE GREAT JUDGE PANEL ME TIRED NOW, ME GO SLEEP SLEEP
    i fell out of my seat when i read this shit!!! you beat me to it.

This is a huge setup for next year, alot of questions have been raised. I think Jay won but Heath looked great saturday. Branch deserved 2nd he was shredded. How will Dex respond? Will Jay stay in the same shape? Branch got a taste of the finals can he get better? What about Wolf and Vic? Can Kai come in sharp again and how will the judges respond to his freaky (I think promising) shape? What happens if Rockel improves the same way he did over prior year? What about Big Ron and how would he look next to a shredded Kai? 2010 has potential to be a break out year for bbing. Sucks its a year away can't wait.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast