Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 592

Thread: Q and A with the "PRO MAKER" George Farah

  1. #171

    Default Shoulder pain

    Hey George,
    I have been experiencing pain in my right shoulder for 2 weeks, mainly during the pressing movements (bench press, military press,etc...). I believe I damaged the rotator cuff, probably not torn since i don t feel any pain outside the gym... Do you have any recommendations on how to heal a rotator cuff besides rest?
    Thanks in advance

  2. #172

    Default

    I have been getting in 50 grams of fiber a day without thinking that may be the problem of my constipation. Do you think I may be getting too much fiber for my 122 pound body and only drinking around 90 ounces of water? I think I may back it off to 35-40 and see how it goes.

    Do you know around how much you average on any given day aand recommend to your clients?

  3. #173
    thebeast23
    Guest

    Default

    Hey George whats your take on the Anabolic Diet? (your thoughts about it)

  4. #174
    MARCO
    Guest

    Default

    Hi GEORGE.I experimented how many carbs I have to eat in 1 day period with no protein (exatcly 24 hours) and with no activity to maitain my weight!I ate 500 grams of pasta and after 20 hours I was empty (in ketosis) this means that I burned all those 350 carbs with doing nothing all day only watching TV!And then I added 250 grams of protein from turkey and egg whites throught the day and I started gainig fat!I thought that if I add lean no fat protein I would only feed my muscles but I gain fat!Now I don`t uderstand why I gain fat-from pasta there are 1400 ENERGY calories and this is my maintence and another 1000 added calories from protein are building blocks?Do this extra 1000 calories from protein make me gain fat??What I have to do to maintain my weight feed the muscles and not gain fat-do I have to even the calories from protein and carbs to get a target 1400 calories that is for my maintence?? (I saw Ronnie Coleman video The Cost Of Redemption and there in his Offseason he ate only 200 grams of carbs and lean protein around 500 grams and I asked myself how he gain weight (fat) if he eats only 200 grams of carbs do weight training and cardio and every day fall in ketosis which means that his glycogen is empty -maybe this 500grams of protein + 200 grams of carbs make 2800 calories and that make him gain weight) am I correct???

  5. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MARCO View Post
    Hi GEORGE.I experimented how many carbs I have to eat in 1 day period with no protein (exatcly 24 hours) and with no activity to maitain my weight!I ate 500 grams of pasta and after 20 hours I was empty (in ketosis) this means that I burned all those 350 carbs with doing nothing all day only watching TV!And then I added 250 grams of protein from turkey and egg whites throught the day and I started gainig fat!I thought that if I add lean no fat protein I would only feed my muscles but I gain fat!Now I don`t uderstand why I gain fat-from pasta there are 1400 ENERGY calories and this is my maintence and another 1000 added calories from protein are building blocks?Do this extra 1000 calories from protein make me gain fat??What I have to do to maintain my weight feed the muscles and not gain fat-do I have to even the calories from protein and carbs to get a target 1400 calories that is for my maintence?? (I saw Ronnie Coleman video The Cost Of Redemption and there in his Offseason he ate only 200 grams of carbs and lean protein around 500 grams and I asked myself how he gain weight (fat) if he eats only 200 grams of carbs do weight training and cardio and every day fall in ketosis which means that his glycogen is empty -maybe this 500grams of protein + 200 grams of carbs make 2800 calories and that make him gain weight) am I correct???
    by what method were you testing to see if you were actually in ketosis?

  6. #176
    MARCO
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked!!! View Post
    by what method were you testing to see if you were actually in ketosis?
    I know when am in ketosis from the smell of my breath and from the "feeling" in my head-am soo focused then(I dieted with KETO diet on and off for 4.5 years)...and besides that I experimented how many hours it takes to burn for example 150 grams of carbs without doing any activity and from that I know exactly how many grams I can take when am training or doing any other activity in 24 hours period!But I asked GEORGE this question to see if I have to drop the carbs when I add the calories from lean protein...example drop carbs to 200 and add 200 grams of no fat protein to get target 1600 calories for my maintence!

  7. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MARCO View Post
    I know when am in ketosis from the smell of my breath and from the "feeling" in my head-am soo focused then(I dieted with KETO diet on and off for 4.5 years)...and besides that I experimented how many hours it takes to burn for example 150 grams of carbs without doing any activity and from that I know exactly how many grams I can take when am training or doing any other activity in 24 hours period!But I asked GEORGE this question to see if I have to drop the carbs when I add the calories from lean protein...example drop carbs to 200 and add 200 grams of no fat protein to get target 1600 calories for my maintence!
    Ease up tiger! Maybe you should step out of ketosis and re read my post as i simply asked how you tested to see if you were actually in ketosis. Your brologic response of the smell of your breath and the'feeling' in your head could be from anything...including smoking too much houchy! Theres no way your in ketosis on 200g CHO daily...but hey if you think you are, more power to ya! But ill let GEORGE answer this question.

    While youre at it...why dont you ask GEORGE whats his offseason and pre contest Pro/CHO/Fats are?...90% of youre posts seem to be concerning this subject

  8. #178
    MARCO
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked!!! View Post
    Ease up tiger! Maybe you should step out of ketosis and re read my post as i simply asked how you tested to see if you were actually in ketosis. Your brologic response of the smell of your breath and the'feeling' in your head could be from anything...including smoking too much houchy! Theres no way your in ketosis on 200g CHO daily...but hey if you think you are, more power to ya! But ill let GEORGE answer this question.

    While youre at it...why dont you ask GEORGE whats his offseason and pre contest Pro/CHO/Fats are?...90% of youre posts seem to be concerning this subject
    I was laughing when you said "i simply asked how you tested to see if you were actually in ketosis" -do I have to test myself to see if am in ketosis lol I know it and I only wanted to explain you but it`s useless when you say you can`t be in ketosis with 200 carbs a day loooool...you can burn this 200 carbs in an hour of high intensity training and be in ketosis immediately!
    Last edited by MARCO; December 24th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.

  9. #179

    Default

    if i do my cardio first thing in the morning on an umpty stom is it ok to take some bcaa befor i start? or will that interfer with fat burning? and the same goes for right after weight traning befor i start cardio

  10. #180

    Default

    Hey George congrats on your sucess with Branch, he was hard as nails! Do you reccomend the use of protein shakes right through the contest prep?

  11. #181

    Default NOsupplement empty stomach

    hey george

    when taking an NO supplement it says you have to take it on an empty stomach.., would it be ok iff i had my usual pre workout meal 1 hour before i take the NO supplement right before my workout?

    my pre workout meal is oats and protein powder.

    thanks.

  12. #182

    Default

    Hey George,

    What is your Blood type? and do you believe we should eat according to that book "Eat right for your blood type"?

  13. #183
    Barbarian blacktaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    "in da gym"
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronk View Post
    Hey George, it was great meeting you at the Olympia. Very personable and approachable, more pros should be like you, it gives the sport a great image.

    Quick question for you, i was just reading your new column and you were saying that for this 200 pound man, the ratio given was 50/30/20. but then when you put the actual numbers down it was 500 grams of carbs, 300 grams of protein and 89 grams of fat.I dont know if i misunderstood or it was a misprint. how is 89 grams of fat 20%....? Another thing was for the added protein during the diet you said you were adding 12-18 grams of protein and then the grams went from like 400 to 450 in two weeks.

    Sorry for all this, if its just me being confused. thanks!

    Actually, the numbers are correct. the 89g, is calculated from 4000calories multiplied by 20% which equals 800 calories. divide the 800 by 9 (9 calories = 1g of fat) which equals 88.9 grams
    NB: 4calories = 1 gram of carb and protein

  14. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MARCO View Post
    I was laughing when you said "i simply asked how you tested to see if you were actually in ketosis" -do I have to test myself to see if am in ketosis lol I know it and I only wanted to explain you but it`s useless when you say you can`t be in ketosis with 200 carbs a day loooool...you can burn this 200 carbs in an hour of high intensity training and be in ketosis immediately!
    Sorry bro...but he's right. You need to do your homework on ketogenic dieting before you consume 200gm of CHO and talk about being in ketosis. What you might be thinking of is called hypoglycemia. And yes, if you want to use a ketogenic dieting method you need to test yourself to make sure you are truly in ketosis. The only problem with your logic ("you can burn this 200 carbs in an hour of high intensity training and be in ketosis immediately!") is that to get into a good ketosis you have to deprive your body of CHO for a good 10-14 days before it really starts to make any difference. Getting into ketosis in one day, which I guarantee you are not doing, is rendered useless as soon as you consume those carbs. I'm not going to sit here and type out all the educational tidbits that you seem to be lacking but I will say that you need to spend some more time researching this subject.

  15. #185

    Default training calves every day

    george

    was wonderin if you ever had clients with stubborn calves train them every day. Just based on observation this seems like a good route. Heavy people have very muscular calves even when they lose weight(not true for quads) and they use them constantly. Also, cyclists build big calves relative to their body size. It seems like the quads have more fast twitch fibers(big quads in sprinters using atp/cp in 10sec sprints) where calves have more slow twitch. Lastly, ive never seen a need to train forearms b/c they are worked every time you lift weights and seem to grow as a result of constantly picking up heavy weights. Many times you'll see people who have done manual labor all their lives with huge forearms. Could calves be trained in a similar fashion? Would it ever be appropriate to train calves every workout?

    thanks

  16. #186

    Default

    OliMorstak, to be honest with you it is hard to tell you what to do for a bad shoulders, the only thing that I can suggest is to stay away from all of the pressing movements and try to stik to other movement trying to bring as much as you can blood to the region without having to use heavy weight and by increasing the circulation you will get better results of rehabing the injured area quiker. Good luck bro shoulders are not a good pain to have.

    boatman, you already have the answers to your problem, lower the amounts .

    Thebeast23, anabolics diet works well with natural bodybuilders but I don't personaly like it .

    goworkout, it is a very good idea to take BCAA upon rising before your AM cardio sessions and to be honest with you I add BCAA to every single meal while trying to diet down to make sure that I am preserving my hard earned muscles.

    Zenith, I personally use only fewer shakes for the pre contest.

    Mattw7, if you wait 30/45 minutes after your meal, you should be fine as long as you are
    not having hard to digest food before hand, whey protein and oats are both fine.

    Joyer, I believe and base my diets around the individual backround more then their blood type.

    T&N, I had one of the worst calves when started Bodybuilding and by training them every single workouts with higher reps it seems that they responded much better then doing lower reps heavier weight. You guest it it, it's all have to do with the slow twitch fibers.
    Last edited by gvfarah; January 3rd, 2010 at 12:54 PM.

  17. #187
    Iron Addict tiny tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the kitchen eating...
    Posts
    2,275
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Is it true you only eat 100 grams of protein a day? If so what does you calorie intake look like?

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •