Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the "PRO MAKER" George Farah

when you traind calves everyday how many total sets did you do per day

Hey George,

I am a huge fan and this question/ comment comes with no disrespect:

(The comment)
    However, I see the laundry list of people that many of "Guru(s)" including yourself, have as clients with results that are making them champions. But I never see you guys talk or post pic of nattie/ average joes who you (and the other gurus) state that you are providing service for. Why is that? Many of your readers, at least in the mags, are natties, of whom would like to see that your teachings work for everyone not just the "supplement" using folks with great genetic. Which leads me to the question.

(The Question)
    You mention very often how you take you clients who are dieting and up their carbs and they look harder and more lean. I believe in Feb. issue of MD you stated that you upped your client's carbs to +300 for contest prep. Does increasing the carbs work for natrual bodybuilders too. Clearly while increasing the carbs with a person using "supplements" they will still lean out (you proved that), but for those of us not supplementing, can we receive the similar results of leaning out while on a high carb diet?

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

george, you never answered my question #170

da goose, sorry about that . What you need to do is to ask yourself instead of asking your doc or dietician etc.. What food is sitting well with me and go from there. I have the same problem like I mentioned before so I started to figure things out by keeping a log on my food, drink, condiments etc... about the stuff and the amounts that worked with me and the stuff that it did not and I based most of my diet around my log. Good luck

tiny tim, yes you heard right but this is only for my off season to keep my kidney safe( as you already know I lost one of my kidneys 10 years ago fr a gun shit wound) and I do keep my calories pretty high relying on complex carbs and EFA and I also add 5 grams BCAA to each of my meal to make sure their is no muscles loss do to my lower intake of protein.

Conytt, if you visit my web site you will see that I do mention most of my clients from teenS to pros and the only reason that I don't mention many naturals athletes including pros that I help and still helping because they are from a different federation and I am all about NPC/IFBB. To answer your questions my naturals athlete use the same amounts of the carbs as any one else that I work with, it is just my method and I know how to get people in shape using higher carbs. Hope that this answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by gvfarah View Post
    da goose, sorry about that . What you need to do is to ask yourself instead of asking your doc or dietician etc.. What food is sitting well with me and go from there. I have the same problem like I mentioned before so I started to figure things out by keeping a log on my food, drink, condiments etc... about the stuff and the amounts that worked with me and the stuff that it did not and I based most of my diet around my log. Good luck

tiny tim, yes you heard right but this is only for my off season to keep my kidney safe( as you already know I lost one of my kidneys 10 years ago fr a gun shit wound) and I do keep my calories pretty high relying on complex carbs and EFA and I also add 5 grams BCAA to each of my meal to make sure their is no muscles loss do to my lower intake of protein.

Conytt, if you visit my web site you will see that I do mention most of my clients from teenS to pros and the only reason that I don't mention many naturals athletes including pros that I help and still helping because they are from a different federation and I am all about NPC/IFBB. To answer your questions my naturals athlete use the same amounts of the carbs as any one else that I work with, it is just my method and I know how to get people in shape using higher carbs. Hope that this answer your question.
    Yes sir, you answered my question. Thanks and once agin I hope I didn't offend u.

I look forward to picking ur brain in the near furture.

Hey George, I see you are pretty big on carbs w/all your guys. My thing is, I feel like I am carb sensitive. I dieted this past summer (Mostly w/keto and had great results) but now I've been offseason since winter got here and have been trying to bulk (am up to 190 from 165 dieted down). I eat carbs w/all my meals on training days except bed, but on my non training days I only have carbs w/meal 1 and 3, the rest just high protein and fat similar to keto. With this I've still gained weight, gotten much stronger and am holding onto some abs when flexed. SO basically I think what I'm doin is workin, but then I read a column like yours where guys are eating TONS of carbs DIETING and I just wonder if I'm missin out on growth, but at the same time I have no desire to get fat and have to work much harder to get in shape. So what do you think?
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

How do you feel, George, by doing this, can you gain muscle? Or it's just for maintaining? Can you give an example how your meal looks like when doing this?
    Thanks

Hey, Bro I tried the keto and the carb diets, and to tell the truth I have loved the carbs more. In my off season as long as I kept the bulk of my carbs clean with controlled cheat meals and no weight gainers I grew while still keeping my waist at 36". Keep in mind I am 6'4 and top out at 285lbs this was before I decided to do a show this March. But this is the leanest I have been at this size. I am using his formula for my contest prep and that was in the mag and my weight is holding well while I am leaning out. I'm still at 280 with abs and some quad separation, so I would say yes give'em a try but watch the extra cheats because that's what bites you in the end and let the mirror tell your story.

Allen,

Default keto vs carbs in off seasons

Hey, Bro I tried the keto and the carb diets, and to tell the truth I have loved the carbs more. In my off season as long as I kept the bulk of my carbs clean with controlled cheat meals and no weight gainers I grew while still keeping my waist at 36". Keep in mind I am 6'4 and top out at 285lbs this was before I decided to do a show this March. But this is the leanest I have been at this size. I am using his formula for my contest prep and that was in the mag and my weight is holding well while I am leaning out. I'm still at 280 with abs and some quad separation, so I would say yes give'em a try but watch the extra cheats because that's what bites you in the end and let the mirror tell your story.

Allen,

george do you think 27 is too old to start bodybuilding and what advice ca you give someone that wants to star bodybuilding?thanks

George, I started dieting according to your plan and I have a quick question. After doing early morning cardio on an empty stomach how long should I wait to eat? Thanks!
    P.S. It is hard freakin' work eating this many carbs.

Hey george

good to see you got a nice deal with MD congrats

chris250
    SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Default bcaa

any certain brand off bcaa with you meals that you prefer? do you also do this in your off-season? Would you suggest that I try this or do you do it just because you are working with only one kidney?
    Big fan and can't wait to try your diet tips for my next show this summer!

Great idea with the BCAA's! Thanks for answering my question.

hello george i have a question about nutrition... when calculating calories do you take into consideration the protein found in carbohydrates? for example if im eating wholemeal pasta there can be up to 20g of protein per meal and at the end of the day that all adds up and puts you way over your daily calories.... any information on this would be appreciated.

hey george,

im trying to gain alot of mass. when i have eggs do you think i should have all of them whole or should i have most white with a couple of yolks?

and also how many carbs would you recommend i have at breakfast, pre workout and post workout? i weigh 162lbs at the moment.

thanks.

Nobody

Default Losing Weight...again!

[quote=Robbie Durand;1688777]MD proudly welcomes the PRO MAKER George Farah to the MD Boards...got a question for George...post them here....

Welcome Mr. Farah

I used to weigh almost 300 of FAT POUNDS. I started weight training 3 1/2 years ago. I dropped almost 100lbs. I started to show abs. But last year I gained weight again aroung the middle.. Basically the "spare tire" syndrome. I still look good but i want to lose the fat around my abdominals. I try to eat as much real food as possible. I eat yogurt, peanuts, almonds, protein shakes, a spoonfull of rice with chiken breasts almost every day but my job hours makes it difficult to keep a regiment steady...I have a slow metabolism too

What may I do to assist in dropping the weight around my gut?

Thank you in advance!

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast