Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435

Thread: Q and A with the "PRO MAKER" George Farah

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonjvl View Post
    My question is mainly about training times and fittingtraining into my schedule. I would like to first breakdown my day so you knowwhat I am up against.
    7:00 a.m. Wake up
    7:30 a.m. Take Kids to school
    8:00 a.m. Return home and prepare for gym
    9:00 a.m. Gym
    10:00 – 10:30 a.m. Return Home (Protein Shake)
    10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Shower and prepare for work (eatmeal 1)
    You've only had one meal between 7am to 12:30pm? Ok, even George will tell you this that's a big NO NO right there!

Even George said this himself in Ireland during his seminar that right when you wake up first thing is to consume either 10g of micronized BCAA's (Branch Chain Amino Acids) or Hydrowhey (hydrolyzed whey). You should be eating every 2.5 to 3 hours no matter what.

Start the video at 4:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNgxBfWvIzE

Nobody

I am a 41 year old male who has been lifting for over 10 years. Recently, my urologist warned me of my high uric acid levels. He wants me to go on a low protein diet. As you know, this is a death sentence for my progress in the gym. I am also on a low oxylate diet to prevent the formation of calcium carbonate kidney stones. At my age I am not looking to compete but the thought of giving up lifting is terrifying. What do pros do to lower their uric acid levels naturally? I know that protein derived from milk and eggs will not elevate my uric acid levels but eggs tear up my gut. Milk is ok but how much can a guy drink? Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings George, you do great work! I read in another magazine about a nutritional protocol that the author referred to as "carb backloading." The author states that you should consume all or almost all carbs at night. In doing so, he claimed, you get big and full without adding bodyfat, or even losing bodyfat. This is due to the decreased insulin sensitivity at night, so supposedly the muscles still benefit from the high carbs, and fewer carbs will be stored as fat. The article was convincing, but I wanted to know what you think.

Also, what are your thoughts on CLA?

Nobody

Default stuck in the rut

Hey George,
    I'm reaching out to you and hoping you can help me overcome my plateau. i've been lifting weight for the past 2 years and after making some gains in the initial months, i seem to get stuck now at the same level eventhough i'm switching my routines every 6 or so weeks. my suspiscion is my diet. i'm a 50 year old man, weighs about 216 lbs with body fat of 17~18 %. been trying to eat less carbs so that i can drop some bf but to no avail. i have to admit that i don't do much cardio. i work out 5 days a week M-F(chest, shoulders and abs, legs and calves, back and abs, tri's and bi's on friday). I saw one of your posts discussing diet and training for a 200 lbs bb and was wandering how to get in touch with you to work with me on a diet and training regimen. my goal is to be in the 240lbs with 10% body fat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Nobody

Hi George, your seminars are inspiring and truly awesome! Thank you so much! I'm beginning to think you can change my life!

A little about me...I'm a 5'8, 41yr old male mesomorph currently at 187lbs and steadily building mass while being careful to stay reasonably tight. My goal is to get big, thick and hard. I plan to compete (natural) in my first show later in October. My daily macros: protein 220g carbs 170g fat 80g total calories approx. 2100. Cardio is 2-3 times a week for 25mins walking on incline treadmill. I use Sci-Vation Extend BCAAs during and after workout.

Please advise if I'm on the right track (or not) to make gains (while staying in reasonable shape).
    I have a couple of questions on post workout nutrition.

Your advice on this forum once was to stick with a fast source of protein like Hydro whey from ON and do not use any carbs... then 25/30 minutes later have some simple carbs then another 45 minutes to an hour eat a solid meal.

If I take BCAAs during and after workout, do I still need Hydro whey post workout?
    What exactly would you advise to take as the simple carb?

Do you think you can make me a pro? - That's three questions

George, my friend Lukas Osladil you ward! I leadned that at the end of preparation have allowed Lukas salt, whay did you figure the AC had a super form! What are the conditions for it to salted it to food at the end of preparation? Thanks PRO MAKER

Nobody

Hi George, I am just starting out on the road of bodybuilding at the ripe old age of 45. Curently i am 28lbs over weight and want to know should i drop the weight before trying to add muscle or add muscle then drop weight? Many Thanks.

Nobody

Default I need your help bro

Hi george im a fan from algeria
    i have 19 YEARS
    I want to add a some weight and gain muscle
    what is the best diet supplement and exercises programme
    thnx

Dedicated Noob

Mr. Farah,

I wont bother you with the basic questions everyone else is asking. What do I eat, how to I train ect. Those are valid questions but for anyone who is on here that is a beginner they need to eat good foods and train in a way that will allow them to recover quickly so they can hit it hard again. With that being said. Thank you for this opportunity to speak to you. With Kai Greene and the up and coming Mr. O contest there has been a lot of talk in the past about the one thing holding him back "besides coming in too big" is his gut. Theres been speak that its a GH gut or that because his lats come down so low into his back that it pushes his stomach forward. What are some of the techniques used to try to help control that? Would you have him wear a weight belt as much as possible to almost have a corset type of effect? Please elaborate and again thank you very much. Much respect.

-Frank

Nobody

Hey Mr. Farah! I want to start off by saying what a huge fan I am of yours. I love the Q and A's that you post in the MD magazines because they are so informative and have helped me tremendously. I am now 18 years old and being friends with the older guys in the gym who compete and bare witness to all they go through I have made the decision that I want to compete because I love every aspect of competing. Obviously I won't ask you to divulge all your secrets, but would you mind giving any advice to the beginner competitive bodybuilders like myself who genuinely want to compete and do well?

Nobody

Hello George; I was wondering what kind of cardio you use for your clients... HIIT or regular slow paced cardio?

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

George,

There has been a lot of talk about your past as a cop. Somesay you were one and there was an article where the Rochester PD stated thatyou were not, can you set the record straight on this topic?I know the Police have an incredibly hard joband im sure someone would never impersonate one and even go as far as to saythey were shot in the line of duty. Thanks

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Little Guy

Hi George, I have decided to enter my first competition and would like your input on a training split and cardio (who better to ask than the Pro Creator himself?). First of all, my training split will be looking like Mon: Legs, Tue: Chest, Wed: Back, Thu: Delts, Fri: Arms. I am thinking of adding second back workout on Saturday so I can split my back routine in two; one focusing on width and the other on thickness (also, I find myself going stir crazy after two days off). What I your opinion on this split?

Second if the training split mentioned above is all good, which days should I do cardio on? I think that Thur, Fri and Sunday would work best as Delts and Arms are smaller body parts which require less energy and Sunday being a rest day. Also, what is our opinion of cardio after a workout? I may/may not be able to do cardio in the morning due to work commitments.

Thank you in advance.

Little Guy

Hi George, I have decided to enter my first competition and would like your input on a training split and cardio (who better to ask than the Pro Maker himself?). First of all, my training split will be looking like Mon: Legs, Tue: Chest, Wed: Back, Thu: Delts, Fri: Arms. I am thinking of adding second back workout on Saturday so I can split my back routine in two; one focusing on width and the other on thickness (also, I find myself going stir crazy after two days off). What is your opinion on this split?

Second if the training split mentioned above is all good, which days should I do cardio on? I think that Thur, Fri and Sunday would work best as Delts and Arms are smaller body parts which require less energy and Sunday being a rest day. Also, what is our opinion of cardio after a workout? I may/may not be able to do cardio in the morning due to work commitments.
    Thank you in advance.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435