Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the "PRO MAKER" George Farah

Yes hopefully I will get to rest a little after Miami. I was supposed to be in London this weekend for the British Gr prix but I am going next week instead to do appearances and help one of my guys to win a show.
    Jay18 we will surprise the Aussies next year

Beach Body

Hi George
    How's it going? I was curious, what types of foods gives a hardgainer the most bang for the buck? in other wo9rds the best foods to put on size in the bulking phase?

thank you

Jeff, I always rely on high carbs, moderate protein and the good fats to add size in the off season. Go ahead and add some complex carbs and I love dry fruits and good fats like the nuts, olive oil, flaxseed oil etc... very dense in calories and that always help to add more weight and muscles on for all my hard gainer clients.

Hey George,

When cooking your meat do you use a grill or pan fry? What type of seasong would you add to your steak and type of oil when cooking?

Since you can't take alot of protein want do you do to enhance it's efficiency?

I use both grill and pan fry but I only use Pam to coat my pan and on the gril I never use oil and I use all kind of seasoning no one in particular just to
    make sure that I keep on changing the flavor .

Do to the fact that I only have one kidney, I try to keep my protein intake to a minimum. In the off season I add 5 grams of BCAA powder to each of my meals to ensure that my muscles stay healthy, full and round.

Feel free to keep the questions coming. In a few weeks I won't be able to answear any of your Q's for a long time do to my crazy scheduale.
    Last edited by gvfarah; October 19th, 2009 at 01:13 PM.

George,

Why not add extra-virgin olive oil into the pan? rather than just Pam? I see alot of IFBB pros use just Pam but why not an actual oil to put on the pan and steak over or chicken or fish or so?

Do you like to broil your meat in the oven?

Default George...

Just wanted to congratulate on your recent string of successes. Very happy for you, your family and your clients. Well deserved!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by gvfarah View Post
    Jay18 we will surprise the Aussies next year
    For sure mate!

Most people use Pam (canola oil) for cooking, because it is very tolerable by heat unlike the extra virgin olive oil, it can get destroyed by the heat and it will actually become very bad for your health. don't get me wrong, I love extra virgin olive oil and I always use it in my off season and pre contest diet but in the raw form. It provide an excellent amounts of good calories and loaded with EFA's.

Thank you Sam, I really miss the old days when we used to hang out and chat. Hope to see you soon brother.

George do you believe in having your athletes taking time off from supps in the off-season, then begin precontest with the proper contest supplements or more of a mix/match?

Bounce, I have my athletes even take off certain food! For example a lot of people out there play around with their carbs in order to get leaner etc... but most need to know that in order to get big you will also need to cycle your protein. So back to your question, yes I do make my athletes cycle their sups off and on as often as needed.

hey george,

i have been doing 2 to 3 exercises/muscle group/1 all out intense set using all high intensity techniques ( rest pause and dropsets) .... all those 2 to 3 exercises are done from different angles....
    now if i do only 1exercise/musclegroup/1all out intense set using all out intense set using high intensity techniques.....

but i have been thinking about the "all or none law" either muscle contracts or it does not we cannot isolate a part of the muscle and make it contract ......

i was wondering if i should go for the latter option to ENSURE recovery of the muscle in the quickest possible time.....after all muscle building is all about recovering from your work outs.....

please let me know what wud be a better option?

wud really appreciate
    thank you
    Mike Arnold coaching/contest prep: mikearnold2010@live.com

dr intensity, it's really hard to determined what work for you as your workouts go without being you . what I mean is that workouts that you have mentioned, can effect every one of us in a totally different way/results. So it's really up to you to determined witch one work better for you. Give each one a trial and make sure to do it for at least 4 weeks so you can be 100% positive in finding out what really do work for you and only you . Sorry if I could not help, I need to be honest because what work for me it's not necessary going to work for you or Branch . Take care and good luck.

George,

I'd like to ask you about training if you don't mind. I know back in the 80's in Arnold day's those people used to train for volume with alot of sets (6sets per exercise) and were in gym for 2-3 hours, 2 sessions a day. Now generally alot of pros just train for 50-60min max if not just 15 min over 1 hour. What's your opinion on this do you agree with just going to the gym and busting your butt for just 1 hour maximum and go home? regardless if abs or calves are needed to be done? or cardio?

And also when training do you suggest your clients ( Pros ) to train just one muscle group per week? or how did Branch training split look like

Thank you

Bostonian living in Plano, TX - Go Red Sox!

George,

It was nice meeting you at Team U this year. (You freaked me out when you started conversing in Armenian that was great!). Congrats on all of your accomplishments,

Continued success -
    Michael

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast