Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the "PRO MAKER" George Farah

Hey George, it was great meeting you at the Olympia. Very personable and approachable, more pros should be like you, it gives the sport a great image.

Quick question for you, i was just reading your new column and you were saying that for this 200 pound man, the ratio given was 50/30/20. but then when you put the actual numbers down it was 500 grams of carbs, 300 grams of protein and 89 grams of fat.I dont know if i misunderstood or it was a misprint. how is 89 grams of fat 20%....? Another thing was for the added protein during the diet you said you were adding 12-18 grams of protein and then the grams went from like 400 to 450 in two weeks.

Sorry for all this, if its just me being confused. thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This may seem a little off topic from all these training questions, but my boyfriend is an aspiring bodybuilder, he trains 4 nights a week and is improving everyday. I would like to know, from your perspective, how i can help him out and be supportive because i'm new to this scene. Good luck with the future. Cheers. xo

Emotionally is the best way to support him. If he is stable emotionally bodybuilding is alot easier. Also look for all the help you can for him. like hooking him up with as many seasoned bodybuilders as you can.

Thumbs up thanx from INDIA

GUYS,
    GEORGE WAS HERE IN INDIA... AND I MUST TELL YOU THAT HE HAS CREATED A DEEP INSPIRING IMPACT ON THE FANS OF BODYBUILDING OUT HERE.
    THANX A TON FOR EVERYTHING GEORGE

Question

George,

Do you think body builders should eat every two, three hours??

I have kind of low appetite, so what do you think?

Also, my arms are lagging behind, so do you recomaned to train them on there own day?

Hi this is one for the ladies, I train with my husband, on and off season, Do you think that as a woman I need to train drasticly different to my husband. (I recognise my weak points and train those with priority)
    What I meen is do I nead to do more or less sets, and do more or less cardio during prep.
    currently I'm training my body 3 days a week @ 3 sets and 8 reps per exercise.

Spotter

Default question

what about if you had someone with alot of bf to lose before a show how would you set it up.

Default Water Manipulation for contest prep

First and foremost congrats on all your success with "ALL" you clients! It definitely shows how much you care for your athletes and how knowledgable you are in your craft.

I was curious to know some of your water manipulation techniques for the last week or two leading up to a show! Do you keep your / your clients water intake up to about 2 gallons and slowly lower ? Or due you usuallly keep it at moderate levels and just sip the day of the show? With that being said due you add in potassium or supps to assist in eliminating any water?

Maul

couple of questions on your article in this months MD. it is a phenominal column by the way. its awesome you laid out a specific plan for beginners to follow and experiment with.

-what supplements do you recommend pre contest and when?

- do recommend tapering carbs down as the day progresses or just splitting them evenly throughout all meals?

- 6 or 7 meals a day?

- what type of foods are suggested on the cheat day and how would it go for example?

- you suggest in the article a split of 50/30/20 but above you suggest starting at 60/30/10.....???????

- what type of volume is suggested on a daily allowance of such high carbs?

- do you count the proteins in incomplete sources and likewise do you count the carbs in your vegetable sources?

- and lastly do you suggest adding in any fats anywhere or just getting what is found naturally in the proteins?

thanks george. sorry to be such a pain. im 20 weeks out from my show now and am going to use your methods to prepare.
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

George, my first show is one year away exactly. How lean do I need to be realistically to compete on the amateur level?

Also, know of any splits that would allow me to bring up my arms, while still giving them 5 days to rest or so I can keep my bench strength up?
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Many questions to answer while still jet legged . I will do my best.
    Skrapiron, the best way to go by it is to stay lean year around by controlling your food portions and to include some type of cardio in the off season. The reason my clients eat lots of carbs and do so little of cardio because I work with them in the off season to keep them in a decent shape so when we start the contest prep, we don't have to make them suffer. Enhancements or not, you still need to do your home work year around in order to be in the winners circle. I have helped many natural bodybuilders with a great results.

Jack, no need to be to concerned with your glycogen if you are looking to burn fat. what I'm trying to say in the off season you will need to replenish your glycogen as fast as you can to be able to replace what you have lost in your workouts. In the pre contest diet, your main concerns should be on how to stop the catabolism and the best way to do that is by taking before and after your workout a fast source of protein that it is high in BCAA, you can do isolate whey or better yet use the best and the fastest protein that ever hit the market Hydro whey by Optimum nutrition.

bronk, thank you for your kind words and it was a pleasure meeting you. I think the article have a few misprint but do follow the method and fix the numbers, sorry about that .

Cas-joan, Mike answer this one perfectly. You just need to be there for your BF and support him mentally/physically/ emotionally and things will be great for the both of you .

ritz, all that I can say that I really did fall in love with India! What a great country and the best people that I have ever met. I promise you that I will be making many more visits.

almard, if you are planning on being a suxcefull body builder then eating every 2 to 3 hours is a must. Your amino acids pool should always be ready for your muscles to get the proper recovery and to rebuild.
    *It will be a good idea to give your arms a day to work them out separately especially if they're lagging.

minimouse, many woman make the mistake of being afraid that if they workout as long or as heavy as the man they are to get big. Mistake go ahead and push yourself as much as you can, guys have testosterone and the heavy they push the bigger they get woman on the other hand have very low test level and the more they push the better they will look and get toner and smaller, trust me.

tornquad2, the fatter they are the more carbs that i will give them at the beginning to spike their metabolism and go from there.

Maul192, thank you for your kind words. When it comes to water manipulation, everyone is different but most of my clients I usually keep their water high and just lower their sodium intake and the more they drink the dryer they get.

lilarnold, you will need to hire me as your coach to answer all of your questions . Really, if you want me to answer a question, make sure to ask one at the time or 2 at the most. I stick with the important supplements and save my money and here they are: Good Protein, Vitamins, BCAA and Glutamine. Thanks

Nothman69, to be honest with you, if I was your coach, i will not let you walk on any stage if you are not shredded but that is of course the way i do things . I will suggest to do your triceps with your back and biceps with your chest. That way you will insure not to train them more then once a week so they can recover and grow.

i just want to say george is one of my most favorite people on the planet! he is the reason i have my pro card and made the gains i have made in last 4 years. no one will ever reget hiring this man..he is simply the best.

xoxo
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Thanks T, for your kind words and I am glad to be part of your journey.

Was up George,

I love your column in md. Thanks for helping all us guys out with your knowledge. Got 2 questions about your pre contest game plan for you.

My weight 200lbs about 10%bf med metabolism (15)

50/30/20 came out to be 375g carbs, 225g protien, and 66g fat

1) How many meals per day do you suggest?

2) How would you split the macro's up for those meals? For example more carbs for breakfast than in the middle of the day, and more carbs post workout etc.

Thanks for your help

Hey George,

im glad you got your own column in MD...Congrats..I wish you the best...See ya at Nats

chris genkinger
    SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

Oh thanks george. knew there was something fishy about the numbers..

Im still curious to your exact dieting methods.

You are bringing everyone in such goof shape, while decreasing cardio and upping the carbs... doesnt really make sense to me, how are people getting leaner...

Spotter

Hey George,

First off, I want to congratulate you on your success so far. Great work. My question for you is what's your take on putting about 20-30 grams of BCAA's in a jug of water and drinking it throughout the day? The BCAA's also have glutamine and vitamin c added to it as well. Do you think it's a good idea to drink it throughout the day in a water jug or just take it at certain times of the day? Thanks.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast