Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the "PRO MAKER" George Farah

Default PRECONTEST CALORIES

Hey George. For a 200 lb bodybuilder 5' 6" at around 12% bodyfat.(mesomorph bodytype)....average what caloric intake would you start them out at?

3000? 3500?

thanks

Default Flying to a competition

George what are some good ways to fight off water retention when flying to a show? I would also like to find out about working with you for my next show should I contact you through your site?
    Dave

What is your opinion on Waxy Maize? I have an unopened container of it. Can I utilze it in my offseason post workout shake? or is it a waste in your opinion? I hate to toss anything I can utilize efficiently in my offseason. 1 scoop accord to the label is equivalent to 160 calories, 39g carbs, o fat and .05g sugar. Thanks
    yea I can back it up!

Default contest

Hi! George how much do u charge for your contest prep.?
    How far out do you prepare for a show?

hey george,
    i am a carb sensitive type tend to gain fat when on high carbs

after being on keto diet i just dont feel like being on carbs.... me being 195 pounds around 10 percent bodyfat.....need 3500 calories to grow..... so instead of going for the ideal ratios of pro/fat/ carbs ..... i thought of twisting this " ideal ratio"

to 2 grams of pro x 195 = 390 to 400 grams of protien=1600 cal
    0.75 grams of fat x 195= 145 to 150 grams of fat= 1350 cal
    0.6 grams of carb x 195= 120 to 130 grams of carb= 500 cal( cosuming those carbs only preworkout post workout and breakfast)

in my opinion insulin is the main fat storage hormone and by cosuming less insulinogenic food i can be relatively leaner than if i had consumed more carbs.....
    and its the calories that make you gain or loose wt so overall i am cosuming the required amount of caloreis required for the growth.....

and at the same time fat wud show the same protien sparing effect as that shown by the carbs....... i do understand that the carbs are required for those high intensity workouts but then wont those 120 grams of carbs do the needful....

wud really appreciate your advice

thank you
    Mike Arnold coaching/contest prep: mikearnold2010@live.com

Default protein

for a 200 lbs bodybuilder around 12% dieting down to around 8% what is the least amount of protein you would start them at while eating plenty of carbs?

1 g per lb of bodyweight or 1.5-2 grams

thanks

i have a question regarding a muscle tech supplement i am trying for my show this weekend Nov. 14th. Its called hydrazide, it a water pill and the directions say to start 5 days out and take 3 capsules 2 times a day so i started yesterday which is only 4 days out and i woke up today 4lbs lighter already. Which is ok but i am just wondering if maybe i should stop taking it until Thursday or even Friday the day before the show. I weighed in today only 1 lbs heavier than i figured i would be on friday for the weigh ins. Any input would be much appreciated. I do think this product does work good, i am just not sure if i should start so early. I have used lasix for the past 3 years but didnt like how depleted i felt.

hey george,

i have been reading alot about genetics and bodybuilding ... and i have come to know winning competetions is all about hardwork + mass + conditioning + seperation+ symmetry + wide shoulders + narrow waist + perfect flow+ genetics............
    and now i do understand that i cannot win championships....i am 5 feet 8 inches 26 years old... 195 pounds with ten percent bodyfat.... have been training for 4 years.... i can bench press 330 x 10 and deadlift 405 x 12 squat 450 x 9 reps with execellent form...........grown from 120 pounds to 195 pounds

my question is about gaining muscle mass ..... in my opinion a person can gain musle mass till he can progressively overload......evry year the rate of progressively overloading decreases.... but one can still move forward inspite of the slower rate...

can a person with average genetics be a muscular 240 pounds.... bench press 405 x 10
    squat 500 x10 and deadlift 500 x10..... if he can put in all his resources year after year to progressively overload......or is it impossible for people like me........

thank you

hey george,

i have been reading alot about genetics and bodybuilding ... and i have come to know winning competetions is all about hardwork + mass + conditioning + seperation+ symmetry + wide shoulders + narrow waist + perfect flow+ genetics............
    and now i do understand that i cannot win championships....i am 5 feet 8 inches 26 years old... 195 pounds with ten percent bodyfat.... have been training for 4 years.... i can bench press 330 x 10 and deadlift 405 x 12 squat 450 x 9 reps with execellent form...........grown from 120 pounds to 195 pounds

my question is about gaining muscle mass ..... in my opinion a person can gain musle mass till he can progressively overload......evry year the rate of progressively overloading decreases.... but one can still move forward inspite of the slower rate...

can a person with average genetics be a muscular 240 pounds.... bench press 405 x 10
    squat 500 x10 and deadlift 500 x10..... if he can put in all his resources year after year to progressively overload......or is it impossible for people like me........

thank you

Hey George, I have been reading from other nutritionist/trainers that as their client nears closer to their show, they cut out all shakes and just eat whole food. In reality, whole food is always the best choice but its the availability and the time window that makes it hard to accomplish. Would you say to do this no matter if you are prepping for a show or what if you have the opportunity?

I was wanting to ask how many carbs, and how much protein I should consume while bulking. I am 5,9 205, 12% bf. I am on a 4 day split, and use the fst 7style of training. I am doing my competition in october.

1) How many meals per day do you suggest? No less the 5 meals and up to 8 meals.

2) How would you split the macro's up for those meals? For example more carbs for breakfast than in the middle of the day, and more carbs post workout etc. I will make sure that most my carbs are on first and the meal followin my workout.

Thanks for your help

quick question about women and carbing up.. i have heard alot of conflicting info about this.. some say to start carbing up wed or thursday before a sat show.. others say the night before.. some say that morning.. some say women DONT carb up but actually use fats instead.. do you have an opinion on this?

Cincimanati, you have to try what work for you. For example you will start with 300 grams carbs and 200 grams protein, if your weight goes up, then you will
    leave it there until you plateau then you will
    increase your calories until you start heading in the right direction. On the other hand, if you are gainning to much weight and you start getting out of shape, then you will need to reduce your calories until you get to desire look and weight.

Bubba, some of the protein on the market are an excellent addition to your solid meals and especially at certain time. For example upon rising or right after your workout sessions. Make sure to pick a protein to be fast in delivery. You need it to be as fast as possible to enter your blood stream to stop the catabolism and to start instantly rebuilding and recover. Can't help it but to
    mention the newest and the best protein on the market and by far it is a superior cause is the fastest on the market to get utilized by our system. Hydro Whey protein by Optimum Nutition, give it a try and you will be more then pleased with the results.

George - I wanted to ask you few questions

#1) What do you think about this diet - Apparently it's Kai Greenes Diet -->

This is Kai Greene's Diet 10 Weeks out:

1. 16 oz steak, 12 egg whites, quart of white rice
    2.2 chicken breasts, turkey burger, pint of white rice
    3. 16 oz salmon, 6 egg whites, large green salad
    4.16 oz steak, 2 sweet potatoes
    5. 16 oz salmon, 2 cups oatmeal with raisins, cup of corn
    6. shake 85 grams of protein, cup cashews or avocado
    7. 16 oz steak, 2 cups mixed vegetables

#2) When cooking meat - you recommend always for yourself and your athletes to use a grill and just grilling the meat with no oil? (Just spices addd) -- Would you ever recommend cooking with some type of oil in a pan? If so when?

Thnx

Hey George-

For someone looking to drop fat as quickly as possible before bulking up---do you think that using the KETO diet is a good idea? Or should they keep carbs in?
    Muscle Tech Athlete

What do you think about carb cycing for gaining recommended by MD's shelby starnes, with macro ranges at 2-3 grams/lb carbs, 1-1.25 protein, and as little fat as possible on high carb days, then lower carb days days being .5-1.5 grams carbs, 1.25-1.75 protein, and 0.25-0.5 grams fat. For a while I have been eating 2300-2400 calories a day with 270 grams carbs, 180 grams protein, and 60 grams fat and gaining very very slowly if at all and bumping up protein didnt do anything but bloat me and cause some mild constipation lol, which is why I am thinking of trying the carb cycling (I am 5 10, 21 years old, and 122 pounds ).

Anyways, again you look awesome. Keep lifting hard!

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast