Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm injured and I need to vent / need support" Thread

Well I just got the cast off my elbow, I don't know what I was expecting but the gruesome 7 inch cut with staples wasn't it. I had the same surgery to the other one done and the scar is only 2 inches!! My rom is horrible, my mind is telling me that all my gains will be gone in days. I know this is not the case but it makes me depressed to not hit the iron like I want too.

Weel im not injured but i am recovering from strep throat and the flu all w/in 2 weeks. It got so bad i was admitted into the hospital for IV's. I lost the most amount of strength i have ever in my life.

It is down right depressing.
    I am happy o nthe other end that my injuries have healed over the last year and a half.
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

Giant, I understand what your feeling bro, I just keep in mind all the pros and such overcoming way worse injurys and still be at that level inspires me

Quote Originally Posted by strongman05 View Post
    Bulged disc in my lower back that occasionally and seemingly randomly spazzes out. Not fun...and has put a hiatus on my strongman training for nearly a year now. Bench only powerlifting just isn't cutting it for me...AHHHH
    I got this same injury 4 months ago and it wont fucking go away. Can't squat or deadlift, or lift heavy for that matter. It's the worst feeling in the world

my elbow is still messed up. tennis elbow sucks.. I have had this for about 2 yrs. taking time off to get rid of it hopefully for good. I know I have lost so much muscle. Have not lifted since Nov.... I probably will start physical therapy in the next few weeks. These cortisone shots did not work this time...

Dedicated Noob

I have thrown in the towel on my left shoulder.Went to the doc a week ago and he felt no tear and shot up the cortisone. After 7 days off it was good but now after a week back in the gym pure F'n hell. I am trying to get into the Ortho doc to get a closer look.

What sucks is i just got back in the gym in December after turning into a fat ass. I will turn 48 today...yeah..and at 40 was in the best shape of my life till i was kicked in the bicep and had it ripped lose. I went thru hell for that recovered but never got fully back to training ..on and off. Now i am back 100% committed and after a great shoulder workout 3 weeks ago BANG the F'n shoulder goes whack on me. I was cutting weight gaining strength and thanks to muscle memory seeing good gains in only a month and a half now this! Old injuries never die i am afraid.

Unhappy Lower back

edit: accidentally posted what was intended to be a new thread here, my bad.
    Don't give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about

I've been dealing with forearm/elbow pain. They think tennis elbow. No pain on skull crushers but bicep work hurts forearms. was getting some pain running down bicep, in front delt and in delt tie-in so got MRIs and have partially torn rotators in both shoulders and tenditis throughout my shoulders

the only area of pain right now is the forearms which is aggrivating cuz bringing up arms was goal this off season

so far
    anti-inflammorties prescription
    icing
    deep tissue massage (this seem to help most)
    electric stim (have small home unit)

Finally after 4 weeks got referral for PT don't have my hopes up but will give it a shot
    iForce Nutrition Athlete
    iTrain iCompete iDominate iForce

I only got half way thru this thread before I found it too depressing, best of luck to all of you.

Behemoth

I have tendonitis on the side of my left foot which I have had since last december. My shoulder is starting to hurt where I had surgery on it and now I have carpal tunnel syndrome. My liver hurts and wakes me up in the middle of the night. There is nothing more discouraging then your liver starting to hurt a lot. Its the thing I love to do the most is going to kill me when Im 40.

Last memorial day I broke my ankle on a dirt bike. After about three weeks of sitting around feeling sorry for myself, I started hopping in to Golds on crutches. I was not going to let a little setback stop me from lifting. I actually waited 3 weeks to even have surgery. I kept telling people it's probably just sprained real bad. I was just scared of the cost of a broken ankle with no insurance. ($17,000) Anyhow, it's been almost a year. My limp is gone. I can jog for short periods, and I seem to be healing nicely.
    If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Dedicated Noob

this is a long needed thread for guys like me who have had injuries and want to talk to ppl who have been through similar things,it gets very hard to deal with sometimes,ive had 4 shoulder surgeries in 2 tears,2 on each shoulder,hernia surgery,i had 9 hemoroids cut out in the space of a year,and had started training again 3 months ago and now my back has stuffed up from a problem from years ago and may need surgery,can hardly walk now,at this rate ill never be trainin again,not happy.has anyone here had back surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by scott.b View Post
    this is a long needed thread for guys like me who have had injuries and want to talk to ppl who have been through similar things,it gets very hard to deal with sometimes,ive had 4 shoulder surgeries in 2 tears,2 on each shoulder,hernia surgery,i had 9 hemoroids cut out in the space of a year,and had started training again 3 months ago and now my back has stuffed up from a problem from years ago and may need surgery,can hardly walk now,at this rate ill never be trainin again,not happy.has anyone here had back surgery?
    Wow Scott, that is alot of surgery. I have had three this year on my elbow. How are you handling the pain managment if you don't mind me asking?

Dedicated Noob

one of the best things i found for pain relief was to apply ice to the injury,atm i lay on ice packs for my back pain after i train and at various times throughout the day,i sometimes take ibuprofen and tramadol but i have cut back on the amount i take since ive regulary been using ice,im just so sick of taking pain killers,i also take glucosamine everyday,currently im waiting to see if my neurosurgeon is going to operate on my back,3 surgeries on your elbow mitch,it sounds like you was also in need of this thread for the unlucky ones with bad injuries such as us,how did you injure your elbow?

Scott, I was doing some heavy decline skull crushers and my tricep pulled my olcrenon (funny bone) off. I really respect the way you are managing your pain, it's so easy to get caught up in meds. I also utilize a heating pad and I purchased a elbow sleave that has magnets, and a pack I can freeze or heat, best 20 bucks I have spent n a while.

Ive had three back surgeries and Im only 31. Two this year in a matter of two months. I was just starting my prep for nationals and it went. Luckily my sponsor kept me and there is always next year.

Quote Originally Posted by scott.b View Post

I am pissed because I have not been able to weightlift at all since the beginning of May due to a bulging disc in my back. I a very light workout with 20lbs for 3 different exercises a month ago and my body didn't like that.

Here lately things seem to be turning around for some reason. I am actually able to run for a while without my back around the shoulders hurting.

Without the ability to weightlift, life for me has become a major BLAH when it comes to exercise. So I grit my teeth until I can get myself back into weightlifting mode and get my strength back. OH for that day!
    Political correctness is America's way to bully others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast