Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm injured and I need to vent / need support" Thread

Beast

Default The "I'm injured and I need to vent / need support" Thread

You know what that means. It's our hangout, our save haven. Our little place in this world to say how good we're feeling, how crappy being injured is, and for getting support from our injured brothers and sisters in the iron.

If you're not actually injured, or bitching about an injury you've recovered from, GTFO my thread. But really, this is for those of us that are in pain and need to get some help/support that is not specific to our injury.

What this means is that if you come into this thread and ask for help about how to heal your injury, we'll move your post and make it into a thread. This is more for the mental aspect of being injured.

Matt

Beast

Every time I workout right now, something goes wrong in my upper back. I did some jogging a few days ago and had a severe headache for 2 days. Yesterday I did some delt specific stuff with bands that I have here to see how my body would react, and I have that same severe headache.

Why does my body have to hate me...

Matt

I'm pissed. I haven't done an upper body workout for two weeks due to tendonitis. I think my arms are shrinking already.
    Bulking is fun!

sniff, sniff, nobody cares..... I did read the sticky though about tendontitis so I might hit the weights again, albeit lightly, next week.
    Bulking is fun!

Beast

Quote Originally Posted by sixzebra View Post
    sniff, sniff, nobody cares..... I did read the sticky though about tendontitis so I might hit the weights again, albeit lightly, next week.
    I care.

I've been a longer time that two damned weeks for a real workout, so consider yourself lucky and blessed that it's only been two weeks. When it's time though, and it's feeling better, kill that crap. Just do it!

Matt

I partially tore the distal tendon in my bicep a couple months ago. My arm now looks like shit and is retracted about a half inch more then my other arm. I can't flex it hard and I feel like I'm going to tear it more. It feels like shit when i get a pump in it. And i don't have health insurance.

Shit, that sucks. Anything you can do to rehab it w/o going to the doctor?
    Bulking is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
    I care.

I've been a longer time that two damned weeks for a real workout, so consider yourself lucky and blessed that it's only been two weeks. When it's time though, and it's feeling better, kill that crap. Just do it!

Matt
    Did a very light backworkout the other day. It was a very humbling experience as I was using probably about 1/3 the weight I normally use.

You still getting headaches post w/o?
    Bulking is fun!

Beast

Quote Originally Posted by sixzebra View Post
    You still getting headaches post w/o?
    Some headaches still. I'm going to just go back to the gym and go from there, and medicate accordingly. I just need to get back into my old routine, I can't wait for the day when I'm back to the same numbers for DC.

Matt

I love this thread, I needed this thread! I was throwing some 80 pound bags of concrete at work about 20 of em for the job being done, and the next day my lower back into my glutes down into my hams were sore, the next day it was worse, took a week to feel better. (I know it was my lower lumbar because I messed it up 13 years ago real bad lifting improperly). I did one chest WO this past week as it didn't involve much back. Let my next post tell you why I havn't WO in the last 5 days.
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

2 days after hurting my lower back at work, I was lifting a 500 pound peice of equipment for my Boss( showing off ) Just moving it 6 inches sideways as he watched. Well the next day I had a small knot on my (ANUS) It got a little bigger each day and here I am 5 days later with what I believe is my first Hemorrhoid! I turn 33 this month (Thanksgiving day) and I have a danm Hemrrhoid. If any of you have had one you know what im feeling. Preperation H, Medicated whippies and a feeling of embarrasment and oldness.
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Bulged disc in my lower back that occasionally and seemingly randomly spazzes out. Not fun...and has put a hiatus on my strongman training for nearly a year now. Bench only powerlifting just isn't cutting it for me...AHHHH

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
    Every time I workout right now, something goes wrong in my upper back. I did some jogging a few days ago and had a severe headache for 2 days. Yesterday I did some delt specific stuff with bands that I have here to see how my body would react, and I have that same severe headache.

Why does my body have to hate me...

Matt

Sounds like you have a pinched nerve around the upper part of your back (thoracic spine) or even around the neck (Cervical spine) I get bad pinches if I even think of doing hack squats for some reason. You might want to go see a chiropractor who specializes in sports injuries.
    Right now I have tendonitis on my right elbow. Fucken pain in the ass hate to take 2 weeks off from training I feel sick when I donít go to the gym and lift.

Guys,
    I think, the best option is to visit your doctor with regards to what you feel.

--We live in a time when the words impossible and unsolvable are no longer part of the scientific community's vocabulary. Each day we move closer to trials that will not just minimize the symptoms of disease and injury but eliminate them.

------------

How intelligent are you?
    Find out here: IQ Test || EQ Test

Maegan.

Got tennis elbow in the right arm along with rotator cuff pain in the shoulder in my right arm. Been out of the gym since Nov 4... i am nervous to see how much weight I have lost. Was making some nice gains, but i have been battling these 2 things for over a year and decided to shut it down, going Mon to see the doc to get refered to an orthopedic doctor to see what is causing my bad shoulder, to say I am frustrated... I guess I will be out until early Jan.. Diet has gone to crap.. I am eating ok.. but just not too hungry. anyways what can you do...

went to a sports doc. he said I have tennis elbow.. which I have had for over a yr and a half on and off. I also have some small micro tears in my rotator cuff which is causing tendontitis in my rotator cuff. He put me on meloxicam for 30 days.. 15mg.. 1 per day.. When I was weighed I was @ 191, I usually weigh around 204.. no telling how much weight I have dropped by now.. He said I could start lifting after my next check up on jan 5... if all is well.. or I might need another cortisone shot... my appetite has dropped to.. I am eating clean.. just been going to a few holiday parties... hell I only went out drinking 3x the whole last yr... plus he gave me some exercises to do for my elbow and shoulder. I was going to go to pt but I already know the drill.... I know when I get back to the gym it is on.. I was burned out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast