Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "I'm injured and I need to vent / need support" Thread

Im with ya just had massive Ear Drum reconstructive surgery and im out again for the 5th time in almost 2 years. Thats right 5 surgeries in the past year and a half, but soon i will be back in action and i have a nice cycle waiting for me.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

I have been out for about a month now due to some kind of rotator cuff injury doing flat bench press. Pain hasn't gotten any better in over a week. Im pissed because I was making some great progress with the weights, and then this happens. At this rate it will be another couple weeks before I can start training upper body again.

Went to a chiropractor last week as my back has been at me for some time now. He recommended I get x rays done. Went back to him yesterday with my x rays and he explained that I have Grade 2 spondylolisthesis.

This is a condition of a slippage of a veterbra, in the lower lumbar region, in relation to the veterbra above or below it. I have been told to stop immediately any exercises that directly impact my lower back i.e. squats and deadlifts.

This is a huge scare for me, and pisses me right off. Supposebly this is quite serious and I need to do rehab etc so as to stabilise the muscles around it, so as to prevent the slippage from getting worse.

Anyway guys I'm on a bit of a downer at the moment after this. If any of you have had any injuries like this please let me know, and how you went about treating it and continuing your weight lifting regime.

Thanks
    A clean fighter in a dirty game

I am currently experiencing my first training set back. Not sure yet what the injury is but i can not supinate my left hand if my arm is extended in front of me. Also cant lift 5 pounds past parallel with my arm extended to the front. Seems like a rotator injury which really sucks because i have a powerlifting meet next weekend. Strength is still ok but after about 3 reps my shoulder will quit working like it is super fatigued. My squat and deadlift are still good so maybe my total will not be terrible with an easy bench. Thanks for listening

i haven't had atan since Kurt Cobain was alive and i forgot how bad sunscreen can feel in your eyes

this is a lot worse than i rmember
    been in savage pain fo rhours
    took a shower
    soaked my head many time
    got a cooler ice-pak on my temple
    feels like something is swelling inside my head
    can't even think straight

what do you do about this?
    http://krohdaddi.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen
    Whatever you do, don't take a screenshot and post that pm...

so back in February i had seizure and pulled glute muscle and impinged my sciatic nerve with a locked SI joint

from what i know
    people with long spines are prone to scoliosis (runs in my family)
    one of the visible signs of it would be asymmetrical ab development
    also a sign of an adaption to a rotated pelvis
    i think i had both
    my right foot was always tending to turn out more than the other
    then i drove a car for years that had an extrusion right where i needed to put my heel
    so i had to turn i tout even more
    my hips, my pelvis, my SI
    all the hip flexors, spinal erectors, obliques
    they all adapted to this posture
    when i started tightening up my midsection and posterior chain
    things were being forced into different relationships

i couldn't walk for almost two months
    wasn't sure if i would again
    was in foetal position continuosly
    continued eating as before and gained weight
    didn't know if it was going to be okay so was workin gout exit strategies
    but looks like its going to smooth out

if any of this sounds like you
    i'd reccommend really looking into hip flexor and minor glute (piriformis/gimella) exercises and stretches
    and do a mobility test to see if anything is developing
    if you're going to launch back into squats/deads
    if any of these signs pertain:

on a lighter note, some colour
    first day out in the Sun was a wash
    (didn't know SPF50 was the same as wearing clothes; SPF came in 4/6/8 when i was last tanned)
    so i blinded myself for six hours
    bu then did two days with no sunscreen
    good thing its been raining since then because i thought nothing was happening
    colour absorbed right into me and i was pink again a day later
    stayed out for a couple days and now i'm showing an amber tone

GeorgeForemanRules

LOL at the fake ID bumping old threads.

i'm just grateful to have sorted this out now while i'm in good shape
    i'm sure it would have been an issue sooner or later
    something about the relationship of my hips to my pelvis and my pelvis to my lower spine has been going on for a long time
    still getting nearly a 1" variation in height measurement depending on what sort of exercises i've been doing
    seems like some sort of displacement that probably would have seriously derailed me later
    seems to be getting sorted out and encapsulated in muscle
    had similar issue with shoulders years ago
    better now while i'm in good condition even though it set me back quite a bit

I have tinnitus and sometimes it is hard to just get out of bed the pain is so bad. There are no cures and only quack treatments , I have some pain pill that work sometimes. By a odd quirk of fate the weather affects it, if it is wet outside I am usually in in bad shape.

being diabetic really sucks, when an injury happens on the foot it takes forever, months to heal. Then, I discovered, the tendonitis symptoms I've been feeling in my right shoulder for a couple of months is something that just mysteriously happens with diabetics. My Dr. told me the rotator will just be stiff and sore for about 6 months, then mysteriously it will just go away. Well, right now i'm not to the point where it disappears. I was doing dumbbell presses this morning with just 35lb dumbbells and the pain in the right shoulder was enough that I had to drop down to 25s and it was still a struggle. I ultimately have to do the presses with a barbell. I'm waiting for ulcer to slowly heal up on the bottom of my foot, which is the worse place to have something like that because you always have pressure on it.
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Dedicated Noob

I just recently fucked my knee up doing squats and i found out it has something to do with something called osgood shlatters and my doc said that my patella tendon is connected to a piece of bone that is connected to my tibia bone with fibours scar and basically what i did was stretch the piece of bone and scar tissue away from my tibia and he told me it will heal on its own but he said i shouldnt do squats or anything of the sort again and im not ever going to not do squats again and i just want to know what could possibly happen if this continues to happen?

So I have a bulging disc in my back that acted up about a month or so ago and is now pressing on my sciatic nerve, there isn't any pain anymore but I CAN'T FEEL MY FUCKING LEFT FOOT ANYMORE!!!! ...shit... So now when I try to do lunges my left foot bends all weird...dammit...

Nobody

New here and needed to vent bad so this threadlooks like the place. I blew out my right pec last Saturday benching and amseething with frustration and doubt. I have a full thickness tear of the rightpectoralis major at the MT junction which means there are only a handful ofsurgeons that will even consider touching me. What really pisses me off is thatI powerlifted for years and have been under as much as 600lbs with nothinghappening and Saturday I climb under 315 for a final set and on the third repthe spring pops. WTF is up with that. Anyway I am done crying, thanks forlistening and if you have any advice or know someone who does hook me up

Dedicated Noob

I have been out for about a month now due to some kind of rotator cuff injury.

Nobody

Your sports may be basically a strength and more like a power spot for example sprinting or shot put, or the prerequisites may be more a mixof quality and continuance, which is the situation with numerous running group wears. It is possible that way, advancing essential quality, with or without muscle hypertrophy, is a key objective of general readiness preparing. Quality customizes ordinarily comprise of overwhelming loads and a little number of redundancies.

Injury prevention is a part of weight training as part of sports specific training regularly overlooked. While not donating to essential builds in exhibition for games, harm anticipation can unquestionably help brandishes exhibition by guaranteeing a player is fit at pivotal times in the occasion schedule.

Fortifying exceptionally vulnerable muscle groups for example the more level back and hamstrings, the shoulder rotator sleeve complex and the quadriceps muscles that control knee joint capacity could furnish exhibition profits without essential quality, control or persistence picks up. Remember this when weight preparing for a game for which you may not at first acknowledge weights further bolstering be a good fortune. Persistence running, cycling or swimming may be samples.

SERVICES_0001_Background-copy-26.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123