Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What steroid cycle structure(s) do you usually recommend?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pyramiding

36 14.01%
  • Flat Pyramiding

43 16.73%
  • Short and Heavy

41 15.95%
  • Staggered

26 10.12%
  • Front-loading

60 23.35%
  • Jump Starting

31 12.06%
  • Bridging

26 10.12%
  • Not sure

40 15.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AAS: Steroid cycle structure

Default AAS: Steroid cycle structure

I cleaned up a post I made here awhile back...

Steroid cycle structure :.
    by Warrior, WarriorFX

It is a known reality that drug use exists in sports, as well as within the general non-competitive populace. Today, steroid use greatly involves three classes of people: those looking to boost athletic performance, those simply wishing to alter their body composition for a more muscular and lean physique and older men in search of youthful energy and quality of life. Other than the infinite protocols used for periods of testosterone replacement therapy in the later group, brief periods of anabolic-androgenic steroids are typically outlined for maximal muscle gain with minimal risks.

Androgens, like testosterone, have been researched and applied in clinical settings for over 50 years; however, steroid use for performance enhancement is a tabooed subject today. The Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990 added anabolic steroids to the federal schedule of controlled substances, thereby criminalizing their non-medical use by those seeking muscle growth for athletic or cosmetic enhancement. Under this act, steroids were placed in the same legal class as barbiturates and LSD. Since its conception, medical professionals have been worried about being labeled as common drug dealers when dispensing prescriptions for testosterone and its many derivatives.

One major reason for labeling them as a forbidden fruit was the threat to fair sports’ competition. Many feel that steroid use creates an unfair advantage with unreasonable health risks for athletes. However, the fine line of ethics is blurred when trying to define what is fair and not fair; access to top coaches, rare personal genetics, top-notch training facilities – all can be labeled unfair to those without equal admission. Many of the inflated health risks have been discarded through proper medical research; as well as personal use and documentation by athletes themselves. Used properly and within certain dose and duration guidelines, anabolic steroids have shown to present many desired affects with minimal risk. Conversely, many over-the-counter products have lead to more health dangers and instances of reckless abuse.

So how are athletes employing these powerful anabolic messengers, safely and effectively? The following are common steroid cycle planning methods used by those looking for a performance edge.

Pyramiding

Pyramiding refers to a administering a steroid to create a gradual increase in androgen levels, followed by a gradual taper down. The taper up is generally consistent with normal administration of the commonly used heavy-ester (enanthate, cypionate, decanoate) steroids due to their pharmacological assimilation. They take time to build up plasma levels of the parent hormone. The taper down is from either spreading the dose intervals out or by administering less. These cycles typically range between eight to 12 weeks.

This method is not commonly accepted today. There is an understanding that the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis (endogenous production) can not fully recover until all exogenous administration stops; tapering only delays recovery of natural gonadal functioning. The use of productive post-cycle therapy drugs have also made this method less popular; instead of tapering off, drugs like Clomid are used to recover natural androgen levels quickly.

Flat Pyramiding

Flat pyramiding begins with a gradual increase in androgen levels; just as with pyramiding, the gradual taper up is consistent with normal administration. After even plasma levels are reached, subsequent administration is kept consistent. Once the cycle is over, all drug use is terminated with no taper down. After the last ester runs its course, post cycle therapy drugs are used with a goal for quick recovery of natural androgen production. Flat pyramids also tend to be used for eight to 12 weeks.

This is the frequently discussed method for using anabolic-androgenic steroids today.

Short and Heavy

Short and heavy – sometimes called blast or blitz – cycles refer to the protocols that dramatically increase the total steroid burden on the body, but the duration is kept very short. This method can only be correctly and safely employed by advanced athletes and experienced steroid users. Doses typically reach more than double the weekly androgen use applied under more conservative, longer cycles. The cycle is short-lived; around 30 or 40 days, with a pre-cycle priming period to sensitize the body for a more productive and immediate growth spurt. The preparatory periods usually lasts much longer than the cycles themselves.

Again, this method is not for beginners or immature athletes. Those using this method should have a good understanding of what supraphysiological levels of androgens due to their system; as well as advanced nutritional and training variables. This is especially important when heavy, long esters are used, since high-dose front-loads are used to boost blood levels up right away.

This method has been around for awhile, but it hasn’t caught much mainstream attention. With a proper prime, lean weight gains are significant within very short periods. It simply takes some advanced knowledge about oneself to do it all correctly and most important: to maintain gains.

Staggered

Staggered cycles involve swapping out compounds and doses; normally quite frequently. This is typically a long cycle - constantly getting extended to help further gains when they become static. Many feel this is a very ineffective method unless you really know what you are doing, certainly not something for beginners.

Front-loading

Front-loading refers to using the same compound with a short ester (acetate, propionate) or no ester (suspension) to get blood levels up right away. Front-loading can also be accomplished with heavy esters by doubling the maintenance dose prior to the first half life.
    Front-loading has been around for awhile but is not commonly used. The idea is to get blood levels of the parent hormone up right away, so results can be obtained faster.

Some feel front-loading is not necessary, nor productive; others use the method simply for steroids with heavy esters, to shorten the waiting period before gains are noticed from the drug program. Many use front-loading to get a steroid cycle started and subsequently ended faster - with less HPTA impact.

Jump Starting

Jump starting refers to starting a cycle of heavy ester steroids with a compound that has either: a rapid releasing ester, a steroid without an ester or a quickly metabolized oral. This is an old and very common practice. Dianabol, an orally available steroid, is commonly used to jump a mass-building cycle; providing good localized blood flow within a trained muscle (pumps), general increase in disposition and quick weight gains.

Bridging

Bridging refers to the use of an anabolic steroid to fill a gap between steroid cycles. Bridging is typically only needed by those whom have exceeded a level of muscularity that their system can not naturally support. Bridging is often accomplished using drugs that either have minimal impact on endogenous androgen production or by using quickly metabolized compounds once per day, such as taking a single dose of Dianabol or testosterone suspension.

None of the above are endorsed by mainstream medical professionals or their reporting journals. These are simply methods that bodybuilders have developed through years of trial and error. It’s common for an athlete to become an evangelist to one method but keeping an open mind will lead to more productive training years supplemented with steroid use.

Thanks warrior, definitely learned new things.

GeorgeForemanRules

None of the above, I would say a reverse version of Flat Pyramiding but with a quick taper down not up.....or a short cycle with no Pyramiding but not heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    None of the above, I would say a reverse version of Flat Pyramiding but with a quick taper down not up.....or a short cycle with no Pyramiding but not heavy.
    Flat pyramiding is referring to simply starting a cycle without any jump or front-loads. The commonly used heavy esters will cause the only taper here... if short esters are used them the taper is very brief - peak blood levels can be reached within the first week.

Many cycles today are constructed using flat pyramids (regularly scheduled injections that build blood volume up, and then level them off - and then everything is stopped until PCT is started) with the occasional concurrent frontload or jump start; using orals, quick-releasing esters or suspensions.

Sounds like you use brief cycles based on a flat pyramid administration...

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Flat pyramiding is referring to simply starting a cycle without any jump or front-loads. The commonly used heavy esters will cause the only taper here... if short esters are used them the taper is very brief - peak blood levels can be reached within the first week.

Many cycles today are constructed using flat pyramids (regularly scheduled injections that build blood volume up, and then level them off - and then everything is stopped until PCT is started) with the occasional concurrent frontload or jump start; using orals, quick-releasing esters or suspensions.

Sounds like you use brief cycles based on a flat pyramid administration...
    Ok, I did not understand it. Sounds about riight, the only thing I did was taper off the last shot so weeks 1-8. 600mg and then week 9. 250mg and then PCT.

I did a few variations in the past and found that 6-8 week flat pyramids worked best for me but that is taking into account I was trying to be safe about cycling.

I did a few variations in the past and found that 6-8 week flat pyramids worked best for me but that is taking into account I was trying to be safe about cycling.
    Those are easier to recover from (more so if you avoid stacking progestins) and if the pre-cycle window is opened by properly preparing for the cycle, they still be very productive despite the duration.

this should be a sticky

Ive tried many different ways of cycling over the years and looking back over my cycle diary its when ive used short burst cycles coupled with a prime is when ive built the most muscle. Recovering from cycles is a major problem for many and with burst cycles ive recovered fast which in turn as led me to maintain the new found muscle better.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Ive tried many different ways of cycling over the years and looking back over my cycle diary its when ive used short burst cycles coupled with a prime is when ive built the most muscle. Recovering from cycles is a major problem for many and with burst cycles ive recovered fast which in turn as led me to maintain the new found muscle better.
    Marcus could you describe a sample burst cycle?

i used to favor the old-fashioned jump starts. id go test e for 10 weeks w/ dbol the first four. now days i use long esters and quit when i feel like it (10-12). im curious about frontloading, i just dont like the idea of putting a bunch of gear in me at one time. but im gonna try it in a few weeks.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by 123rip View Post
    i used to favor the old-fashioned jump starts. id go test e for 10 weeks w/ dbol the first four. now days i use long esters and quit when i feel like it (10-12). im curious about frontloading, i just dont like the idea of putting a bunch of gear in me at one time. but im gonna try it in a few weeks.
    Try a jump start with a short ester test like prop, it's better and safer than Dbol. I would run prop at 100mg EOD for the first 3 weeks along with my usual dose of test cyp. Something like this worked well for me, it's even better if you end the last 2 weeks with prop only.

1-3 100mg Test propp EOD
    1-9 Test cyp 500mg EW
    10 test prop 150mg EOD
    11 test prop 100mg EOD

Try a jump start with a short ester test like prop, it's better and safer than Dbol. I would run prop at 100mg EOD for the first 3 weeks along with my usual dose of test cyp. Something like this worked well for me, it's even better if you end the last 2 weeks with prop only.

1-3 100mg Test propp EOD
    1-9 Test cyp 500mg EW
    10 test prop 150mg EOD
    11 test prop 100mg EOD
    thats how i would run a cycle also

Default frontload dosing anyone?

1-3 100mg Test propp EOD
    1-9 Test cyp 500mg EW
    10 test prop 150mg EOD
    11 test prop 100mg EOD
    im more concerned with frontloading deca and eq. what do you recommend the first couple of weeks? and i like winstrol at the end while long esters are fading...but im sure prop works well for that too.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by 123rip View Post
    im more concerned with frontloading deca and eq. what do you recommend the first couple of weeks? and i like winstrol at the end while long esters are fading...but im sure prop works well for that too.
    I do not beilieve frontloading with a long ester does anything but increase sides. I also think winstrol is a horrible drug...very bad for tendons and ligaments, you would be better off adding tren A mid cycle to boost late cycle gains IMO.

i guess ill just rely on prop. you echo my fear of frontloading. high doses make my bp go sky high. i partially blame winstrol for my pec tear. i was also dehydrated though. and doing low reps. not a good combo.

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

i normally would do some orals but i layed off of them and have been jump starting with prop as well. and then into my usual of test and wat not.

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

Warrior

Ive never dont EQ before, would it be a good idea to combine that with winni at the end of my cylce?? to harden

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast