Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MD Training Journal Member Videos!

Future

Addison K.

Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post
    Awesome job, brother!

605 for reps ain't no joke!

AK

(P.S. I didn't see a pad on the bar!)

Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post

WOW, that is nuts! Way to go bro. That is some serious lifting.

Oh my, Future, that was awesome. You the man. You need to post this vid on that "Do you use a Pad when you squat?" thread I started along time ago in the training section. I voted for no pad but that was just preference, some of the guys posted commetns about pads are for pussies etc.. That vid will shut them up

Unleash "The Beast" - How I Train

My Transformation

Future

Quote Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
    Oh my, Future, that was awesome. You the man. You need to post this vid on that "Do you use a Pad when you squat?" thread I started along time ago in the training section. I voted for no pad but that was just preference, some of the guys posted commetns about pads are for pussies etc.. That vid will shut them up
    LOL Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Unleash "The Beast" - How I Train

My Transformation
    AWESOME WORK BRO!!!

Future

BB Incline Press
    325X2
    315X3

~ I was doing this workout at a gym that has a standard incline press where you can't control the incline of the bench. The incline I had to use here was higher (hence more shoulder/less chest) than what I have been used to using, and the numbers weren't as high. This particular gym doesn't have a good set up with a power rack so that I could set it up the way I do when I am in Terre Haute, so I had to make do. I still felt really strong though because when I went to do Incline DB Flys on the normal incline I use, I set yet another PR. I believe I will be back in Terre Haute next week for my PR week and will try 325 there using the same set up I have been and hopefully be able to hit that 325. But for this workout, it is what it is.

DB Incline Flys
    90X10 - PR!

~ This is the incline I normally use for my BB Incline Press. I want it at this angle because I want more upper chest recruitment and less shoulder recruitment.

BB Bent Over Rows
    345X5 - PR!
    355X3

~ As you will see in the video, I feel like the first 3 reps are pretty solid. 4 & 5 started to look like I was using a little too much trap for this particular lift (due to fatigue) but I still feel like it was a lot better than the first video I posted of these doing 315 (where I am wearing a beanie). Plus, it hit really hard right where I wanted it to, so I know the form is overall pretty good.

BB Military Press
    275X5
    285X3

~ The weight really wasn't 275, that's just what it would have been had I been using free weights. Again, this gym didn't have a power rack or a good enough set up to perform free weight BB Military Press, so I did them on their Smith Machine. If my gym back home had one of these, I would just use this, but they don't...so I can't really go back and forth and make fair comparisons. When I am back in Terre Haute, I will try 275 on the free weights and see what I can get. I have a video of me getting 3 on the "smith" 285 before pooping out lol. Still though, this progression was entirely guesstimated and I'm happy with where these are at for now.

DB Incline Braced Rear Raises
    45X10

~ Not the heaviest I've used, but I really wanted to see what I looked like doing these. This is one exercise where in my mind it feels like one thing, but in reality it could be completely different. I wanted to see how good of form I am using with this. I feel it right where I want and I felt like my tempo was good and the height I brought the DBs up to was good...especially for that weight. You guys can be the judge!

BB Standing Curls
    155X5 - PR!

~ This one felt good. I felt like the form was pretty solid and even though the last rep was a little slow, I just smiled and kind of laughed at it as I lowered it REALLY slow - just showing the exercise who's boss! I'm happy with this as biceps are a weak point for me.

DB Seated Curls
    65X8 - PR!

~ Just a solid set. I felt form was on point too. I will tell you that on the last rep, I almost blacked out (lost some vision) because I was literally on fumes. Still got the rep though and lowered it with authority!

EZ Skull Crushers
    165X3

~ I was scheduled to do just 160 for 5, but I was feeling good at the time and just decided to throw on 165 instead. I can't quite recall if I did 3 or 4 reps, but I took it down to 155 for another set and got all 5 with ease. It's amazing when you use good form how much of a difference 5lbs (or in this case 10) can make on the smaller muscle groups LOL!
    [QUOTE=Sporto;63507][COLOR="Blue"]Lower Body Power

BB Squats
    475X5 - PR!
    495X3

~ Simply phenomenal! I will let the video speak for itself. I nailed a SOLID deep set of 475 for 5 reps (just as planned) and felt good enough afterwards to throw on 5 plates and bust out 3 SOLID deep reps. When I was finished, my glutes, hamstrings, quads, everything felt like my form was spot on. These sets got me PUMPED!

SLDL/RDL Hybrid
    455X5 - PR!
    475X3

~ The momentum kept up as I went straight into heavy sets of my SLDL/RDL Hybrid. Again, I will let the video speak for itself. I felt like my form was pristine and afterwards the intended muscles I was trying to hit were LIT UP! Next year, my glutes and hammies are gonna POP!

Straight-Leg Cow Raises
    Stack+AllTheExtraWeightICouldFindX10

~ For those who want to TRUELY know what the SPORTO TEMPO is for (what I like to call now) Cow Raises, this video will show explicit detail of the tempo that I directly credit towards the increased calf development this offseason. My cows are most likely my most improved body part and this tempo is a HUGE reason why. Enjoy the video!

Sporto
    IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
    Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Future

Future

[quote=Sporto;1054859]BB Incline Press
    325X2
    315X3

~ I was doing this workout at a gym that has a standard incline press where you can't control the incline of the bench. The incline I had to use here was higher (hence more shoulder/less chest) than what I have been used to using, and the numbers weren't as high. This particular gym doesn't have a good set up with a power rack so that I could set it up the way I do when I am in Terre Haute, so I had to make do. I still felt really strong though because when I went to do Incline DB Flys on the normal incline I use, I set yet another PR. I believe I will be back in Terre Haute next week for my PR week and will try 325 there using the same set up I have been and hopefully be able to hit that 325. But for this workout, it is what it is.

DB Incline Flys
    90X10 - PR!

~ This is the incline I normally use for my BB Incline Press. I want it at this angle because I want more upper chest recruitment and less shoulder recruitment.

BB Bent Over Rows
    345X5 - PR!
    355X3

~ As you will see in the video, I feel like the first 3 reps are pretty solid. 4 & 5 started to look like I was using a little too much trap for this particular lift (due to fatigue) but I still feel like it was a lot better than the first video I posted of these doing 315 (where I am wearing a beanie). Plus, it hit really hard right where I wanted it to, so I know the form is overall pretty good.

BB Military Press
    275X5
    285X3

~ The weight really wasn't 275, that's just what it would have been had I been using free weights. Again, this gym didn't have a power rack or a good enough set up to perform free weight BB Military Press, so I did them on their Smith Machine. If my gym back home had one of these, I would just use this, but they don't...so I can't really go back and forth and make fair comparisons. When I am back in Terre Haute, I will try 275 on the free weights and see what I can get. I have a video of me getting 3 on the "smith" 285 before pooping out lol. Still though, this progression was entirely guesstimated and I'm happy with where these are at for now.

DB Incline Braced Rear Raises
    45X10

~ Not the heaviest I've used, but I really wanted to see what I looked like doing these. This is one exercise where in my mind it feels like one thing, but in reality it could be completely different. I wanted to see how good of form I am using with this. I feel it right where I want and I felt like my tempo was good and the height I brought the DBs up to was good...especially for that weight. You guys can be the judge!

BB Standing Curls
    155X5 - PR!

~ This one felt good. I felt like the form was pretty solid and even though the last rep was a little slow, I just smiled and kind of laughed at it as I lowered it REALLY slow - just showing the exercise who's boss! I'm happy with this as biceps are a weak point for me.

DB Seated Curls
    65X8 - PR!

~ Just a solid set. I felt form was on point too. I will tell you that on the last rep, I almost blacked out (lost some vision) because I was literally on fumes. Still got the rep though and lowered it with authority!

EZ Skull Crushers
    165X3

~ I was scheduled to do just 160 for 5, but I was feeling good at the time and just decided to throw on 165 instead. I can't quite recall if I did 3 or 4 reps, but I took it down to 155 for another set and got all 5 with ease. It's amazing when you use good form how much of a difference 5lbs (or in this case 10) can make on the smaller muscle groups LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporto View Post
    [color="Blue"]Lower Body Power

BB Squats
    475X5 - PR!
    495X3

~ Simply phenomenal! I will let the video speak for itself. I nailed a SOLID deep set of 475 for 5 reps (just as planned) and felt good enough afterwards to throw on 5 plates and bust out 3 SOLID deep reps. When I was finished, my glutes, hamstrings, quads, everything felt like my form was spot on. These sets got me PUMPED!

SLDL/RDL Hybrid
    455X5 - PR!
    475X3

~ The momentum kept up as I went straight into heavy sets of my SLDL/RDL Hybrid. Again, I will let the video speak for itself. I felt like my form was pristine and afterwards the intended muscles I was trying to hit were LIT UP! Next year, my glutes and hammies are gonna POP!

Straight-Leg Cow Raises

~ For those who want to TRUELY know what the SPORTO TEMPO is for (what I like to call now) Cow Raises, this video will show explicit detail of the tempo that I directly credit towards the increased calf development this offseason. My cows are most likely my most improved body part and this tempo is a HUGE reason why. Enjoy the video!

Sporto
    IMPRESSIVE!

Thanks Future! This was a recent one of seeing how may times I could squat 425...right now I'm at 13

Sporto
    IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
    Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Future

GREAT JOB!

Future

Awesome video Future!

Future

Thanks man.

Spotter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba0Yaey-f3E

me deadlifting while on tour in Kabul, Afghanistan 520 lbs