Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Lou on stage at 41...

Difference between Arnold and Lou is personality - and lou is is on the short end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    damn ferrigno looks pretty good for 41
    So what? Ronnie was 41 at the 2005 Olympia

There's more to bodybuilding than Arnold...

Quote Originally Posted by tac View Post
    So what? Ronnie was 41 at the 2005 Olympia

There's more to bodybuilding than Arnold...

hmm how the hell did coleman get in this, all i said was lou ferrigno just lou ferrigno looked good at 41, i could probably list all the bodybuilders that are in good shape at 41 but this thread is about ferrigno, and well arnold

Dont get me wrong - Arnold is da man! Just wanted to point out that 41 is no age at all for a BBer, as shown by RC still walking off with Olympia crown at that age. I would expect a BBer of Lou's caliber to still be looking good at this age, unless he'd completely stopped training.

Now Reg Parks in his 70's - there's a man whose old and still looks great!

I would agree that being governor would account for the aging of Arnold. That's alot of stress right there. Lou still looks good for Lou. Nobody bitches when Arnold signs into law the emissions standards so that the kids parents have to buy a new car because their 1992 Dodge Pickup won't pass the test and can't afford to pay Lou for a picture. Just my opinion.

Banned

if you come to Kalifonia and say arnold sucks we will kill you and have you hanged.

Forum Leader: Politics & Religion The Celt's Avatar

Just so anyone not in the know knows......Lou is 55 now...

Lou is a personal friend of mine. 2 years ago, I was working out with him, 11 years after his last competiton, and he was (2 years ago) 275 lbs., 4% bodyfat, with 21 inch biceps cold. Since then, he's dropped to 245 lbs and had both knees replaced but still looks hard.

Lou does very well for himself and always sells out his both at the Arnold earlier than anyone else. He's approachable, friendly, even though I believe he still doesn't see himself as the popular, loved star he is, he is historically one of the top 2 best known bodybuilders (Arnold #1).

Lou will never get the roles Arnold has had because of his speech impediment due to his deafness. And Lou doesn't exude the same charisma as Arnold. But he's still one of the most famous bodybuilders of all time and deserves respect for that.

Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post
    Lou is a personal friend of mine. 2 years ago, I was working out with him, 11 years after his last competiton, and he was (2 years ago) 275 lbs., 4% bodyfat, with 21 inch biceps cold. Since then, he's dropped to 245 lbs and had both knees replaced but still looks hard.

Lou does very well for himself and always sells out his both at the Arnold earlier than anyone else. He's approachable, friendly, even though I believe he still doesn't see himself as the popular, loved star he is, he is historically one of the top 2 best known bodybuilders (Arnold #1).

Lou will never get the roles Arnold has had because Lou doesn't exude the same charisma as Arnold. But he's still one of the most famous bodybuilders of all time and deserves respect for that.
    Changed it, now its accurate.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post

Lou will never get the roles Arnold has had because of his speech impediment due to his deafness. And Lou doesn't exude the same charisma as Arnold. But he's still one of the most famous bodybuilders of all time and deserves respect for that.
    4% eh? His glutes must have been ripped like Ronnies in the 2003 Olympia and he wasn't even dieting! Very impressive. I don't know Lou and don't care if he charges 1000 dollars for a photo, more power to him if he can. The only impressive thing I saw from him was competing in the battle for the stars during the tug-of-war. His team always won and it motivated me to work out.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    damn ferrigno looks pretty good for 41 (agreed on the calves though) and open heart surgery can really slow you down too, but we still must look at it this way 30 years later Arnold is a huge movie star, governor of california, has more money than he can count and ferrigno is still bodybuilding hmmm
    Are you crazy??? Lou is a fine actor and has made some great films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dqfdylvy1w

After seeing that video on youtube, Lou may have a career in comedy...that video was hilarious!!

legbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by SVT03DAL View Post
    Is it me or have any of you guys noticed this...

Arnold didn't seem to age from like 1980 to about 1998.

"Welcome to Caleeforneeaaa!"
    Not true. Arnolds hair was mostly grey in a 1980 muscle and fitness around the time of Conan and the Olympia. Sure physique wise he is always capable of bring it back, but obviously has no interest outside of health.

Banned

Calves do look funny huh....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12