Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aspartame

Default Aspartame

What are your thoughts on aspartame? Most of the diet drinks have no or low sugar, but almost all contain aspartame. Is it bad?

tastes like crap...i don't like it...if i want to be healthy..i'm not gonna drink a diet soda anyway...so i could care less..

do i take it yea i am a soda addict and since im diabetic i drink alot of diet soda need to work on that my thoughts its poison studies have proven its extremely harmfull and even worse than normal high fructose corn syrup but i take it cause its low glycemic for me recommend not even taking it in any form

Aspartame causes brain damage etc. Research it bro.

In high doses in rats. Show me a study on people, i for one didn't find it in a couple of hours.
    Oh and btw, everything in such quantity isn't exactly beneficial. You wouldn't even be able to get that much aspartame in you, not even mentioning that people =/= rats.
    No harm, tastes like shit.

I haven't found a study in humans either. Its in Crystal light, diet snapple, diet soda, most other powdered drinks. I'm curious as to what exactly it does to humans.

I find brain damage really hard to believe.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaPump3 View Post
    Aspartame causes brain damage etc. Research it bro.
    no it doesn't. This is how this bullshit get's spread, by people talking about research that doesn't exist like it's the freakin' grail. Please show me one study with a reasonable (not 1000 times the recommended amount) dose of aspartame showing any negative side effects. You won't find one, I can show you dozens that demonstrated it's perfectly fine.

the only people saying this are those idiot cult following organic tree huggers who don't actually read real research. Aspartame is one of the most tested compounds in the world and every single study (and there are many) done using doses within the daily acceptable range for aspartame have shown it to be totally fine

Not to pick on you too much but this really bothers me because this is how this BS gets spread, because people kick around nonsense without actually researching it. You tell him to research it when it's clear you have not really researched it yourself. Unless you call reading some article on some organic website research.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    no it doesn't. This is how this bullshit get's spread, by people talking about research that doesn't exist like it's the freakin' grail. Please show me one study with a reasonable (not 1000 times the recommended amount) dose of aspartame showing any negative side effects. You won't find one, I can show you dozens that demonstrated it's perfectly fine.

the only people saying this are those idiot cult following organic tree huggers who don't actually read real research. Aspartame is one of the most tested compounds in the world and every single study (and there are many) done using doses within the daily acceptable range for aspartame have shown it to be totally fine

Not to pick on you too much but this really bothers me because this is how this BS gets spread, because people kick around nonsense without actually researching it. You tell him to research it when it's clear you have not really researched it yourself. Unless you call reading some article on some organic website research.

well I was told its not healthy so I stick with splenda and honey, but you know I actually love ur post,makes a lot of sense
    www.fitnessrxmag.com

Team MD

Good stuff Layne.

damn straight.
    this is what i tell people when they say stupid stuff like "i'd rather have the sugar than the cancer!" (one lady said something like this while smoking.....)
    i then tell them to enjoy having the fat ass.

I just dislike the taste. Sucralose OTOH is great!

I love when a post like this comes on the board, you know Layne will tear it apart. I was just waiting for it- and I'm glad Layne made an appearance here. His posts about sweeteners are probably my favorite of his.

I do apologise for my quote I was just heading out the door to work and posted a quick reply sorry for coming across as an asshole to anyone. Ok with that out the way here's my views on it. Basically in any study on anything it will come across as negative in someway. Me i prefer sucrose as a sweetner additive if any other than natural. The way i see it is do your own individual research and come to your own conclusion.

I apologise for my comment i did come across as an asshole but i was heading out to work and it was 6 oclock was kinda rushed. The way i see it in any walk of life is do some research and come to your own conclusion whether it be supps, foods or additives. Me personally i prefer sucrose as a sweetner if not natural. Although this is just me opinion as i done research and came to my own conclusion.

Double post thought the first one deleted.

Layne? damn dude calm down

haha layne has been layin down some knowledge on people lately...i love it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast