Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Bodybuilder competition thread

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Guns View Post
    I have 5 days left and wanted to drop by and say thanks for the support and also to thank you for being a motivating factor in my everyday training!!!!
    Billy Guns, how did you fare in your shootout?

I am heading to Toronto next weekend to be Guest Poser at the 2007 FAME WNSO Canadian National Championships. I competed in this contest in 2005 and placed 3rd in Men's Masters 60+, my fourth show. Last year, I placed 1st and am the 2006 FAME WNSO Men's Master 60+ World Champion. That's why they asked me back to Guest Pose this year.

Default Thanks, Senior!

Senior, you are an inspiration. Make sure that good pix of your posing routines appear on your page. Maybe even videos of them as well, if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Senior, you are an inspiration. Make sure that good pix of your posing routines appear on your page. Maybe even videos of them as well, if that's possible.

Since I am an invited Guest Poser, hopefully, the show photographer will record my four routines on digital still and video.

Presently 5 days out from the NPC Rochester BB Championships.......zero carbs,cardio, and depletion type training until Friday !!
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by Timski View Post
    Presently 5 days out from the NPC Rochester BB Championships.......zero carbs,cardio, and depletion type training until Friday !!

When are you going to do your carb load? Are you restricting your salt, and if so, are you going to salt load before Saturday? Do you do a fat load on Saturday morning before prejudging? That seems to be in vogue, to bring in salt and fat in order to "fill, but not spill."

Are you competing in the Open as well as the Masters?

Good luck, Warrior. I know you will do well.

Old Navy

Thank you Scott!!

I do cut sodium 3 days out,I carb load depending on how I look........I kep water extremely high right up until the night before the contest,then stop between 6-8 PM also depending on how I look.

I do take a bit of sodium,water,and fat on contest day,just to help with a pump and in an attempt to look fuller onstage.

again,all of this procedure depends on how I`m looking.......have done over 40 contests or so,so I know my body pretty well........usually!!

Lots of variables as you know.
    Strictly Business

Thanks for your reply, Tim. I do exactly what you do. It's nice to have the reinforcement. For sure, lots of variables. It's fun when it all comes together. My next show will be my 20th, in less than three years. I got a late start....lol...I did my first show at 61 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by white knight View Post
    Aug 18- Canadian Nationals
    Hey brother, I am 39 and will be 40 this coming January 2008. I am competing in the Ontario Championships June 23rd...If i come top three I'll qualify for the Canadian NAtionals but will take a year to prepare so Ill be ready September 2008 Montreal. As i will be 40 at that time will i be eligible for the Masters division as well as the open?
    P

Absolutely. And, if you win the Masters 40+ class at the Nationals, you will win your WNSO Masters Pro Card. This is something new. This story is posted on this site, but I think you should read it. Good Luck, Warrior. Go for the Master Pro.

FAME WNSO Reaches Out to Senior Athletes
    Establishes a Master Pro Division for Bodybuilding and Fitness Competitors
    Awards 1st WNSO Master Pro Card to Scott “Old Navy” Hults

June 10, 2007, Toronto, Canada (FAME) – For the past 10 years, the World Natural Sports Organization, WNSO, has been a leader in providing natural, drug-free competitions for bodybuilding, fitness, model and figure athletes. The organization offers both amateur and professional level contests throughout Canada, the United States, Europe, Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

The husband and wife team of Jeffrey Kippel and Mindy Blackstien cofounders of the WNSO, also publish the federations magazine, FAME. Last year, because of the increased interest in modeling, The WNSO began a Muscle Model Division.

Continuing to look for ways to better serve their FAME athletes, the two turned their attention to the senior class and at this years FAME National Championships named the first ever WNSO Master Pro bodybuilder.

Kippel and Blackstien selected for this honor a senior US bodybuilder from Alabama, Scott “Old Navy” Hults, who is the 64 year-old 2006 FAME WNSO Men’s Masters 60+ World Champion.

He was selected to receive his WNSO Master Pro card as the representative Champion from last years FAME Worlds. Hults attended this years event and appeared on stage as Guest Poser during the amateur competition and again at the evening Pro show.

At the Pro show, the promoters introduced “Old Navy” as the 2006 Masters 60+ Champion and on stage, awarded him the first WNSO Master Pro Card as they announced the launching of the new WNSO Masters Pro Division.

“I am honored to be selected as the first WNSO Master Pro. I hope I can inspire those who believe age is a statistic, not a burden,” Hults said
    The WNSO will offer its first Master Pro competition at the 2007 FAME North American and US National Championships in Miami, FL, November 2-4. Plans are for there to be one or more Master Pro competitions per year in the US and in Canada, and later in other countries. The Men’s body building will be split into two age groups, 40-55 and 55+. The women's Master Pros will be 35+.

In order to establish a stable of Master Pros, the WNSO will award a WNSO Master Pro Card to the winners of the Men’s Masters 40+, 50+ and 60+ FAME World Championships from 2005 and 2006 and the winners of the Women's Masters Class for those years. The winners of the Men’s and Women's Masters classes that had five or more competitors in this years FAME National Championship show also earned WNSO Master Pro Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    Absolutely. And, if you win the Masters 40+ class at the Nationals, you will win your WNSO Masters Pro Card. This is something new. This story is posted on this site, but I think you should read it. Good Luck, Warrior. Go for the Master Pro.

FAME WNSO Reaches Out to Senior Athletes

Establishes a Master Pro Division for Bodybuilding and Fitness Competitors
    Awards 1st WNSO Master Pro Card to Scott “Old Navy” Hults

June 10, 2007, Toronto, Canada (FAME) – For the past 10 years, the World Natural Sports Organization, WNSO, has been a leader in providing natural, drug-free competitions for bodybuilding, fitness, model and figure athletes. The organization offers both amateur and professional level contests throughout Canada, the United States, Europe, Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

The husband and wife team of Jeffrey Kippel and Mindy Blackstien cofounders of the WNSO, also publish the federations magazine, FAME. Last year, because of the increased interest in modeling, The WNSO began a Muscle Model Division.

Continuing to look for ways to better serve their FAME athletes, the two turned their attention to the senior class and at this years FAME National Championships named the first ever WNSO Master Pro bodybuilder.

Kippel and Blackstien selected for this honor a senior US bodybuilder from Alabama, Scott “Old Navy” Hults, who is the 64 year-old 2006 FAME WNSO Men’s Masters 60+ World Champion.

He was selected to receive his WNSO Master Pro card as the representative Champion from last years FAME Worlds. Hults attended this years event and appeared on stage as Guest Poser during the amateur competition and again at the evening Pro show.

At the Pro show, the promoters introduced “Old Navy” as the 2006 Masters 60+ Champion and on stage, awarded him the first WNSO Master Pro Card as they announced the launching of the new WNSO Masters Pro Division.

“I am honored to be selected as the first WNSO Master Pro. I hope I can inspire those who believe age is a statistic, not a burden,” Hults said
    The WNSO will offer its first Master Pro competition at the 2007 FAME North American and US National Championships in Miami, FL, November 2-4. Plans are for there to be one or more Master Pro competitions per year in the US and in Canada, and later in other countries. The Men’s body building will be split into two age groups, 40-55 and 55+. The women's Master Pros will be 35+.

In order to establish a stable of Master Pros, the WNSO will award a WNSO Master Pro Card to the winners of the Men’s Masters 40+, 50+ and 60+ FAME World Championships from 2005 and 2006 and the winners of the Women's Masters Class for those years. The winners of the Men’s and Women's Masters classes that had five or more competitors in this years FAME National Championship show also earned WNSO Master Pro Cards

I meant in the OPA division not FAME. I am not interested in competing with WNSO I will be competing with the CBBF for an IFBB pro card.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    I meant in the OPA division not FAME. I am not interested in competing with WNSO I will be competing with the CBBF for an IFBB pro card.
    P

Good Luck, Warrior.

I am planning on doing NPC Masters Nationals in 2008. I just did JR Nats here in Chicago and placed 5th in a stacked LHW class of 32. It was my third show in 6 months (Mid-west Iron man in Dec, MD Cyber classic in March). I ended up weighin in fairly light 184lbs. My plan is to take the next year off put some weight back on and come in right at the top of the LHW's.

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...rowse&id=10583

for more pics.

Hope to see some of you guys on stage!!
    Last edited by tank242; June 30th, 2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: change pic

Default Tank242

Tank, glad to hear you're aiming for the Masters Nationals. It's a great show. If you haven't seen my Masters contest reports (& documentary commentaries under Repetrope link), see my website:

http://www.bodybuildingreviews.net

Default More Masters

This is going to be a huge show, with a lot of guys showing up much bigger than they've been elsewhere. We'll see if they can pull in the ripped condition as well, since big isn't all you need to win. Even without the strict qualifications other national shows have, the Masters Nats has become one of most competitive NPC shows because Gary has landed 4 pro cards for men (2 over 40, 1 over 50, 1 over 60). That's second only to the Nationals in number of pro cards given to men in one show. Moreover, the women have really stepped up to the plate the last few years, & done superbly (this is the only NPC show where an over-35 female bodybuilding or figure competitor can get a masters pro card). Gary has reorganized the judging times & it should run more quickly than last year.

If you go to the evening show & never have before, one word of advice: be sure to eat before you go. It starts early, there are no breaks, & you would have to miss a significant part of the show (or leave early) to eat while it's going on.

I plan on doing the IFBB North American Sept 1.

Default My Final Amateur Contest

On Saturday, August 18th, I will compete in my final amateur contest, the 2007 NPC Alabama State Championships in Birmingham. I have entered the Open Men's Lightweight Class, the Men's Masters 50+ Class and the Men's Masters 60+ Class. Last year, at this show, I placed 3rd in Open Men's Bantam Weight and 2nd in Men's Masters 60+. I hope to win the 50+ or 60+ Mr. Alabama title at this, my 21st contest.

I hold Master Pro cards in the NGA, IDFA (Canada) and WNSO FAME (Canada and the US). I will compete in the 2007 NGA Pro Am in the Master Pro 50+ Class in Atlanta on September 8th. My final show this year will the the 2007 FAME Master Pro National Championship in Miami on November 4th, where I will compete in the Master Pro 55+ Class.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast