Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Who's physique would you choose to be future Mr. Olympia?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cedric Mcmillan

184 45.21%
  • Phil Heath

223 54.79%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cedric Mcmillan Vs. Phil Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    He sure didn't this year and he may not ever.

Heath has to many short comings that will always be problematic.

he has narrow clavicles that are VERY obvious.

His chest is straight up fucked up looking in many poses; most muscular, side chest (he looks he has a deformed pair of tits in the side chest...the worst shape any one's pecs ever in that pose).

He is NOT a massive guy by any means...only his arms...he has pretty big delts too, but not freaky.

His legs, back, and chest are nothing special at all when it comes to muscular size. Size rules in the O' is is mandatory for any BB'r to be considered the best.

You cannot be 5'9, only weight 230 lb's and be considered the best BB'r. heath only looks big because of his massive arms. Take those away and he would look MUCH less impressive.

Judges realize this and pick apart his physique. They see non-Mr. O' level muscle development other than arms or delts. They also see serious muscle shape and structure issues in his fugly looking chest and narrow clavicles.

Heath will never win the O' as long as we have better BB'rs entering the O' with more size and no weak points.

Heath has to get probably at least another 15+ lb's bigger with stellar conditiong (like he always has) in order to win the O', but that is assuming no one else improves.

Heath has a terrible front standing relaxed pose, the worst in the top 6 at ther Olympia and others as well. His muscular shape in that pose sucks!

Despite those weaknesses, heath still has enormous potentail and looks phenomenal, he just isn't ready to win the O' yet and certainly is NOT the best in the world.

I agree with your assessment, but we can say take away this body part or that body part about almost all bodybuilders. If you take away Jay's awesome wheels then he'd look ridiculous. Dexter might be the most balanced guy out there, having no dominating body parts, but he lacks size compared to most of the guys at the O.

Forum Leader: Chemical Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by isquat95lbs View Post
    I agree with your assessment, but we can say take away this body part or that body part about almost all bodybuilders. If you take away Jay's awesome wheels then he'd look ridiculous. Dexter might be the most balanced guy out there, having no dominating body parts, but he lacks size compared to most of the guys at the O.

Jay still has an absolutely massively developed upper body even without his legs.

Phil just doesn't have a lot of mass anywhere other than arms and maybe delts. He is different than most BB'rs in this regard, as few are considered among the best in the world with any outstanding muscular size throughout their bodies.

Even Dex, who you mention, packs a lot of mass all over for someone of his height. He is 3 inches shorter than Phil, yet he weighs more than Heasth onstage. He is not small by any means. He definitely has more overall size than Phil throughout his torso, no doubt about it.

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by isquat95lbs View Post
    take away kais back you have amazing wheels, take away branchs legs he has the best chest and grainy muscle development, take jays legs hes got one of the (if not the most) thick upper bodies. Take Victors arms you got the best shaped back and the best back lat spread. I hate dexter, no comment.

I like them booth but I prefer cedrics phsyique & in a year or two he will be at the top & im not afraid to make that statement because his work ethic is there. he has the genetics I honestly like his leg sweep & back & chest right now better than phils but hes not as polished yet but give him time he will be in the top 6 or 10 in the olympia in 2-3 yrs no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
    take away kais back you have amazing wheels, take away branchs legs he has the best chest and grainy muscle development, take jays legs hes got one of the (if not the most) thick upper bodies. Take Victors arms you got the best shaped back and the best back lat spread. I hate dexter, no comment.
    Good point.

Jay still has an absolutely massively developed upper body even without his legs.

Phil just doesn't have a lot of mass anywhere other than arms and maybe delts. He is different than most BB'rs in this regard, as few are considered among the best in the world with any outstanding muscular size throughout their bodies.

Even Dex, who you mention, packs a lot of mass all over for someone of his height. He is 3 inches shorter than Phil, yet he weighs more than Heasth onstage. He is not small by any means. He definitely has more overall size than Phil throughout his torso, no doubt about it.
    You make a lot of sense, can't argue with that.

To see that Cedric & Phil are about head to head in the poll only shows Cedric has the Physique to do damage in the Pro ranks. One can not argue that alot of the posts are from Fans and Competitors alike and when it comes to assessing one's physique I think we all know where it's at without the BS!
    Sometimes, things are better left un-said.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneySantiago View Post
    To see that Cedric & Phil are about head to head in the poll only shows Cedric has the Physique to do damage in the Pro ranks. One can not argue that alot of the posts are from Fans and Competitors alike and when it comes to assessing one's physique I think we all know where it's at without the BS!
    This is the only site that would have the poll so close. ALSO, less than 100 people have even bothered to vote because it's not even a contest between the them. Phil is a top tier pro. Cedric isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
    This is the only site that would have the poll so close. ALSO, less than 100 people have even bothered to vote because it's not even a contest between the them. Phil is a top tier pro. Cedric isn't even close.

Your entitled to you opinion like everyone else, more power to you.
    Sometimes, things are better left un-said.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmillan View Post
    And for the record, I will get the breaks beat off me by the rest of the pros too... Lol
    but just hold on a lil while... 2 years baby, 2 years...
    We were backstage at the nats talkin bout the forums and all the guys say I should stay the hell off the forums and not even read them...I'm startin to think they right cause yall will fuck a brotha head up...haha
    it's all good
    Theres way more good guys on this board than bad guys. Just don't be an arrogant douche like Sean Allen and you'll always be appreciated around here. Congrats on a well deserved win!
    "TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF KENNETH!"

Banned

Cedric has enormoud potential. Whether he will fullfill it or not remains to be seen; a lot goes into fullfilling one's potential other than just pure physical genes.

If both were to maximize their true physical potential, I would say Cedric has greater potemtial for a few reasons.

1. He is 6'1 and 255-260 lb's!

That height advantage alone will make an enormous difference. Once you combine his future potential weight with that height, I could see him easily competing at a lofty 6'1 and 285-295 shredded lb's. 285 lb's is well within his means and 295 lb's is not anywhere close to being an impossibility for a man of his height.

When we consider his lack of competitive experience, time training and training knowledge, lack of applicable knowledge in the contest preparation department, prior less than perfect nutrition and AAS use, we can begin to appreciate how much potential he really does have.

2. He has excellent overall shape and lines; clean all around. His overall shape is superior to Heath's and he doesn't have the structural disadvantages Heath has. His wide clavicles are huge plus.

When you combine his height, 30+ lb's of potential muscular bodyweight, 40% possible improvment in conditioning and much greater clavicle width, he has the capacity to dominate Heath in every standing relaxed pose and many other poses.

Few people at his height have a near perfect structure, or the ability to completly fill it out, along with great overall lines and shape....Cedric actually does.

With the right training, diet, mind-set, mentoring/guru and avoidance of injury, he is the only BBr on the pro stage today that can fit all of the above criteria and acheive a super physique.

No one at his height has that combination of potential attributes.
    WOW

Right on, very well put and thought out. You nailed it. Cedric, IMO, could be the next dominant Mr.O....a guy who could reign for YEARS!!! give him 2 years, like the man said, and he will be unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by buffguy View Post

Of course Heath is the superior BB'r right now, but.....if were talking about sheer potential, then Cedric is up there with the best of them.

Remember, according to the info out there, Cedric is not only relatively new to this game, but he also has not even begun to get his training diet and AAS use down. Just time alone will have him add more mass and improve his conditioning. Once he gets his diet/AAS straight, gets a reliable coach to help him with his conditioning, and puts in 3 more years, the guy is going to be.......

COMPETING AT 280-290 LB'S RIPPED!.....WITH AWSOME SHAPE AND LINES.

Combine that with the fact that he's the only BB'r competing at 6 feet tall and wide shoulders with those attributes and it becomes clear he will not only be better than Phil Heath, but could be holding the Sandow.

Only time will tell what he is able to put into the sport.

heaths more fuller and muscle bellys pop way more
    A QUITTER NEVER WINS & A WINNER NEVER QUITS

this poll is fucking close wow! That is a lot of believers in Cedric's potential. That is fuckin PHIL HEATH tho lol...dude is such a freak show!!!!!! Cedric is going to be a great pro too however
    Follow Me as I prepare to compete November 2nd - www.instagram.com/VinnyN1026

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyN1026 View Post
    this poll is fucking close wow! That is a lot of believers in Cedric's potential. That is fuckin PHIL HEATH tho lol...dude is such a freak show!!!!!! Cedric is going to be a great pro too however
    I'm happy for Cedric...but I know shit like this kills him, he hates this sort of hype stuff....but he does have so much damn potential. That's what I think people are forgetting in this whole thing is that you can't compare Heath NOW to Cedric NOW. Its just an overall opinion on potential, which mean future and not present.

Give Cedric 2-3 yrs and we will see where he is at, I predict one of the top 5 in the world.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Long-term potential? No question in my mind. Cedric's height, width, overall structure and shape - once he packs on the mass and gets that freaky conditioning, forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Long-term potential? No question in my mind. Cedric's height, width, overall structure and shape - once he packs on the mass and gets that freaky conditioning, forget about it.

Exactly what I have been saying. Right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    I do think he will improve, I just think Cedric has a better look to him in general and will overtake him in the future.
    3rd and 5th place at the Mr O?

I rather bank on ACTUAL contest results vs potential...

How many next biggest thing have we seen? Potential means NOTHING only actual placings.

Do I need to post all the next biggest things that never did anything? No slam on Ced I think he is a good bodybuilder but I will believe it when I SEE it on stage not based on potential due to size and shape.
    Are you gonna live your life, or are you biding time till you die?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast