Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 136 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Layne Norton

Layne, I've heard a lot recently about full body routines being superior for naturals as opposed to a body part split because full body workouts a few times a week causes a greater endocrine response. What is your take on this?

hi layne im curious on what optimal for post-workout recovery im 120 lbs and believe that im considered ectomorph this is my current post-workout shake: 70g dextrose / malto + 36g of Protein
    do u think i'm overdoin protein or is it fine to keep at that amount?

Spotter

Layne, i work at my office and sit at my desk pretty much all day, i eat 2 solid meals but after each meal i just get sooo bloated like my stomach is going to blow,plus my waist is getting bigger..any tips on how to reduce it?

Hey Layne, sorry if it's been asked before but do fast acting carbs post workout actually help build more muscle? If so would you only recommend them when bulking and cut them out when cutting? Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    oh, that's interesting. just wait, i'm sure people will try to turn this into a me vs. Hany thing LOL
    Lol, yeah probably you know what some people are like on here, did you take shakes pre contest for your last show????

Layne, do you actually read questions that members ask or have conversations with just a couple? You blew right by the question above, was going to send the guy to you as a paying client, or do you do that?

Layne, whats your take on chewing gum precontest? does it affect your fat loss?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axioma View Post
    Layne, do you actually read questions that members ask or have conversations with just a couple? You blew right by the question above, was going to send the guy to you as a paying client, or do you do that?
    Have you read this thread? Or my other thread that is like almost 300 pages long?????? http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ead.php?t=4226 I try my best to answer everyone's questions.

I am in the midst of finishing my PhD and writing a 100+ page thesis. I answer over 150 emails per day, that doesn't include the private messages I answer on here, bodybuilding.com, facebook, and myspace, which add up to about 50 per day. So that's 200 messages right there. I run my own business, including keeping all the books (not to mention its tax season and i'm dealing with that). I have several columns I write for. We are also in the midst of trying to move to Florida this summer and so I am dealing with trying to find houses 1000 miles away. I don't have a whole lot of free time on my hands and so yes, I try to get into my threads answer the questions and get out, you will have to forgive me if I'm not very chatty. My grandmother just passed away suddenly, so on top of all the other things I do, I had to deal with that and drop everything and leave town for her funeral which set me back several days in work and I've been spending each night staying up til 2 or 3 am to finish my work. Last night I was so exhausted I literally damn near passed out at my keyboard.

So you will have to forgive me if I missed something!!!! I mean seriously. I've answered thousands of questions in this thread and I MISS one and all the sudden you try to make me out to be the kind of guy who doesn't care?

Unbelievable
    Last edited by str8flexed; February 18th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

It's clear some people don't think before they talk. Completely Ridiculous.

You're the man Layne. We all appreciate all the hard work you do here.

Quote Originally Posted by axioma View Post
    Dude, you just posted your question yesterday!? Have some freaking patience! The people answering all your questions for free have lives too. Its impossible for him to answer all these...and to bitch about it!?

Quote Originally Posted by slashmw78 View Post
    Dude, you just posted your question yesterday!? Have some freaking patience! The people answering all your questions for free have lives too. Its impossible for him to answer all these...and to bitch about it!?
    cant call him a dick that means he needs testosteone
    he is bitching like a PMSing, drunk, red headed beatin step daughter

Sorry to hear about your grandmother...but Layne, I think most people are VERY grateful for all the questions you answer, it's soo rare to find someone with such a large knowledge base willing to answer everyone's questions for no charge. Just know that most of us really appreciate your help and look up to you. I know for a fact that I do. There's always going to be those fucktards that want to shit on everything, try to ignore them lol.
    Last edited by AeroChief; February 18th, 2010 at 07:01 PM.

http://myot12.com/

Would be very interested to get your opinion
    Thanks Layne

what do you think about waiting 30 min or so after cardio before eating to ensure your burning fat???

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
    what do you think about waiting 30 min or so after cardio before eating to ensure your burning fat???
    +1, i never knew that.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
    LOL. After exercise is when you are MOST insulin sensitive. If you are going to eat at ANYTIME it should be immediately after exercise.

See this is the problem with so many people; they only think linearly. They have this view of insulin that as soon as you release any of it it shuts down all fat burning everywhere; that's bullshit. It's a threshold effect. As long as you aren't secreting a ton of insulin fat burning can go on just fine. The problem is these guys read an ABSTRACT and don't read whole studies or even worse they just read something in a magazine that shows that carbs decrease fat burning after exercise and they just go OOOH OOOH CARBS BAD!!!!! When they don't bother to look at the study and see they gave 100-200g of pure glucose post workout, well no fuckin' shit it shut down fat burning. But 50g of oatmeal is a hell of a lot different than 100-200g glucose. If these guys would slow down and actually take the time to read an entire study and INTERPRET the results rather than just reading an abstract and looking at the conclusions we wouldn't have this BS floating around.

Hell a monkey can look at an abstract and copy down a conclusion and say OOOH OOOH GLUCOSE BAD OOOOH OOOOH AHHH AHH! But heaven forbid they form a cogent thought on their own by actually reading some full studies.

/end rant

damn I'm in a bad mood today. I should lighten up... it's friday after all LOL
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Well I asked this to Even earlier today, but since I just read your sudden outburst and see that your mind is on the subject I figured I'd give it to you. Lol. This will be my first major diet(will start in a month or so), so just wanting to get everything in order. Thank you kind sir.

While cutting do you think it's better to skip a high carb drink post workout and just have a protein shake? GH is elevated post training and an insulin spike would blunt the effects, no? So maybe have a protein shake, let the GH do it's thing, and then a whole food meal an hour later? I've only done a mild cut once, and it was keto... so just seeing what you think as you dieted with carbs last show.
    trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Page 12 of 136 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast