Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Layne Norton

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    and a Cannon and a paintball gun both shoot a projectile, so obviously they are the same
    Haha, thanks, yeah ill tell him, that should stump him.

Dedicated Noob

not sure what your question is?
    Sorry for confusion bro.

I mean say if I am 190lbs and I am eating for example..7 meals a day (40P/40C/30F per meal)...and I have stalled at 190lbs. Would you make a certain increase to the macro ratio ..maybe to 50/40/25 for 7 meals.

I am confused on how to switch up the macros (thus changing the total calories) to reach your goal whether it be to gain in lean mass or decrease bodyfat.

2-Swole

Dedicated Noob

about how many calories would you start a 210 pound guy off with for pre contest? I'm also about 9% bodyfat right now with 11 weeks out.

no final word yet. though we are starting to work up an experiment that should give us some more insight
    Good stuff, maybe I will pick your brain at the arnold this year again
    See you in 6 weeks. Your coming right?

Hey bro, I was wondering if you could lead me in the right direction as to what is and is not accepted supplements for a NPC natural competition. I am competing in the NPC natural in columbus, ohio on march 20th and just wanted to make sure everything that i have been taking is ok. Not sure if you had a link or something that you knew of that could help out. Thanks man good luck with your powerlifting meet in Tampa!

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

well, my best guess would be going to the NPCs website and looking for a list. If that doesn't yield results i'd email the promotor
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by mr.oklahoma View Post
    about how many calories would you start a 210 pound guy off with for pre contest? I'm also about 9% bodyfat right now with 11 weeks out.

AGAIN

It is different for EVERYONE and depends on the INDIVIDUAL'S metabolism. I've had guys who are 230 lbs eating 1800 kcals per day because they had very slow metabolisms and i've had 170 lb guys eating 3000 calories per day to prep for a show because they had very fast metabolisms. It is different for EVERYONE.

-Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Layne, Whats your final word on Meal Frequency?
    Being in college class and work get the best of me, and I usually end up with 2-3 meals tops in a day with some BCAA's or Uni-Liver tabs between meals (4-5 hours between meals). I am still getting my adequate kcals for mass gain, but just wanted to hear your 2 cents.
    i'm sure you've read my meal frequency article?
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

i'm sure you've read my meal frequency article?
    Referring to the Protein Synthesis Study which you derive your meal intake off of?

Hey Layne got any recommendations for a solid whey protein? Currently I just use some generic Wal-Mart brand whey but the quality is pretty shitty. Cost is an issue too as I'm an undergrad. The Wal-Mart stuff is 52g of protein per scoop and its like 15 bucks for 2.2lbs.

Nice lift!!

Layne - Do you advise super-dosing BCAA (Leucine)? Such as 20-25g pre-workout and 20-25g post-workout?

Thanks!!

try deficit deadlifts. Stand on a 3-4" platform

Quote Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Referring to the Protein Synthesis Study which you derive your meal intake off of?
    yes
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
    Hey Layne got any recommendations for a solid whey protein? Currently I just use some generic Wal-Mart brand whey but the quality is pretty shitty. Cost is an issue too as I'm an undergrad. The Wal-Mart stuff is 52g of protein per scoop and its like 15 bucks for 2.2lbs.
    nothing wrong with whey concentrate so long as you don't have a lactalbumin sensitivity. I love Scivation Chocolate Whey's taste. Best out of the protein's i've used
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by bjo12 View Post
    Nice lift!!

Layne - Do you advise super-dosing BCAA (Leucine)? Such as 20-25g pre-workout and 20-25g post-workout?

Thanks!!
    no, that is ridiculous overkill

10-15g would easily get you maximum benefits
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

hey layne,

i have been reading about muscle physiology and i am a bit confused about certain things.... so let me start with say.. a person does a 10 rep max set to failure, and the muscle group had 100 muscle fibers.

With the 1st "full range of motion rep" 10 muscle fibers were recruited and "x" number of microtraumas were produced now with every rep... 10 more fibers come into play producing causing "x" number microtraumas... and untill the person reaches failure at reps while using the SIZE principle of muscle recruitment...all the muscle fibers get recruited( ie slow twitch, fast twitch 1 and the 2)....
    so overall "10x" micro trauma have been induced

1.now my que is if a person performs his reps with 70 of the full range of motion.... then does that mean only 7 muscle fibers get recruited per rep and microtrauma induced will be "x-3" and when he reaches failure at the end of 10 reps.....
    only 70 muscle fibers were recruited and 10(x-3) microtraumas have been produced.

what is the reason for CNS overtraining?

is it that with every week person tries to increase his lifting poundages... which means CNS has to increase its neurotransmittor release every week But the rate of reuptake resynthesis of acetyl choline remains the same...when this difference gets out of hand... no more strength gains occur mainly die to deficiency of neurotransmitter by CNS..no more strength gains = no more muscle gains... am i thinking correct.?

wud appreciate

thank you
    Mike Arnold coaching/contest prep: mikearnold2010@live.com

Reason I bring up Meal Frequency, what is your 2 cents on Intermittent Fasting?
    Even if an individual hits his calories/macros in a time span (8 hours or less) and in 1-2 meals how much harm is there?

Page 6 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast