Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Layne Norton

Nobody

hey layne, quick question for you, if the competitor is shredded to the bone a week before the competition day, what he is supposed to do preparing for the contest ? keep everything the same and not trying to do anything drastic or what ? any advice would be much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    40-60g per day. no more than 70
    Wow, that's a lot!
    Think I better increase mine.

well thanks but that's not why I do it. There are plenty of other bodybuilders out there who are super strong as well. I have nothing against guys that use, but what bothers me is when people act like you can't train hardcore if you are natural. I'll put my training up against anyone's in terms of intensity
    That drives me crazy too. I don't have the best genes, I was always super skinny growing up (I weighed 130 when I graduated high school at 5'9"). But now I'm leaner than those days and 35 pounds heavier.

I had to bust my ass to gain that weight and it took YEARS to do it! If I would have cycled, it would have taken just as much work in the gym, but the gains would have surely come ALOT quicker! Thats why I feel that training naturally is even tougher mentally than when using aas, because it takes that much longer to see gains and that instant gratification is not there making it much easier to just give up.

Just my two cents.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Pohan View Post
    hey layne, quick question for you, if the competitor is shredded to the bone a week before the competition day, what he is supposed to do preparing for the contest ? keep everything the same and not trying to do anything drastic or what ? any advice would be much appreciated...
    did you read the last 3 issues of MD?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Hey Layne if you could only train 3 days a week how would u train/split your routine?
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Sup Layne,
    When's the target finish for the Phd???
    Also, I was checking out SciVation's whey protein on bb.com and I notice there is not much info on amino profile and such, especially when comparing it to other brands. I really want to buy the 10lb'r for $65 because that's such a great deal, but I'd like some more info on my purchase. Just seeing if you knew what was up with that?
    Thanks bro. Peace!

Nobody

did you read the last 3 issues of MD?
    yeah bro! i just want a clarifications from you one more time, that keeping it all the same would yield greater result rather than doing something weird in the final week...anyway your writing is excellent, why don't you make a book about those myth and nonsense about peaking in the final week?!

I just read your article about "natural" athletes. I have my first show coming up in about 14 weeks and for the "natural" athlete as the way you applied it to yourself, are there any ways to guilt free snack during the day? Especially on low carb days? I am on 1/4th cup off oats in the morning then 4 oz sweet potatoes and thats it for the day. I dont really get cravings but i just miss having a filler in between meals. I think not having this filler makes my meal cadence get out of whack as well.
    meal 1 - 6-630 am
    meal 2 - 930 am
    meal 3 - 1230 shake
    meal 4 - 130
    meal 5 - 330
    meal 6 - 7-8
    meal 7 - 9-930
    thanks for your help.

Layne what is your take on myo-t12? Are you going to try it? You you think it would be a good supp for the natties?

hey layne how is it going? i was wondering if you can help me... see when i was 12 i had surgery on my left elbow and so far it hasnt really shown any problems. im a natural bodybuilder and i got my arms up to a little over 17" but now it seems to have hit an stand still. do you have any suggestions on how to possibly get the growth going again. thanks

Hi Layne,

i have 2 questions.

1. what is your opinion on estrogen and fat loss?
    2. how can one improve/increase 1)the mitochondrial density/oxidative capacity in the muscles and 2) beta-receptor density ?

thanks

Beach Body

Hey Layne
    I just finshed watching your new video on bb.com. I was wondering what other foods did you have in your Olympia travel besides the can meats and the Baked Lays?

thanks a lot

layne i have been a huge fan. and i used your way dieting as a launch point for me. now at 235lbs i was using aboit 300g pro 80-90g fat and about 500g carbs. it was about 4000cal but i wasnt making any gains so i am looking to bump it up to about 4500cal but i dont know where i should add from, any suggestions. because all my nutrition classes say to much pro is bad.

Hey Layne, just wondering what your opinion on HIT or DoggCrapp training is for natural guys?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

hey guys, please give me some time to get to these. i was on vacation and then just found out my grandmother passed away suddenly today so I have a lot of things and travel to take care of these next few days
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Sorry to hear about the loss.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

i am sorry for your loss

Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast