Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WHAT A REAL PITBULL SHOULD LOOK LIKE

Hmm. Well fair enough, I'm confused on the genetic side as I know they are bred specifically to inherit this look which was explained to me as a myostatin deficiency. I thought it stated it within an article I read about the whippet as well as the bully. I think I need some education on the subject a little more. Is there something else that is allowing the dogs to retain a large amount of mass genetically?

usually a bucket load of gear and regular weight pulling bud.those dogs are high maintanence to maintain that size and leanness.
    Also the mastiffs and molloser breeds are heavily muscled dogs,so that muscle mass on a terrier frame looks massive hence why they appear to be so "double muscled"
    T.C.O.B

Here's my buddies website, he breeds show quality Bullies/pits. It's actually what you are talking about in regards to being mixed and not pure. He's very particular on what he breeds, and although most are Bullies he has some of the old school APBT's as well.

BTW.. For some reason he does not like Razor's Edge dogs. I'll have to ask him why, but if I remember correctly someone (not him) has mentioned something about line breeding with them. My buddy got a Razor's Edge dog and when it was received the dog had mange and some other issues. Took 4 months to get papers for his dog, they lied about her age, and the pit is about 42lbs and tiny at 2 years old. Still a good pup though..

http://www.goodfellakennels.com/
    Last edited by emceeR; June 3rd, 2010 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vqpower View Post
    this dog is a perfect example of what paradox is saying is not a real pitbull.

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    this dog is a perfect example of what paradox is saying is not a real pitbull.
    When's your son or step son gonna give me a slap then gobshite?
    T.C.O.B

Quote Originally Posted by BAD@SSFord View Post
    Heres my boy. He is 100% Razors Edge.

nice

Pitbulls are one of the most loyal, powerful, affectionate, and social dogs. It is a shame they have a bad reputation because of people who think it's okay and even fun to abuse animals.
    Here is Roscoe, he is a Staffordshire Terrier. In this picture he is less than 2 years old. He was rescued and now lives with my room mate and I.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another picture of Roscoe. My room mate and I take him backpacking and he loves it. Doesn't need a leash either. He will run to where the path starts to turn, then stand their and wait for us to catch up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
    Here's another picture of Roscoe. My room mate and I take him backpacking and he loves it. Doesn't need a leash either. He will run to where the path starts to turn, then stand their and wait for us to catch up.
    That's a good looking dog and it sounds like he is living life the way a dog should be allowed to live it.

the amount of pitbulls ect in the dog pounds over in the UK is unreal

alot of them if they are not re-homed are put down if other dog pounds cant accomodate them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123