hey bro.. sure can:
    bis: standing dumbell curls 3-4 sets of 6-10
    straight bar curl 3 sets of 6-10
    hammer curls- 3 sets of 6-10
    tris: push downs- 3 sets of 10-15
    skull crushers 3 sets of 8-12
    rope pull downs 3 sets of 12-15
    and sometimes close grip BP for 3 sets.

I think I have a decent arm routine I just do not know why they dont grow.. I think im goint to really concentrate on form and very slow reps.. My diet is on point and they just dont grow.. what do you advise.. maybe like dave says: one arm at a time??? let me know what you think my good friend.. thanks bro!! much appreciation
    Here`s my suggestions:

Super-Set # 1:
    {Straight Barbell Curls:
    1 X 12
    1 x 10
    1 x 8
    1 x 6,grab a lighter weight that you already have set up, and do 9 more for a Drop-Set total of 15 reps
    {Skullcrushers:
    1 x 20
    1 x 12
    1 x 10
    1 x 8,grab a lighter weight that you already have set up, and do 12 more for a Drop-Set total of 20 reps

Super-Set # 2:
    {Cable Preacher Curls:
    1 x 12
    1 x 10
    1 x 8
    1 x 12 (use original starting weight,and after you get the 12 reps do 5-6 more half reps to extend the set into the pain zone
    {Pressdowns:
    1 x 20
    1 x 15
    1 x 12
    1 x 10,drop weight and do 10 more,drop again and do 10 more

Seated Alternate Dumbell Curls:
    1 x failure (approximately 12 reps)

Triceps Dips Between Benches:
    2 x failure (bodyweight only.....do these with hands on one bench and fett on another bench)

No rest between exercises on the Super-Sets..rest only when both movements are completed,change weight,take 5-6 deep breaths and go again,then repeat.

Make sure you are getting in enough protein...........I`ll guarantee your arms will grow as long as you use good form and establish a good mind/muscle connection.

If you decide to try it out,be prepared for pain and let me know how you are progressing.

Good luck !!
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by Timski View Post
    Here`s my suggestions:

Super-Set # 1:
    {Straight Barbell Curls:
    1 X 12
    1 x 10
    1 x 8
    1 x 6,grab a lighter weight that you already have set up, and do 9 more for a Drop-Set total of 15 reps
    {Skullcrushers:
    1 x 20
    1 x 12
    1 x 10
    1 x 8,grab a lighter weight that you already have set up, and do 12 more for a Drop-Set total of 20 reps

Super-Set # 2:
    {Cable Preacher Curls:
    1 x 12
    1 x 10
    1 x 8
    1 x 12 (use original starting weight,and after you get the 12 reps do 5-6 more half reps to extend the set into the pain zone
    {Pressdowns:
    1 x 20
    1 x 15
    1 x 12
    1 x 10,drop weight and do 10 more,drop again and do 10 more

Seated Alternate Dumbell Curls:
    1 x failure (approximately 12 reps)

Triceps Dips Between Benches:
    2 x failure (bodyweight only.....do these with hands on one bench and fett on another bench)

No rest between exercises on the Super-Sets..rest only when both movements are completed,change weight,take 5-6 deep breaths and go again,then repeat.

Make sure you are getting in enough protein...........I`ll guarantee your arms will grow as long as you use good form and establish a good mind/muscle connection.

If you decide to try it out,be prepared for pain and let me know how you are progressing.

Good luck !!
    thanks very much my friend!! I will def try this my next arm routine! I appreciate your time and help.. thank u!

My pleasure.........train hard!
    Strictly Business

Your training advices are always fantastic and smart torture's tools....

Tim, where your giant sets are different from the Milos ones? From the total volume right?

Thanks Gabri...........yes ,I would do far less volume than Milos recommends but Milos has had great success with people.

I might recommend very high volume for a person for a short period of time just for a shock,but if you can`t get a good workout in 12-15 sets,depending on the bodypart,then you simply aren`t training hard enough,and 25-30 sets is not going to change that!
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by Timski View Post
    Thanks Gabri...........yes ,I would do far less volume than Milos recommends but Milos has had great success with people.

I might recommend very high volume for a person for a short period of time just for a shock,but if you can`t get a good workout in 12-15 sets,depending on the bodypart,then you simply aren`t training hard enough,and 25-30 sets is not going to change that!
    When you say 12-15 sets how many exercises are you including in the total sets.

It`ll vary all the time Bob,my workouts are always different as a rule........never the same thing twice in a row.

Just one scenario for chest:
    BB Inclines-5 sets
    Flyes-4 sets
    Dips-3 sets
    Crossovers-2 sets
    Strictly Business

How many exercises do you do for giant sets?

Minimum four exercises......maximum six exercises.
    Strictly Business

Thank you as always Tim.....so let's go to trying again progressive giant sets this week!

Why is non fat dairy or dairy in general such a taboo in pre contest dieting?

Quote Originally Posted by icecolddp View Post
    I need a good diet plan for cutting some excess body fat. I spent 25 years in the Marines so am pretty familiar with cardio and weight training so I know how to get bigger/what cardio does ect...However, I can't seem to lose this midsection I have developed over the last couple years. I would like to try a 8 or 12 week plan that will produce some results and help me see an ab again.
    Hey icecold,sorry about the delay in answering,been kinda` busy.

Can you give me some stats...........age,weight,height,years training,present diet,training routine, and type of cardio you are doing if any?

Thanks!
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by liftnainez View Post
    Hey Tim. Thanks for taking your time and helping out.. I have a question about my arm size.. Even when my diet was spot on everything grew but my bis and tris.. My legs and shoulders blew up, chest was decent, abs were there but bis and tris didnt grow... yes they got a bit vascular but looked flat.. what do you recomend I do.. I was thinking of hitting them 2 times a week.. maybe something like this:
    Monday: Chest, Shoulders, and a few sets of Triceps
    Wednesday: Back, Traps, and a few of Biceps
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Arms

In between days im going to do light cardio and abs.. I am just recovering from an injury so Im going to take it kind of easy and light and give me more rest days.. at least for now.. no more 5 day training in a row.. so what do you think I should do for my arms? Im going to be keeping the reps higher than 8 but below 12 at all times.. what exercises do you think I should concentrate on? Thanks so much my friend
    I don`t think it`s just certain exercises,but the way that you train that makes a big difference in gains......of course light piddly exercisdes won`t produce much in the way of results.

Give me the arm routine you`ve been using lately and I`ll give you the things that I would switch up.

Thanks!
    Strictly Business

I am 46 years old preparing for my first show. At 6 weeks out my coditioning is real good except my glutes are not tight. Any suggestions? As my body fat continues to drop will this get better?

Dave,ripped glutes are tough to get and not everybody will ever get them,but this should help.

My suggestion........walking lunges, about 50 yards total per set, holding 2 dumbells,take wide steps/lunges.

Stadium stairs at a field, skipping a stair while going up, and then walking back down.

Step-Ups............hold two dumbells, and step up on a bench or a platform,do the right leg 20 times,then the left leg 20 times,do not alternate.......start the first set with just bodyweight for 30 reps,the weighted sets should be for 20 reps.

Pick one of these or alternate them.........do about 2-3 sets after your other leg work.

If my post isn`t quite clear,just let me know.

Stay focused!
    Last edited by Timski; July 12th, 2007 at 07:15 PM.
    Strictly Business

thanks Tim my morning walks are at the school so the stadium will be easy. have you or anyone used ab-solution? thanks again

Tim,
    Check your PM's bro.

NYC BIG MIKE

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast