Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Training & Nutrition Questions or Problems

Default KETOGENICS? Carb Switching?? What does it all MEAN???

Hey Tim .. Thanks For being so kind to lend a helping hand....

I was wondering if you could explain how one should go about incorporating this into a training regime.. basically i am very to new to the mixing up of carbs loading and depleting, and switching around the carbs ..Im 184 lbs 6' maybe 12% bf.. kind of cut, with some belly fat not much..But Basically i want to lose fat while gaining muscle and i think a diet that is high in good fat and protein would help my body shed fat while building..Is this a good way to go about that..Eating foods like avocados, flax seed, olive oil, peanuts?? instead of carbs??? Its just that ive read so much info, and just need some "leimans"terms on the subject of carbing up? im not sure if it is applicacle to my situation or not.. Im no where even close to compete.. But i have the dedication to apply some of the techiniques..Would this be good for an intermediate bodybuilder ectomorph hardgainer such as myself????
    .Any information would be greatly appreciated ..

Cool Returning to the Weighs

Greetings Tim,
    I have been running for an hour daily in order to prepare for my
    return to the gym, its been over twenty-years. I currently eat regular
    meals that is low in carb and high in protein. What supplements should
    I inclued?
    Current weight is: 220
    I am 6'1"
    56 yrs old
    3 day program
    low reps, high sets
    retired now compeleting university studies.
    Peace always,
    Rockmon

hey tim!
    you posted some carb cycling numbers on a thread yesterday, but were those #'s for men/women or both???
    and what would the protein ratio be for the carb cycling #'s????
    thanks!
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

I think it's nice to have Tim helping all of us older members...I do think we need a forum for those 40+ so we can keep 20 yr olds out of this..They have there own forum and should stick to it.....Jesus why would a 20 yr old be asking how us (me 55) how we train at our age at the present moment....?If you 20 go away and if your 40+ plus lets rock and roll..I just found this forum today and love it until I saw 20 yr olds asking freaking questions.
    I'm old and cocky and don't give a shit what you think about me.

Banned

Just droping by to say hi Tim it's been a quick minute since we last spoke...Hope all is well!

Hey Billy,everythings going great bro.

Hope all is well with you too.
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    hey tim!
    you posted some carb cycling numbers on a thread yesterday, but were those #'s for men/women or both???
    and what would the protein ratio be for the carb cycling #'s????
    thanks!
    Sorry I missed this post.......been kinda` snoozing on this thread. LOL

Protein should always be kept at a minimum of 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.

As far as the carb numbers go,I neverr advocate that carbs be really high...........go with the numbers that I posted and watch how your body reacts,then add or subtract numbers according to the feedback.

Just a template to use as everyone is different and reacts differently to carb amounts.
    Last edited by Timski; October 31st, 2007 at 05:05 PM.
    Strictly Business

Hehe.....the 20 year olds are nervous! They see what us old farts can do and worry that we'll start crossing over to open classes and school them in the art of bodybuilding! Hell, Ronnie Coleman was 43 on his last Olympia win. Yikes! Imagine him in a 50-over class.....;-)

Tim, could you post a typical meal plan that you use for staying lean without losing muscle mass. Also any other tips for achieving those six pack abs.

Default Training & Nutrition Question

I have a problem with back training. I never actually can never felt my back contract, and I've been training for about 3 years now. Thanks for replying to me.

Tim,

Is your primary carb source from whole grain breads only?

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead10 View Post
    I have a problem with back training. I never actually can never felt my back contract, and I've been training for about 3 years now. Thanks for replying to me.
    Lighten the load,pull with your lats first,then let the arms come into play,get elbows well back and get a good stretch,with little to no momerntum.

Try this:

Pre-Exhaust Super-Set # 1:
    {Dumbell Pullovrers:
    3 x 12-15
    {Seated Cable Rows;
    3 x 10-12

Pre-Exhaust Super-Set # 2:
    {Stiff-Arm Pulldowns:
    3 x 15
    {V-Bar Pulldowns:
    3 x 10

Barbell Rows (forehead supported on back of on incline bench with towel as padding):
    3 x 12

No rest between exercises....rest only after both exercises have been completed,rest 60 seconds between Super-Sets.

Train styrict and try to link the mind to the muscles you are training.....ie. extreme concentration.
    God luck!
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by sloh View Post
    Tim,

Is your primary carb source from whole grain breads only?
    I only eat bread in the off-season and then not very much of it.

Baked potatoes, brown rice,and oatmeal is the way to go......bread sux IMO.
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by 68CHEVY View Post
    Tim, could you post a typical meal plan that you use for staying lean without losing muscle mass. Also any other tips for achieving those six pack abs.
    Meal # 1:
    10 eggwhites scrambled in non-fat cooking spray
    1/2 cup oatmeal (no milk)
    water

Meal # 2:
    1 can water packed tuna
    lg. salad with vinegar and oil dressing
    1 med. baked potato
    water

Meal # 3:
    5 oz. chicken breast (no skin)
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup veggies or salad
    water

Meal # 4:
    same as above but omit the rice

Meal # 5:
    1 can tuna
    water

Meal # 6:
    MRP in water
    or more chicken breast with water

Just a sample day of course as it varies.

For abs, get lean by eating this way,do cardio 4-5 days a week ,30-45 minutes at a time just walking on an inclined treadmill.

Train abs 2-3 x a week doing 3-5 exercises in a row with no rest repeating 2-3 times.

Drink a shitload of water and you can also drink two whey shakes in water,pre-and post workout, in place of two of the meals......cycling carbs, by having 3 low days followed by two higher days is a big help, and never leave the table feeling totally full.

Good luck!
    Strictly Business

Banned

Hey tim you haven't posted here since october? Hope all is well brother!! Have a happy and safe holiday!

I`m fine bro,just need people to post questions or problems and I`m all over it.

Hope you have a great Christmas bro,and all the best in the New Year !!
    Strictly Business

Hey Tim,I did a meet last weekend.Went 805,585,710,2100 at 275.I came up with 860 really fast but it was high.Im having a bit of trouble bowing over in the hole and it tends to keep my hips up.The 585 was a toy as was the 710[did my last deadlift at 11:30pm].I ended up winning the masters,the open and got best lifter,and at our age ,isnt winning trophies what its all about anyway?Hope all is well.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast